DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 3/7/14

victor

Seems like an average show, I don't know but pairing Bryan and Big Show seems like a giant step backward for Bryan. Doesn't seem like much of a show.

* Batista kicks off SmackDown with a promo until Daniel Bryan interrupts him. Kane ends up coming out and beating Bryan down. Big Show makes the save. Vickie Guerrero comes out and makes tonight’s main event – Kane and Batista vs. Show and Bryan. Batista had the spotlight back on him this time.

* Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler with Alberto Del Rio on commentary is next. Christian gets the win after Del Rio distracted Ziggler from the announce table.

* The Usos defeated Curtis Axel and Ryback.

* Eva Marie and Natalya defeated AJ Lee and Tamina Snuka when Natalya made AJ tap out with a Sharpshooter.

The Shield come out and cut a promo about how they need to be The Shield again like before. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose end up hitting each other before they reunite.

Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio with a Brogue Kick.

* Big E defeated Jack Swagger. There was more tension between Swagger and Cesaro.

* Another promo from Lana and Alexander Rusev.

* Batista and Kane vs. Big Show and Daniel Bryan is next. Show and Bryan cut a promo before the match and pick on their opponents. They’ve named their team, “Respect The Beard, Fear The Giant.” Bryan and Show get the win when Show hits a knockout punch on Kane and Bryan rolls him up. SmackDown ends with Bryan leading a “Yes!” chant while sitting on Show’s shoulders.

Sounds like the first skippable SD in a while. I sincerely hope that "team name" isn't legit.

Are they setting up Show vs. Kane at Mania?

Oh please god no.  I got quite enough of Big Show vs. Kane 14 years ago.

• Like 1

Yeah, people's styles never change over the course of their careers, down with all rematches!

Kane's style really hasn't. At least not for the last 15 years. Although I actually find that very impressive. Guys like the Outlaws and Too Cool are trotted out there as nostalgia acts and noticeably show their age, but their attitude contemporary Kane still fits right in as a weekly regular.

However, the only way I'd be interested in a Kane/Show match at Mania would be if they finished their catch-as-catch-can style chain wrestling match from Raw during Kane's May 19th phase. 

Dug Christian-Dolph quite a bit. The Shield summit was goofy in theory, but wound up being really awesome. Sheamus-Alberto got pretty great, although Sheamus as a face in peril is odd. Bray cut yet another great promo - every single one he does is not only good, but a bit different. This one was almost happy at points. There was an ungodly amount of filler on the show - I'd have saved at least an hour or more just watching it via the web instead of watching "live". The main event was pretty good, although it's clear they didn't have much faith in it given how little time they gave it.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/03/sd-3-7-14.html

Screens -

Paging Dr. Creepy -

cb5d66312756682.jpg

395930312750753.jpg

b7046f312750758.jpg

0874a1312750769.jpg

fd7de3312746803.jpg

703645312746834.jpg

ee73e9312746830.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/k27p0a2jwjz68fv457koc2ecccujol79

Del Rio/Sheamus was pretty darn great. Loved the rolling firemans carry on the outside, and really dug all the arm work. It gave something for Del Rio to viciously focus on, which he's really good at, plus it meant Sheamus could make brief fiery comebacks, only for ADR to quickly shut them down with a blow to the arm.

Main event was fun. Maybe it's a result of how often he does it, but I was anticipating Show turning on Bryan and joining the authority. That's going to happen soon, right?

Main event was fun. Maybe it's a result of how often he does it, but I was anticipating Show turning on Bryan and joining the authority. That's going to happen soon, right?

Didn't that already kinda happen once?

Daniel Bryan being allowed to make fun of Batista's belly buton tattoo just means that CM Punk is going to interfere against him at Wrestlemania and we'll get a feud over DB's lack of respect for tattoos.

AJ's facials putting on that chin lock made her look a bit like Xenia Onatopp.