DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

Yesterday, after a hard day of working as well as working out afterwards, I biked home through this slushy ice and slightly melted snow. Only to find that the bike shed's door had been blocked by melted and re-frosen ice between the time I opened it in the morning and coming back home. All the tools to remove the said ice were inside the shed. Was able to get a steel rod from elsewhere so I could bash enough ice to get in and get the usual tools. Also scooped a few buckets of ice water away from the yard so this wouldn't happen again today.

During this, I was thinking to myself "C'mon! A prelude to World War 3 OR this bullshit weather, pick one freely, but not fucking both on the same day!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FX4C_rKX0AEaNJ6?format=jpg&name=small

UK heatwave. So not used to this weather. Hope my fellow UK peeps like @AxB, @SturmCRF and others who I've temporarily forgot are okay.

Cheers dude. As a pasty, redheaded man, I hate this weather with a passion, but I'm coping alright so far. By the time I'm trying to get to sleep and it's still 30° I'll be fucking furious, though.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

Cheers dude. As a pasty, redheaded man, I hate this weather with a passion, but I'm coping alright so far. By the time I'm trying to get to sleep and it's still 30° I'll be fucking furious, though.

Oh, man. My sister has pale skin and hair colour not for this kind of weather. Trying to sleep in hot weather is a pain in the ass. Best wishes bud.

• Like 1

Hottest day in UK history. Climate Change Deniers insist that theis is nothing to worry about.

For me, when our so-called Green and Pleasant Land is hotter than the Sahara Desert, that's fucking concerning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AxB said:

Hottest day in UK history. Climate Change Deniers insist that theis is nothing to worry about.

For me, when our so-called Green and Pleasant Land is hotter than the Sahara Desert, that's fucking concerning.

All of this, my friend. We're from Yorkshire, God's own county and it's roasting.

Surprisingly fell asleep quite quickly last night, maybe on account of the heat draining all life out of me. Did wake up at two AM though, with sweat pouring out of whatever the elbow equivalent of armpits are. Fun times! Can't wait for the balmy climes of about 25 degrees we've been told are due tomorrow.

• Like 1

Y'all are only approaching some of the weather I got last year - it was 116F in one of the towns here in Washington I drove through on the way back from Oregon - but I can't imagine trying anything close without A/C. No thanks. Godspeed, friends. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2022 at 11:24 PM, The Natural said:

Another heatwave's begun in the UK, today till Sunday. Not as hot but still stuffy. Stay cool @AxB, @SturmCRF and @Sky Blue Sam.

Hope you all didn't suffer too much of a good thing when the heavens opened the other day. I was over visiting family in July and got to experience that 41C day first-hand travelling into London. Although we got up to 48C (or 118 in American) a couple of years ago here in Penrith, I would gladly take that over the humid UK heat coupled with the lack of AC. Feeling for you guys and your sticky nights - surely for not much longer now though.    

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Custos said:

Hope you all didn't suffer too much of a good thing when the heavens opened the other day. I was over visiting family in July and got to experience that 41C day first-hand travelling into London. Although we got up to 48C (or 118 in American) a couple of years ago here in Penrith, I would gladly take that over the humid UK heat coupled with the lack of AC. Feeling for you guys and your sticky nights - surely for not much longer now though.    

Hey, @Custos. Good seeing you here and a trip to your homeland. Yeah, it was so humid and lack of AC was tough going. Thanks for the well wishes. Best to you and your family, Paul xxx.

• 4 weeks later...

Typhoon Nanmadol, featuring winds of 180 km/h and gusts over 250 is expected to tear through our area some time between tonight and the day after tomorrow, dumping 40+cm of rain on its way through. 

Best of luck to lostinube and all our fellow gaijin, wrestling nerds and otherwise, and native Japanese and anyone else in the path of this monster. It looks like it's gonna be a bad one!

• Like 2