DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-3-14 - Raw in Chicago

MGFanJay

Maybe it's because Bryan isn't the best promo wrestler in the world or that this storyline hasn't really progressed much, but it feels like they've done the "You're not good enough and just a B+ player vs. You hide behind wife and don't listen to the fans" segment way too many times with Triple-H/Steph Vs. Bryan now.  It's all blurring together.  Blurred lines. I know you want it.

I think what really struck me tonight is how easily you could take most of the promo out of context and spin The Authority as reasonable faces and Bryan as a whiny heel

Finally someone with the insight to see the show from Mitt Romney's perspective.

• Like 4

I think what really struck me tonight is how easily you could take most of the promo out of context and spin The Authority as reasonable faces and Bryan as a whiny heel

Finally someone with the insight to see the show from Mitt Romney's perspective.

Does that make Steph the intolerable bitch strapped to the top of a production truck?

There's a Steph/dog/production truck joke to be made here, but it eludes me at this hour.

They do make Miz ride in a pet carrier on top of Truck 21.

Daniel Bryan needs to consult Terry Funk on ways to verbally goad Triple H into a match

That'd actually be pretty fun. None of Bryan's attacks on HHH's manhood faze him, but saying that WWE has sucked since he took over pushes him over the edge.

"Your wife is a streetwalker"

"Your mother is a streetwalker"

"I watched your matches on the WWE Network and they sucked"

*Triple H angrily accepts challenge*

Yeah the inherant problem with a Triple H feud is that no one actually gets to cut the kind of demeaning promos on him that he cuts on others. 

The constant and on going "You're hiding behind your wife"  promos from Bryan, Show, and Punk have been/are "demeaning".

I sort of want HHH to shrilly complain that talking about him wearing a dress is blatant homophobia and for Daniel Bryan to double down by making snide remarks about HHH and HBK doing stuff together.

Then he slaps Stephanie in the Yes Lock to finally goad HHH into a fight.

There's a Steph/dog/production truck joke to be made here, but it eludes me at this hour.

They do make Miz ride in a pet carrier on top of Truck 21.

I'm still trying to figure out how Triple H having a point with his shooty comment about midcarders who bitch about being held down and Bryan going to the "but the fans are chanting for me" well a few too many times makes me a Republican somehow...

I think Christian actually stole the Miz corner kick spot tonight.

To try and be positive, I will say aside from the regularly good stuff the Real Americans breakup and Aaron Paul stuff went amazingly. For the first time in forever Swagger seems to be showing some personality and Paul should be given the next Kevin Federline position in a celebrity match. Against Ziggler.

EDIT: ^^^ or that spot is way too similar

I just want to know what happened to the Triple H making Taka look like a God in 2000. Was Triple H high or drunk that day?

Um, this would be the Triple H who took finishers from all of Kaientai AND the APA before giving Taka a 2.5 count and going on to win the match anyway?

Daniel Bryan needs to consult Terry Funk on ways to verbally goad Triple H into a match

That'd actually be pretty fun. None of Bryan's attacks on HHH's manhood faze him, but saying that WWE has sucked since he took over pushes him over the edge.

"Your wife is a streetwalker"

"Your mother is a streetwalker"

"I watched your matches on the WWE Network and they sucked"

*Triple H angrily accepts challenge*

Yeah the inherant problem with a Triple H feud is that no one actually gets to cut the kind of demeaning promos on him that he cuts on others. 

The constant and on going "You're hiding behind your wife"  promos from Bryan, Show, and Punk have been/are "demeaning".

I sort of want HHH to shrilly complain that talking about him wearing a dress is blatant homophobia and for Daniel Bryan to double down by making snide remarks about HHH and HBK doing stuff together.

Then he slaps Stephanie in the Yes Lock to finally goad HHH into a fight.

then next week on RAW, Daniel Bryan undergoes sensitivity training

OK, I don't want to seem like a delusional fanboy, but.....

If I were the WWE and I wanted Punk to have a surprise return, the last place I'd do it is in Chicago

What would be the opposite of Chicago in this surprise scenario? would it involve a WWE RAW held in a drug house?

It's almost as if the people bitching about the end of this show have never seen wrestling before.  Bryan is going over Hunter no doubt and probably ending Mania with the title.

I really hope that if I'm wrong nobody makes this into their sig.

• Like 2

One thing being slept on: Bryan/Batista wasn't a particularly good match. Not a BAD one per se, but I'm not sure I can remember a worse one Bryan has been in over the last year.

Batista is probably the worst worker in the company at this point.

• Like 1

It's almost as if the people bitching about the end of this show have never seen wrestling before.  Bryan is going over Hunter no doubt and probably ending Mania with the title.

I really hope that if I'm wrong nobody makes this into their sig.

About that...

• Like 7

I'm more angry at WWE for the constant disrespect they show Mark Henry. Why they got to always feed him to Brock? That's not cool. Also, Where was Bad News Barrett? Barrett in Heyman's place would have been even more epic.

Good show otherwise. Loved the rematch of the 2013 match of the year even though it was short.

• Like 2

OK, I don't want to seem like a delusional fanboy, but.....

If I were the WWE and I wanted Punk to have a surprise return, the last place I'd do it is in Chicago

What would be the opposite of Chicago in this surprise scenario? would it involve a WWE RAW held in a drug house?

Bringing him back in Houston and putting him over Booker T?