DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-3-14 - Raw in Chicago

MGFanJay

Daniel Bryan needs to consult Terry Funk on ways to verbally goad Triple H into a match

That'd actually be pretty fun. None of Bryan's attacks on HHH's manhood faze him, but saying that WWE has sucked since he took over pushes him over the edge.

Ha!  He should be like "Maybe we need to get the old man back here to do the job right?"

Monday March 3rd @ChicagoRAWcrowd 4m

Everyone feels that we failed. And you might be right. But This is just another example of a mediocre product.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. I really have to give the E credit for writing into their plot the whole "hijacking" idea. I laughed once Cena embraced it cause that's pretty much when you knew they took it's legs out (not that it had any.)

Entertaining Raw. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with both The Shield and The Real Americans.

If Gregg wants to call the Wyatts/Shield match the greatest in the history of everything, I'll co-sign that.  I literally just stopped watching RAW, rewound it and watched the whole thing again.  Absolutely loved every second of it.  Berzerk Rollins ruled it.

It's the second best match of the year and the second best free TV match. And we had Cesaro/Cena and Cesaro/Sami and about 500 other things I'm thinking of.

It was just incredible wrestling storytelling from start-to-finish. The Shield wants revenge but their togetherness has waned. But in order to make The Shield finally implode takes a ridiculously chaotic match and a cult leader mastermind to figure out the code. Ambrose is too hotheaded to control. Reigns has too big of an ego. And Rollins -- the one true teammate -- gets beaten up in a wrestling match and can't tag out because of their personal issues. He wanted them to work it out without him... and his plan failed. And now he's helped tear the group that made him a star even further.

I liked the PPV match better because the layout of the match was just absolutely fantastic, with three acts and each one having a terrific payoff. But this was as great a TV match as we'll ever see -- crazy action, amazing execution and all done to transition from one epic story (Wyatts fight The Shield for supremacy) to another (The Shield breaks up.)

A+

Yeah.  Everyone was concentrating on Ambrose and Reigns, and suddenly Rollins is the really tragic character. 

And it's so great they added that depth to him.

I actually think he might walk out of this as the biggest star of the lot. All three of those dudes are great. Roman has the look and charisma. Dean's an awesome loose cannon and has "next Roddy Piper" as a ceiling. But Seth? Man, the dude's so great in the ring and can play fired up face and prick heel. He could be the Jeff Hardy we always wanted but never actually got, especially since girls love that dude.

He can be the Jeff Hardy we always wanted but not the one we deserve.

BUT WHY IS KANE IN A SUIT? WHY ISN'T HE "GLEN??" Doesn't anyone notice this?? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

What, do you want the Director of Operations to wear a tutu?
I want character consistency. Director of Operators KANE is just too weird. Is X-Pac his Chief of Staff?

Ok dude, we get it.

• Like 1

Best Raw I've seen since I started watching it again regularly in 2011 or so.  The opening promo was some of Heyman's finest work and the rest of the show was more solid in-ring wise than most of their PPVs.  I had thought about Rollins ditching Ambrose and Reigns after deciding he was sick of being the peacekeeper of the group but I guess we still have a few weeks to go to see what this leads to match-wise.

I think WWE wished they would hijack the show. They were trying to create that environment and it never happened. 

Pretty much.  I was actually surprised at how far between the Punk chants were.  Most of the stuff that was being shit on would have been shit on anyways, just in a different way.

I think WWE wished they would hijack the show. They were trying to create that environment and it never happened. 

Well in this thread alone the whole "hijack" thing has already been ridiculously overstated. The fans gave respect to what deserved it. They really only shitted on Sheamus-Christian cause it's an afterthought feud and the match dragged.

I actually HATED what they did with The Shield tonight. The match itself was amazing, but they really took a step back with the whole Shield breakup.

First of all, Reigns looks like a fucking goof for following Ambrose around like a guy trying to get his loose puppy back on the leash. The bit where he left the apron to pull Ambrose away from fighting Wyatt was really stupid.

Rollins looks like an idiot because no matter what in fighting Reigns/Ambrose have had, the three always had each other's backs no matter what. Ambrose was there last week when they needed him. So for Rollins to turn his back on them, walk out and let them get ganged up on makes no fucking sense.

After tonight, the only thing I can surmise is they're giving the rocket baby face push to.. Dean Ambrose? He looked like a man possessed with destroying the Wyatt's tonight at all costs. Hard to point the blame for any dissension at him.

BUT WHY IS KANE IN A SUIT? WHY ISN'T HE "GLEN??" Doesn't anyone notice this?? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

I want character consistency. Director of Operators KANE is just too weird. Is X-Pac his Chief of Staff?

No. His Chief of Staff is that guy Mike from 24 who was every President's Chief of Staff.

I had a total Elimination Chamber match reaction to that ending. Actually went outside and had a smoke and thought "fuck these people". I guess I invest too much time in this shit. Their window of opportunity is gone.

At the same time I can't resist watching the Shield, Wyatts and Cesaro. They get to have their cake and eat it too in that regard. Fuck you McMahons,

• Like 1

Unless we've been calling the COO Paul Levesque all this time, I'm not sure where you're seeing a lack of consistency?

EDIT: ^ Point. Was referring to the consistency of "being in 'civilian' clothes, using 'civalian' name."

To be fair, he did justify it pretty well, in essence saying "I like to torment people. Now I get to torment people as their boss."
They've abandoned the whole "he's a monster!" shtick, which is fine (Unlike Takers new look... Wow is it stupid), but don't half ass it with Kane, go the fully monty and have people address him as Mr. Jacobs.

Daniel Bryan needs to consult Terry Funk on ways to verbally goad Triple H into a match

That'd actually be pretty fun. None of Bryan's attacks on HHH's manhood faze him, but saying that WWE has sucked since he took over pushes him over the edge.

"Your wife is a streetwalker"

"Your mother is a streetwalker"

"I watched your matches on the WWE Network and they sucked"

*Triple H angrily accepts challenge*

• Like 7

To be fair, he did justify it pretty well, in essence saying "I like to torment people. Now I get to torment people as their boss."

They've abandoned the whole "he's a monster!" shtick, which is fine (Unlike Takers new look... Wow is it stupid), but don't half ass it with Kane, go the fully monty and have people address him as Mr. Jacobs.

But then they'd have to break kayfa- oh nevermind.

• Like 1

Tori is his secretary

I miss when Mark Henry was the World's Strongest Bad Ass. Now he's just some guy. What have we done wrong?

The Worf Effect

WCW did the same thing with Meng for a time

• Like 1