DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-3-14 - Raw in Chicago

MGFanJay

How many posts have you started with some variation of "I see what FSW is getting at?"  

FSW, bro.. He is making you look bad.  You need to cut ties with this imposter.

He's not right about everything but he's pretty spot on about some of these live audience reactions so if I agree with him then I agree with him. You are just following me around at this point and I get that you are... I guess from Chicago or the Chicago era based on all of your sports teams being from Chicago... so it's not difficult to see what's going on here.

If you have something to add to one of these discussions, please do.

Did half the board turn into Phantom Lord socko accounts overnight?  Chanting stupid shit during good wrestling matches is a shitty thing to do.  I hated it during Christian/Sheamus, I hated when people chanted "boring" during any match lasting more than 2 minutes in the attitude era, and I'll even admit I hated it during Cena/Orton at the Rumble (though I understood that a bit more).

BUT OH NOES WE SAW THEM WRESTLE LAST WEEK!  WE PWECIOUS WITTLE CHICAGO SNOWFWAKES NEED FWESH MATCHES!

• Like 3

If you have something to add to one of these discussions, please do.

This is all I got:

STOP SAYING "THEY" AS IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE OTHERS OR SOME SHIT! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.  THEY didn't do anything. You can't know what THEY stand for because it's just a bunch of wrestling fans who like different shit.  It's not some sort of collective voice chanting for the same reason.  

Every fucking time I click on a thread you are repeating that same fucking talking point.  It's not like I'm following you around.  YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING THE SAME THING IN EVERY THREAD FOR WEEKS. "It's hypocritical of them to..."  How is it hypocritical of one crowd to like one thing and another crowd to hate it? It's not like NXT where they are running shows in front of the same fans every week.  You are lumping thousands of people from different parts of the country into one collective voice.  It's absurd when you say it once or twice, it's a whole different thing when you can't stop saying it.

"Everything they stand for.."  What does that even mean?  It's a bunch of people giving their honest reaction to the show they are watching in real time.  That's pretty much it.  You are arguing against ghosts, man.

It's not the people in the crowds job to play along.  It's the job of the people performing for the crowd to get them to play along.

• Like 1

It's been about a week and it is two threads. The monthly general discussion thread where I haven't discussed chants/hijacking, etc. in a couple of days and this thread where my first post was actually about how much I enjoyed the show.

Jraq... you are not even stating an opinion in these posts. You are typing in all caps and complaining about me. If I've angered you so much, why don't you type out your own opinion.. or you can just put me on ignore if you feel so strongly about it. It makes no difference to me.

Can you stop adding lines to your post every few minutes? Who cares if I lumped in this Chicago crowd with past Chicago crowds? It's like when a sports writer says "Philly fans are assholes, they booed Santa Claus"

Really? I think that was maybe 20 years ago..  Maybe more. It's probably not the same people. At least when I do it there's a possibility that some of the people in the crowd are the same people who were at Extreme Rules 2012 or MITB 2011, etc.

It's not that serious. Move on.

Jraq, it's been a huge topic of conversation especially in the last week but even before that..  This board, other sites, podcasts, there is a ton of "hijacking" discussion going on. Really, it probably started the RAW after Bryan lost in 18 seconds. It's not like I created it.

Did half the board turn into Phantom Lord socko accounts overnight? Chanting stupid shit during good wrestling matches is a shitty thing to do. I hated it during Christian/Sheamus, I hated when people chanted "boring" during any match lasting more than 2 minutes in the attitude era, and I'll even admit I hated it during Cena/Orton at the Rumble (though I understood that a bit more).

BUT OH NOES WE SAW THEM WRESTLE LAST WEEK! WE PWECIOUS WITTLE CHICAGO SNOWFWAKES NEED FWESH MATCHES!

I think what is in debate here is whether Christian-Sheamus from Monday would be classified as a "good wrestling match."

Did half the board turn into Phantom Lord socko accounts overnight? Chanting stupid shit during good wrestling matches is a shitty thing to do. I hated it during Christian/Sheamus, I hated when people chanted "boring" during any match lasting more than 2 minutes in the attitude era, and I'll even admit I hated it during Cena/Orton at the Rumble (though I understood that a bit more).

BUT OH NOES WE SAW THEM WRESTLE LAST WEEK! WE PWECIOUS WITTLE CHICAGO SNOWFWAKES NEED FWESH MATCHES!

I think what is in debate here is whether Christian-Sheamus from Monday would be classified as a "good wrestling match."

It wasn't. Moving on...

Chanting "end this match" is a hell of a lot worse than singing a song.

Nobody thinks they should have loved it (though they should have enjoyed it.), but they could have shut up and shown some respect. In any match, wrestlers are one bump away from being crippled. So show some basic respect and don't shit on hard work. 

• Like 2

It wasn't. Moving on...

Lol.  Someone's feeling feisty.  

It was a perfectly good match.  If that match doesn't fall somewhere in the good category your standards for wrestling must be ridiculously high.

Those are ironic likes. I sometimes give money to bums, it doesn't mean I want to go out for beers with the motherfucker.

Damn it, Craig.  I just went through something pretty profound over in the Ziggler poll.  And I think you might learn something from my experience.

There was once a great American named George Henderson. He met a woodland ape, or sasquatch, and despite its dangerous message of populism in film and towing the company line in wrestling, became his friend. When the time came to do the hard thing and send it back into Detroit where it belonged and new Schwarzenegger movies could perch on its shoulders because it had low standards, George Henderson summoned the strength and by god, he did it.

Did it hurt? You bet it hurt.

Like a bastard.

But he did it because it was the right thing to do...for the woodland ape.

You think about that.

And in the future you give all your ironic likes to me.

• Like 2

It wasn't. Moving on...

Lol.  Someone's feeling feisty.  

It was a perfectly good match.  If that match doesn't fall somewhere in the good category your standards for wrestling must be ridiculously high.

It was a perfectly acceptable match that was also meaningless.  There's a reason why I have never seen a match from Main Event.  (Of course, I watch Impact....)

*gasp* *pant* I ran *gasp* all the way *choke* here from the *cough* stables, give me *pant* a second. *wheeze*

*takes a puff from inhaler*

While you fellows talk yourselves ho-- *passes out*

• Like 3

I thought Sheamus/Christian was pretty good but probably about five minutes too long. I really dislike the whole One More Match deal Christian has going on right now but he knows how to work. I thought it was perfectly acceptable wrestling.