DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-3-14 - Raw in Chicago

MGFanJay

The main problem with Sheamus/Christian is that Sheamus already beat Christian cleanly and decisively a few weeks ago. He proved that he's the better man. By all rights, this feud should be over.

But Christian attacked him after that match, so that means Sheamus needs revenge. Plus, Christian eliminated him at Elimination Chamber. There was reasons for them to keep fighting.

The Elimination Chamber issue was settled when Sheamus beat Christian the very next night. And who cares if Christian attacked Sheamus backstage? It just means he's a sore loser. Seriously, "wrestler attacks his opponent backstage after losing clean" is pretty much the shittiest basis for a feud in wrestling history. Whoever came up with it needs to be tossed in the sarlacc pit.

If I was trying to influence the crowd and legitimately hijack the show, my goal would be to make the show virtually unwatchable.  I'd try to ruin the best parts of the show, not try to make my voice heard on the worst parts.  I'd have made a list of some really vile and obscene stuff to chant at half the roster with the intention of making people uncomfortable and ashamed of watching. 

No need they are accomplishing that already. They are adults that idolize other adults and want to hijack a kids show. What is odd is people treating this like it is normal adult behavior. People doing it would be the first ones to mock someone that shows up at icecapades chanting for Brian Boitano.

How can a show whose viewers have a median age of 38 be considered a kids show?

If I was trying to influence the crowd and legitimately hijack the show, my goal would be to make the show virtually unwatchable.  I'd try to ruin the best parts of the show, not try to make my voice heard on the worst parts.  I'd have made a list of some really vile and obscene stuff to chant at half the roster with the intention of making people uncomfortable and ashamed of watching. 

No need they are accomplishing that already. They are adults that idolize other adults and want to hijack a kids show. What is odd is people treating this like it is normal adult behavior. People doing it would be the first ones to mock someone that shows up at icecapades chanting for Brian Boitano.

By all the kids in the crowd, the toys in every major store, that it's not Downton Abbey but fucking wrestling. It's a kid's show that a lot of people hang onto after falling in love with it as kids. Because it's awesome.

I love Pixar and Disney cartoons as an adult, but they're aimed at kids.

WWE isn't aimed at children or at adults, it is aimed at an all-ages audience with some of the show being enjoyed more by the kiddies and some of the show being enjoyed more by the adults who bring the kiddies.

Also, the Star Wars series has Ewoks.

I am a growed-ass man who writes with serious critical scrutiny about the three apocalyptic evangelical cannibals who are about to wage an epic battle against a 35-year-old friendly Vanilla Ice guy.

A child could not fathom waters this deep.

• Like 1

If I was trying to influence the crowd and legitimately hijack the show, my goal would be to make the show virtually unwatchable. I'd try to ruin the best parts of the show, not try to make my voice heard on the worst parts. I'd have made a list of some really vile and obscene stuff to chant at half the roster with the intention of making people uncomfortable and ashamed of watching.

By all the kids in the crowd, the toys in every major store, that it's not Downton Abbey but fucking wrestling. It's a kid's show that a lot of people hang onto after falling in love with it as kids. Because it's awesome.

I love Pixar and Disney cartoons as an adult, but they're aimed at kids.

Pfft. The WWE needs to see how the Pixar does the writing process. They great family movies that aren't obviously made to fulfill someone's ego.

And Christian's 'thanks for everything, pal!' pushes the last few years have been annoying.

Pfft. The WWE needs to see how the Pixar does the writing process. They great family movies that aren't obviously made to fulfill someone's ego.

And Christian's 'thanks for everything, pal!' pushes the last few years have been annoying.

There's so many great voice-over actors who can't get over because Patrick Warburton is protecting his spot.

• Like 2

If he starts using an ELEVATOR MUZAK version of the Kane theme, I will find it impossible to hate the character.

I just suggested it to him on Twitter; hopefully someone will like the idea.

I've contemplated before why their post-10PM content can't be more adult oriented. This was at the height of "poopy" Cena. It seems of late they are doing a great job of producing content that adults can enjoy without going full on TV-14 so now I see no reason to change it.

I think you guys are underselling how cool it is that Kane is the exact same guy but in a suit.  Like, he still makes the ring shoot fire and stuff, he's still linked with Satan or whatever.  It's like in a comic book where the bad guys win for a while and their sick and most twisted underlings become politicians or administrators or doctors.  Like when the Joker was a UN Ambassador or Norman Osbourne ran HAMMER.

• Like 1

Once Seth Rollins goes babyface he should get Riley's music.

I think the pre-show and post-show roundtables don't make things feel more real necessarily but they do make things feel more important which is always a good thing. We'll see if that sticks in two months' time.

This made me look up Riley's music, and watching this titantron HOW DID HE NOT GET OVER

He got over, stayed over, just couldn't get another push after the Miz feud =(

He didn't shake Cena's hand backstage or something. 

I thought the hot rumor at the time was that Cena was giving him shit backstage and Riley snapped on him (or Cena was bullying him and Riley refused to take it depending on whose perspective we're talking about).

He didn't shake Cena's hand backstage or something.

I thought the hot rumor at the time was that Cena was giving him shit backstage and Riley snapped on him (or Cena was bullying him and Riley refused to take it depending on whose perspective we're talking about).

Hope that's not particularly true. Seeing as how the whole art of "getting over wif tha boyz in teh back" is to stand your ground when someone is giving you shit. Hennig calls you out, who gives a shit if he's drunk, or you're on a muthafuckin' plane, you call him on his shit.

Goldberg calls you out, claiming you never drew a dime, who gives a shit if he's all upper body gains w/ chicken calves, or has worse tics than Tourette's, you front-face lock a bitch.

Cena calls you out, who gives a shit if he's banging a Bella or made of precious brittle porcelain, you call him on his ... oh noes, mah push!

• Like 1