DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

On 1/30/2019 at 1:26 PM, RIPPA said:

Here is the story about how in Chicago they are just lighting the train tracks on fire to keep the trains moving

https://jalopnik.com/chicago-is-so-ridiculously-cold-that-the-railroad-track-1832177510

Of course now I want @melraz09 to come in and drop some train knowledge on our asses

Like - has he gotten to drive on train tracks that were on fire?

Dang. Never seen anything like that. We have some propane hooked up that burns something like a pilot light on certain places here, but that stuff is nuts. 

51662376_10157116822814797_4943891284822

This is how people who live in the western part of Washington state react to snow. Every single store is like this. You'd think it was the end times and we were never going to get sun again. And don't get me started on the drivers.....

• Haha 2

I'm so glad I don't have kids right now.

Schools in basically the entire state had either 7 or 8 days cancelled out of the last two weeks because of either extreme cold, heavy snow, or freezing rain. 

After having our normal, relatively mild, winter here in Spokane, we started getting snow a few days ago.  We now have about 16-18" on the ground.  We are forecast to have snow 10 more times in the next 2 weeks.  Yay.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Be sure to spare a thought for Mozambique.   They're about to get crushed by a second powerful cyclone within the last 6 weeks.  

We get hit by hurricanes all the time, but we have actual infrastructure... over there.   Oh man, there's about to be a gigantic humanitarian crisis. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This weather is awesome! It's been too hot and sticky all day and night, and now there's a massive thunderstorm going on. Lightning every five seconds! It's 2 AM!

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

This weather is awesome! It's been too hot and sticky all day and night, and now there's a massive thunderstorm going on. Lightning every five seconds! It's 2 AM!

Summer thunderstorms are really cool unless you live in the high desert like I do. That shit hits the ground here, by that shit I mean the lightning not the rain which is welcome, the lightning, not so much.