DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

Girlfriend and I moved into a new apartment on Saturday. It was misting out all day. Some of our items got a bit damp, but they're fine today. It's a damn good thing we didn't move today - rain turned into sleet, and it's been a mess out all day. Tomorrow, the high will be 63. Makes sense.

• 2 months later...

Relief should be on the way. Temps dropped here to like 69 to 70 degrees so I would imagine those cooler temps should make their way over there in the next day or so. Sucks for now, sure.

So it's the heat of summer, it's damn near perfectly clear outside, and there has been really loud thunder rumbling for like 10 minutes.

So yeah if you hear about a big ass tornado in central Alberta later today and I mysteriously don't post for like 3 days look for me in the Pacific Ocean.

• 3 weeks later...

That looked cool, but what a fucking idiot. As a total weather nerd and coward in the face of nature's awe and might, I get a little pissed when people do shit like that and live and then others, like in Joplin, can't do a fucking thing but get wiped off the map.

• 3 months later...

Except when it's 88 degrees in December. It's one thing for us to have 70-75 degree weather all the time. But it's just been fucking hot since May. Having summer for 7 months isn't that great after living here all your life. Luckily it's started to cool down, but it's a week to week basis.

Expecting 2-4" of lake effect snow tonight in northern Indiana with anywhere from 4-12" in southwest Michigan. And I have to drive through all of the Michigan shit tomorrow. On the bright side they are predicting temps in the upper 40's by the weekend. The lows for tonight and tomorrow night is 11.

Buffalo tells you all to go fuck yourselves. 

NWS BUFFALO        

Our current snow total forecast from this event through Wed pm., is now at 70 inches for local areas just south of #Buffalo NY #snow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...