DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

Thanks. So far it's just raining where I am but we got an alert to stay away from the rivers in case of over-flooding. They were planning on having a big outdoor music festival in Yamaguchi called Wild Bunch Fest from the 17th to the 19th but the last two days were cancelled. Sucks for the local hotels which were all fully booked for the first time since the pandemic started.

They cancelled NJPW show in Oita for tonight and Fukuoka tomorrow.

Stay safe!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JLSigman said:

If you're in Florida, be careful! Ian's not fucking around.

And the current forecast is pretty much worst case scenario.  A direct hit on Downtown Tampa... followed by it sitting there for a day.  

If you're anywhere in central and northern Florida, get everything you need tomorrow.  Most importantly is water and fuel for your vehicle.  

If you are told to evacuate, PLEASE heed the warning and go. 

Things can be replaced.  

You cannot. 

• Like 4

It has now been upgraded to Cat 5 in some places.   This has the makings of being a whole lot worse than Katrina.   I would say leave but if you haven't already you aren't going to.    And unfortunately it is painfully clear this is going to be a political football that both sides are going to love to play with

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hurricane Nicole, a cat 1, is hitting the Daytona Beach area today.

This video should be a reminder.  When, not if, a big one hits Central FL... the results are going to be catastrophic. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hurricane Nicole, a cat 1, is hitting the Daytona Beach area today.

https://twitter.com/WeatherNation/status/1590751148331266049?s=20&t=Bob8m6L77ps8uSF-4WHHhw

This video should be a reminder.  When, not if, a big one hits Central FL... the results are going to be catastrophic. 

We had a tornado warning from this up here in South Carolina at 3:30am. Luckily didn't get to me, but that was the end of my sleeping for the night.

• 4 weeks later...

-1C yesterday. So cold out not helped by having one of the worst pints I've ever had. Glad I called into ASDA as I saw Doris and Claire who I've known all my life and haven't seen them in a few years. Great to come home and find my Batman oversized hoodie had arrived. Very warm.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Sleet and freezing rain overnight. Maybe first school/work delay/closure of the season. 

It is a balmy 26 degrees F this morning.  Thankfully I have the week off and am chillin' putting stuff together to go in my daughter's room in the rental house I just moved into last Saturday.

Edited by J.T.

Here in Spokane, we've already had 3 feet of snow. It's actually been mostly OK though driving into the office (twice a week) for the first time since early 2020 sucks. The city sent out communications telling people to park only on the odd side of the street and that they would use gates on plows to prevent blocking driveways. Then they ignored all that and buried cars on both sides anyway. There's cars on my street on the odd side with four feet of snow pinning them in. Thankfully, not me. 

We turn cold next week with highs in the range of 17F. 

• Sad 1

4 days ago I was visiting a friend in Arizona and it was 70 degrees. I walked around wearing a tshirt and shorts in mid December. I'm back home in Washington now and it is 26 and snowing. I'm considering moving to Arizona.

5 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

4 days ago I was visiting a friend in Arizona and it was 70 degrees. I walked around wearing a tshirt and shorts in mid December. I'm back home in Washington now and it is 26 and snowing. I'm considering moving to Arizona.

The enormous country that you guys have, you can basically find any weather you'd like at any one time, if you are indeed willing to travel great distances. Yeah, in reality, it's no different than traveling from Northern Finland to Gibraltar, for example, but the idea is very appealing.