DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

It was in the sixties last Friday.  it has gradually gotten colder and snow is in the forecast for tonight.  I have instructed my daughter to wear her PJs turned inside out so that I can get a snow day tomorrow. 

Any snow we get will be gone by Friday.  It's going to be in the fifties in the 804 over the weekend.

2 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

After yesterday hitting 60s today it is snowing and icy. 

We had an over night 40 degree drop Thursday/Friday right after having a sixty degree gain over the previous few days. Everyone is sick.

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

We had an over night 40 degree drop Thursday/Friday right after having a sixty degree gain over the previous few days. Everyone is sick.

Before yesterday it had been staying in the mid 40s during the day and high 20s at night. Then whammo we get a day of fairly warm weather and now 2 1/2 inches of snow.

47 minutes ago, Matt D said:

You know what can’t hamdle a half inch of snow? The DMV. Roads are terrible.

Point of Order - they were fine in NoVa considering I have been in my office since 7 AM

Stupid 12 hour days

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Point of Order - they were fine in NoVa considering I have been in my office since 7 AM

Stupid 12 hour days

They just called school for the kids. I’m still trying to fight my way in. There’s less traffic at least.

Just now, Matt D said:

We were apparently just in the worst spot at the worst time. I imagine it's not too bad now. In this case, getting into work at 7:30 most days is what got me. 

My co-worker wanted to swap shifts with me so I come in at 7:30 instead of 9 on a regular basis.  While I don't mind getting out earlier it's days like this I'm glad I didn't take him up on it.

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

62 right now. 41 tomorrow. 

It's going to get down to five degrees tonight! Mark, you have no idea how much I hate you right now. It is so cold that the cats all cluster at the back door crying to go outside, when the door is opened and they feel how cold it is they start pulling on our legs and meowing as if we can somehow melt the snow and warm things up for them This behavior is repeated every couple of hours. We have plenty of litter-boxes inside, but that's not the point, Jackpot, Seven and Waldo insist on doing their business outside but are conflicted because of the extreme cold. SO we have to be extra vigilant so as not find "surprises" in the middle of the kitchen floor.

9 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

If it rained any more today, my bus would've floated down I-5.  Jebus.

Ah, PNW weather... I recall the last big snowstorm before we moved, I was still working in the Bellevue office which was serviced by Metro 256 and that was it. It was a commuter run that only ran about six or eight times a day. At the first sign of flakes I bailed and caught the first late run of the bus at 3:10, made it downtown with minimal problems, Took me two and a half hours for the twenty minute trip home (People in Seattle have this thing that they do when it snows, they abandon their cars wherever they happen to be and jump on a bus, any bus, doesn't matter where its going,just that it's going. Of course this results in overcrowding and the driver not picking up passengers that actually need to travel on that particular route... Anyway, 'tis a good thing I left when I did as the next bus (the 4:10) ended up stuck on the floating bridge and passengers were not allowed to disembark for safety reasons. That must have been a singularly unpleasant experience. 

Mike: You don't have to deal with any bridges on your commute, do you? I'll never forget going across the floating bridge in rainstorms such as the one you describe, the waters would be so whipped up that waves would splash over the bridge! Rather disconcerting...

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

Mike: You don't have to deal with any bridges on your commute, do you? I'll never forget going across the floating bridge in rainstorms such as the one you describe, the waters would be so whipped up that waves would splash over the bridge! Rather disconcerting...

Nah, I don't have to deal with the 520 - it's a straight shot down I-5 from Everett to Seattle.

• 1 month later...