DVDVR Message Board

This Weather Sucks

Dolfan in NYC

Guess the whole south was in the same boat.  We had 85 and humid as hell Saturday afternoon.  Sweated clean through a pair of leather gloves working in the yard.  Then Saturday night we got a freeze hard enough to kill some plants we left out.

2 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

We hit 81 yesterday, today some areas got snow, others got snow flurries. Fucking central TX ? 

1st half of the week was nearly Summer like afternoons 

Might be the first time I've dripped my pipes on a day that started in the 80s.  And now my deck is covered in ice.

Of course my son thinks he's gonna wake up to last February's snow tomorrow.  Trying to explain to him that his grandparents were kids the previous time we saw that much snow.

Snow was on the forecast for yesterday morning, so schools went on a two hour delay.  Then the forecast changed to snow hitting us at 10-11am, so right when kids should be getting in -- because of the delay!  So they cancelled school altogether. 

Then all we got was rain. 

Over the weekend, Finland's South and West coast were supposed to be hit by a vicious snowstorm and rough winds. Warnings were issued. At least over here on the West coast, things ended up being not that bad. Yes, we spent an hour plowing snow off the yard on both days, but nowhere near as bad as after Christmas. This morning, the roads were ok. Bike lanes not great, but I've already had worse this year, so whatever.

Haven't read the news about the South coast yet so I can't tell you if they had it rougher than we did? Seems like we may have dodged this particular bullet.

Illinois decided to wait all the way until February to finally dump on us and it's gonna last through Thursday. Unfortunately I'm gonna miss out on those days at work, but what you gonna do. I just got a couple new guitar pedals in the mail and have an absurd amount of things I need to watch, so... SNOW DAY(S)~!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Folks have discovered the Big Jet guy today (I assume the UK folks already know what I am talking about)

Basically it is watching planes land at Heathrow in this wind and it possibly the most terrifying thing you will ever watch

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Folks have discovered the Big Jet guy today (I assume the UK folks already know what I am talking about)

Basically it is watching planes land at Heathrow in this wind and it possibly the most terrifying thing you will ever watch

Linked, for her pleasure.