DVDVR Message Board

South Park: The Stick Of Truth

Heading that way soon. Glad to see that 9/10. I honestly can't recall that I've ever bought a game at a GameStop - any particular reason why I shouldn't, in this case? Does the owner kick puppies or anything? It's the closest place to me and it's gonna be $60 everywhere.

This game is incredible. Sometimes there feels like it's a bit heavy on the fan service, but the gameplay, comedy, and depth are wonderful.

Hobos drinking liquid courage as a potion that enables them to take more damage is fucking great.

So it seems that this is a single player RPG and not an online one, yes? I let my Gold account run out a month ago since I don't play games online enough to warrant paying for the service, but I'm interested in picking this up if it's primarily a single player game.

So it seems that this is a single player RPG and not an online one, yes? I let my Gold account run out a month ago since I don't play games online enough to warrant paying for the service, but I'm interested in picking this up if it's primarily a single player game.

There's no multiplayer at all.

There's no multiplayer at all.

Well that's good news. Thank you.

I'm not far in at all, and I'm scared the combat system is gonna be complex,with the opponents doing defenses that work against some attacks but not others. It's also hard to manage the "attack wheel." But it's been a blast so far. 

I love how the first piece of orchestral music in the game is basically a complete pinch of this (minus vocals). Very fitting:

I beat it today... certainly a fun game.  My main concern with it is that I think its a "one and done" as I think since it is linear I doesn't have much immediate replay value and is definitely one of those for me that is safe to play and sell while it still holds its used value (or in my case give it to my brother to play next).  I got through it in about 15 hours (I didn't time it) with only two side missions not done, neither of which I have any desire to do.  It is very NSFW, so if you have kids around I wouldn't play it around them, it is actually less appropriate than the South Park movie if that was even possible, kinda surprised it got through the ESRB without any issues.