DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-3-14 - Raw in Chicago

MGFanJay

I hope someone gets a gif of the Lesnar Superfan's relation when Brock was whaling on Henry. It was tremendous.

And I for one am glad they're sticking by their guns and going with Orton-Batista at Mania. The crowd reactions are going to be Goldberg-Lesnar levels of epic.

I love the fact that you are literally not safe paying for a ticket and sitting in the front row at a wrestling show when Brock Lesnar is in the building.

Aside from tonight, remember when he tossed a chair in the air and it almost landed in the front row a few weeks ago?

The guy gives no fucks.

If Gregg wants to call the Wyatts/Shield match the greatest in the history of everything, I'll co-sign that.  I literally just stopped watching RAW, rewound it and watched the whole thing again.  Absolutely loved every second of it.  Berzerk Rollins ruled it.

It's the second best match of the year and the best free TV match. And we had Cesaro/Cena and Cesaro/Sami and about 500 other things I'm thinking of.

It was just incredible wrestling storytelling from start-to-finish. The Shield wants revenge but their togetherness has waned. But in order to make The Shield finally implode takes a ridiculously chaotic match and a cult leader mastermind to figure out the code. Ambrose is too hotheaded to control. Reigns has too big of an ego. And Rollins -- the one true teammate -- gets beaten up in a wrestling match and can't tag out because of their personal issues. He wanted them to work it out without him... and his plan failed. And now he's helped tear the group that made him a star even further.

I liked the PPV match better because the layout of the match was just absolutely fantastic, with three acts and each one having a terrific payoff. But this was as great a TV match as we'll ever see -- crazy action, amazing execution and all done to transition from one epic story (Wyatts fight The Shield for supremacy) to another (The Shield breaks up.)

A+

• Like 3

I can only hope that Dolph's roots indicate that he's going to stop bleaching his hair soon.

You clearly don't remember that month where he stopped and looked like "YOU" in the WrestleMania Challenge NES game.

Sure don't.  When was this?

I mean, the funny thing is that the company is getting shit on for things it never promoted. The Rumble thing, and then tonight (though they all clearly played it up). I mean, did you see Bryan's shit-eating grin when they were chanting for Punk? If the fans want to be bigger than the show, they're gonna need a thicker skin.  Though, the fact that the company is acknowleding he's alive makes me think he's back the night after 'Mania.

Actually, Chicago aside, bringing Punk back now is kind of stupid as you have to reset the Hunter match, or shoehorn him into the main event, which basically rewards him for losing his smile and going home.

BUT WHY IS KANE IN A SUIT? WHY ISN'T HE "GLEN??" Doesn't anyone notice this?? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

What, do you want the Director of Operations to wear a tutu?

I want character consistency. Director of Operators KANE is just too weird. Is X-Pac his Chief of Staff?

If Gregg wants to call the Wyatts/Shield match the greatest in the history of everything, I'll co-sign that.  I literally just stopped watching RAW, rewound it and watched the whole thing again.  Absolutely loved every second of it.  Berzerk Rollins ruled it.

It's the second best match of the year and the second best free TV match. And we had Cesaro/Cena and Cesaro/Sami and about 500 other things I'm thinking of.

It was just incredible wrestling storytelling from start-to-finish. The Shield wants revenge but their togetherness has waned. But in order to make The Shield finally implode takes a ridiculously chaotic match and a cult leader mastermind to figure out the code. Ambrose is too hotheaded to control. Reigns has too big of an ego. And Rollins -- the one true teammate -- gets beaten up in a wrestling match and can't tag out because of their personal issues. He wanted them to work it out without him... and his plan failed. And now he's helped tear the group that made him a star even further.

I liked the PPV match better because the layout of the match was just absolutely fantastic, with three acts and each one having a terrific payoff. But this was as great a TV match as we'll ever see -- crazy action, amazing execution and all done to transition from one epic story (Wyatts fight The Shield for supremacy) to another (The Shield breaks up.)

A+

Yeah.  Everyone was concentrating on Ambrose and Reigns, and suddenly Rollins is the really tragic character. 

It's going to be really sad when those fans realize on the drive home that Punk could have saved them the disappointment and said, "Hey I'm not really going to be there." at any time. 

It's like the fans thought Punk actually cares about them or something. Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.

I like to think everyone realized what an immature jackass Punk was when he said he literally stayed up at night freaking out about Miz main eventing WrestleMania.

I can watch this forever.

tumblr_n1w9kuZlx81rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

I have now decided I will never love anything in life as much as I love this.

Just watch Kane over and over again.  Sad, mopey teenager who disappointed dad, followed by "OHHHHH!! WHA?????   OH SHIT Amma screwed!!!"

• Like 1

I can only hope that Dolph's roots indicate that he's going to stop bleaching his hair soon.

You clearly don't remember that month where he stopped and looked like "YOU" in the WrestleMania Challenge NES game.

dolph-new-look1.jpg

April 2011.

BUT WHY IS KANE IN A SUIT? WHY ISN'T HE "GLEN??" Doesn't anyone notice this?? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

What, do you want the Director of Operations to wear a tutu?

I want character consistency. Director of Operators KANE is just too weird. Is X-Pac his Chief of Staff?

To be fair, he did justify it pretty well, in essence saying "I like to torment people. Now I get to torment people as their boss."

His dropkick is really lightyears better though.

As for Rollins, I loved Bray taunting of him from within the ring, post-match. They didn't focus on it much but it was great and so in character.

• Like 1

It's the second best match of the year and the second best free TV match. And we had Cesaro/Cena and Cesaro/Sami and about 500 other things I'm thinking of.

A+

Yeah.  Everyone was concentrating on Ambrose and Reigns, and suddenly Rollins is the really tragic character. 

And it's so great they added that depth to him.

I actually think he might walk out of this as the biggest star of the lot. All three of those dudes are great. Roman has the look and charisma. Dean's an awesome loose cannon and has "next Roddy Piper" as a ceiling. But Seth? Man, the dude's so great in the ring and can play fired up face and prick heel. He could be the Jeff Hardy we always wanted but never actually got, especially since girls love that dude.

dolph-new-look1.jpg

April 2011.

Wow.  Nobody told him they already had a Cody Rhodes?