DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

Summer is my favorite season but I'm really fucking tired of it being hot all the time.  I'm ready for Fall.

For once, I would like to be able to do some yardwork without losing fifty pounds of water weight because it's like fucking ninety outside with a billion percent humidity.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Summer is my favorite season but I'm really fucking tired of it being hot all the time.  I'm ready for Fall.

For once, I would like to be able to do some yardwork without losing fifty pounds of water weight because it's like fucking ninety outside with a billion percent humidity.

I hear you. I keep reminding the weather that my birthday has now passed, and it's time to cool off a bit. 

Today's forecast: lolno 95F and 90+% humidity for you

• Like 1

Susprised nobody has mentioned the lightning storm in the Seattle are last weekend. 2200 lightning strikes in a 5 hour span.

And it was AWESOME!

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/2-200-lightning-strikes-recorded-in-western-washington-during-saturday-night-storm/984108720

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, JLSigman said:

This morning it's in the mid 30's. I love living here. 

The other night it dropped down to three degrees at around 2AM. Now we have a five-day forecast with highs in the mid-sixties during the day but dropping down into the twenties after dark. New Mexico weather is fun! As it appears to be  freezing cold now and staying that way it calls for a four-cat warming crew. This will include Seven sharing my pillow, Waldo has foot-warming duty, and the two little ones (Spike & Arya, aged 5 months)  make themselves comfy wherever. Kathy has Jackpot, Sandor , and Jorkens with her. Wandering about wherever would be Cersei, Sumuru, and Sansa. Cersei usually gravitates to the pillow where she can wash Seven. 

• Haha 1

It was at the freezing point this morning.  The cold in the 804 has totally taken me off guard.

We've totally skipped Autumn.  When the leaves were falling from the trees, it was still in the mid to upper 70's at the time.

We went straight from Summer to fucking Winter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It was at the freezing point this morning.  The cold in the 804 has totally taken me off guard.

We've totally skipped Autumn.  When the leaves were falling from the trees, it was still in the mid to upper 70's at the time.

We went straight from Summer to fucking Winter.

All in one day when the temperature 30 degrees on Thursday. 

having only left the house 3 times in 2 weeks, the weather change has largely missed me.

• 3 weeks later...

It has snowed. This sucks because we still need to pick all the side dishes for Thanksgiving dinner. It isn't horribly bad, but our Jimmy does not have four-wheel drive and is likely to slide around like a bumper car in this shit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Robert C said:

85 degrees yesterday.  It’s snowing now.  Supposed to be 75 in 36 hours.  

Sorry, did I read this right?  How can it be snowing with 85 or 75 degree weather?  I mean, a quick Google search shows it's technically kind of possible but that's just so strange.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Sorry, did I read this right?  How can it be snowing with 85 or 75 degree weather?  I mean, a quick Google search shows it's technically kind of possible but that's just so strange.

Not sure where Robert is, but here in South Carolina the temps are bouncing 20 - 30 degrees every other day. So here it's been in the 70's since Monday, but 2 days before that we barely got out of the 40's. Today a cold front is coming through, bringing some potentially gnarly weather, and it'll be in the 50's again for a few days. 

This is definitely new. I've been in SC since 1990 and while it was never cold cold for winter, it would be consistently in the upper 40's to lower 50's this time of year, not bouncing like a fucking untethered inflatable castle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It got cold briefly in between.  Was about 35 when it snowed, and was 30 when I woke up this morning.  It was 85 Tuesday, 40 Wednesday, maybe 60 today and close to 80 Friday.  the 45 degree drop I could deal with.  The ridiculously fast return to where we were is nuts, though.

1 hour ago, JLSigman said:

Not sure where Robert is, but here in South Carolina the temps are bouncing 20 - 30 degrees every other day. So here it's been in the 70's since Monday, but 2 days before that we barely got out of the 40's. Today a cold front is coming through, bringing some potentially gnarly weather, and it'll be in the 50's again for a few days. 

This is definitely new. I've been in SC since 1990 and while it was never cold cold for winter, it would be consistently in the upper 40's to lower 50's this time of year, not bouncing like a fucking untethered inflatable castle.

I'm a little south of Austin.  We always have weird ass weather, outside of the unrelenting heat from mid-May to mid-October.  I remember a couple January days when it hit nearly 100 back in the late 80s.  Even for us this ain't normal, though.  

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are having a snowmageddon here: in the last 24 hours (well, rather between yesterday noon and today noon CET) we got something like 21 inches of snow. The last time that so much snow fell within a day was in 1952 and the last time we had so much snow in total was in 1981. According to the weather report, tomorrow will be sunny and cold (well below the freezing point) and on Sunday we will get another 12 inches. I spent 4 h today and 2 h yesterday shoveling snow and have a vague idea how I will spend my Sunday. In the higher located towns around here, it started to snow a day earlier (when it was still raining down here) and they got another 20 inches during that day.