DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

I should be on here trolling about how I work from home, but I work in Logistics so I am getting all sorts of SCREWED by this weather.

Everything in the Pacific Northwest is delayed.

Everything in the Northeast is delayed.

Everything in the Chicago area is delayed.

And California is just as useless as per usual.

The only time worse than this was when one of my idiot customers decided it would be a good idea to send 12 shipments to New Jersey just as Hurricane Sandy was barreling down.

Toledo Public Schools have already announced that they will be closed tomorrow. That shit iscrazy!

Toledo is prepping for 1a Level 3 winter storm. I work a custoemr service job and my boss said a level 3 is no reason to miss work. He's from Colorado. I explaiend ot him that Level 3 here means that public transportation shuts down and unless you are public service vehicle/FEMA worker you are not allowed to be on the road until the level 3 is lifted. His response "If I'm here your here". My response "I like having a job but I will NOT break the law for it".

James

Snow days for everyone! Shut down the city! Don't bother coming into work...unless you can work at home, like me, in which case, you are FUCKED.

You have it easy, dude. Snow days don't exist in Canada, or at least I've never come across them. So, regardless of the weather, if you can work from home, great. Otherwise, get your ass to work.

The only other time I've seen Walmart as deserted as it was at 12:30pm is when I go during the workweek. Everyone is staying home in KC today. Wish it was like that more often.

I'm already getting work emails from cry-babies who are too afraid that their trucks won't start tomorrow.

I'm also sending out a lot of angry "suck it up; get up early and get your trucks running" reply e-mails to people, coincidentally.

This week will be F-U-N!

Snow days for everyone! Shut down the city! Don't bother coming into work...unless you can work at home, like me, in which case, you are FUCKED.

Entire area is under an Travel Emergency, which means ain't nobody going nowhere. On the upside I'm taking a day off of work and I get to spend quality time with my snow blower. And by the weekend it is supposed to be back in the mid-30's.

Haven't gotten too much snow here, only about 2.5 inches.  Supposed to keep getting it off and on all day tomorrow too though, and then hit the negatives tomorrow night, with windchill down into the negative -20s, so that should be "fun."

Or like me, where you have to go into work at 3am despite dangerous conditions to tell everyone else to not drive during such dangerous conditions.

God, I hate my job

I should be on here trolling about how I work from home, but I work in Logistics so I am getting all sorts of SCREWED by this weather.

Everything in the Pacific Northwest is delayed.

Everything in the Northeast is delayed.

Everything in the Chicago area is delayed.

And California is just as useless as per usual.

Sounds like a... logistical nightmare.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 7

Sounds like a Monday. Or a Tuesday. Or any of the seven days where things always go wrong in this industry.

And just to get an idea of the kind of boss I work for - he's demanding that all of the home office employees show up ASAP, and if they're claiming that they can't make it (i.e. cars won't start) he has stated that he will personally drive to their house and get them.

This, in turn, apparently has led to multiple carpools - as the SUV employees are picking up all of the poor kids who don't want our crazy boss to know where they live.

Apparently it's -30 with the wind chill in KC. It's 72 in the apartment right now.

EDIT: WTF is up with the Northeast?

It's 50 degrees in Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts right now. I figured it'd be SNOWMAGEDDON!

EDIT: WTF is up with the Northeast?

It's 50 degrees in Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts right now. I figured it'd be SNOWMAGEDDON!

It's raining right now and it's 57 outside. In the afternoon, it's supposed to drop like a fucking anvil down to the mid 20's.  

I'm going to enjoy ice skating home.   Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 12 with up to 30mph winds (wind chills up to -25F).   I may die.  Or murder.  I haven't decided which.  

Its 27 degrees in Houston. Wind chill makes it 5 degrees. This is Houston. This is not supposed to be happening. I blame global warming.

As you should, it's causing it after all

What??? Chinese Icebreaker got stuck in the ice in the Arctic.  Guffaw at Global Warming.

Wait, that's the narrative, right?

So it's been raining in Gotham all day and temps are supposed to drop into single digits tonight. We're going to be the world's largest ice rink come the morn.

This am at work: 46 and rain.

At 1100, 43 and flurries.

Our reps from indy could not make it. They hadnt even left their homes.

Just read that its colder today at o'hare than the south pole today.

Nearly the entire state is under a travel ban due to the weather emergency.

Also, I looked out in my lower level walkout patio, which is enclosed by this retaining wall, and the entire thing is full of snow. Like, three feet of snow all the way around.

It's negative 18 F right now with about negative 50 windchill. It's noon. This is going to get fun. At least it hasn't snowed in the last week.