DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-3-14 - Raw in Chicago

MGFanJay

Wasn't Sheamus in a match with Orton that got buried by the crowd pretty hard last time there was a show "hijacking"? Might've been the night after Wrestlemania?

Whatever his merits as a worker, I just don't think people are interested in face Sheamus wrestling long-ish matches with rote storylines.

Pretty much this. I like Christian and I think Sheamus is decent, although sometimes his babyface character annoys me. I really just have no desire to see the two engage in long-ish matches. I don't even know why they're feuding.

Wasn't Sheamus in a match with Orton that got buried by the crowd pretty hard last time there was a show "hijacking"? Might've been the night after Wrestlemania?

Whatever his merits as a worker, I just don't think people are interested in face Sheamus wrestling long-ish matches with rote storylines.

Pretty much this. I like Christian and I think Sheamus is decent, although sometimes his babyface character annoys me. I really just have no desire to see the two engage in long-ish matches. I don't even know why they're feuding.

Would you rather see them as tag team partners who don't get along challenging the Usos at Wrestlemania?

I really feel like this needs to be spelled out for Punk fans...

CM Punk is a selfish, holier-than-thou, giant asshole. Seriously. He always has been, probably always will be. Ask 95% of the people who actually know him. He happens to be pretty damn good (sometimes even great) at his craft, but he is still a selfish, holier than thou, giant asshole. Not taking away anything he does from an entertainment perspective - I've enjoyed many Punk matches and moments over the years. 

LOL.  This nonsense is getting out of hand.   The crowd was great all night.

But it's important to differentiate between the real man and the guy you see on TV. \

1. What does that even mean?  So like, I shouldn't want to see Punk on TV because he is a dick in real life or something?

2, Why is that important?  If Batista gave all his money to charity should I care more about his match with Orton? Boo less?

Some of you all are just way too invested. 

1. No, that is actually the exact opposite of what I meant. You can enjoy Punk as a TV performer, as I do, but you also have to understand that he is a dick. And because he is a dick, he will make choices that will effect your ability to see him do what you want to see him doing. His choices, nobody elses.

2. Don't know what Batista and charity has to do with anything. My point was, don't get mad at the promotion because a guy is a douchebag in real life. The WWE is delivering a lot of really awesome stuff right now, so the idiots who are still obsessed with Punk need to move on.

Why does one need to understand he's a dick? Who here is vehemently upset or mad that Punk is not there? What the fuck are you rambling on about?

• Like 1

Ok...once again, late to the party. Here we go.

Punk didn't show and HIJACKERZ WAZ CRZY YO!

Heyman...that bald, beautiful, bastard. Walked into the lions den and came out the other side with BARRACK LESNAR!!! Mark Henry has become Thunderfoot #2 to Brock's Manny Fernandez. Who did Big Mark piss off?

JBL, Cole, Lawler, from a broadcaster to a group of broadcasters...stop. Please, just fucking stop. I've heard shitty college radio shows with less cross talk and inside jokes. Relate to your audience or shut the fuck up. That's the golden rule.

The Uso's beat up a couple of old guys and FINALLY got the straps. I hope to see them involved in an interesting feud soon.

Claudio remains saddled with Yosemite Sam and the human equivalent of Grumpy Cat but for how long....HOW LONG?!?!?

The Shield vs. the Wyatt family touched me in places I dare not speak of. Goddamn that was fun. THAT was a pure blast of pro-wrestling. Seth Rollins made me, an atheist, believe that Jesus is real and can fucking fly. Also, Ambrose EN FUEGO is a blast to watch.

Christian and Sheamus had another great match that an indignant crowd shit on.

I hate hearing Triple Hunter the Cerebral King of the Game and his manwife talk. Legit, I just hate them and turn the channel when they appear on my screen. I would have preferred Punk show up.

That guy from the show about methamphetamine (and fellow Idahoan no less) got out of a car with Ziggler and I changed the channel for good.

It's just amazing that we are at the start of March and WWE has produced several MOTYC thus far:

Cena/Cesaro - Raw

Wyatts/Shield - EC

Wyatt/Bryan - RR

Christian/Orton -Smackdown

Zayn/Cesaro - NXT

and now some are tossing in Wyatts/Shield from the Chicago Raw. That's 6 matches in not even 3 months. I'm excited for the rest of 2014 if this is any indication of where WWE is going. Count me in as someone who is looking forward to Orton/Batista for all the wrong reasons.

The Usos are so good, I wish they had someone amazing to work against. Shield and Wyats are doing their own thing and The Rhodes Brothers are faces. The only heels not doing shit and worht even a little something (as Ryback and Axel are worth shit at this point) are NAO and that'd depressing to think about. The Usos NEED a team they can just consntalty have insanely good matches with. The Divas backstage 'review' of Need For Speed was weird and uncomfortable as WWE has flat out shown that Nattie is married, Brie is engaged, and Nikki is more than willing to cut off her own hand if it means her and Cena get married tomorrow. This one segment made the movie, WWE, and all the Divas look BAD for various reasons.

I'm fine with fan "revolt" to a point, but not when they're crapping on legitimately good content.

Ehh, no accounting for taste...*cough*Cubsfans*cough*

What are you on about?

I was thinking that last night he's great at this post shows. Im also really liking this post shows it gives the WWE a sports broadcast feel ya know.

They are also trying to get that sports broadcast feel by encouraging Michael Cole to imitate notable national baseball announcers.

Once Seth Rollins goes babyface he should get Riley's music.

I think the pre-show and post-show roundtables don't make things feel more real necessarily but they do make things feel more important which is always a good thing. We'll see if that sticks in two months' time.

The pre-show stuff ruled. It's fantastic. It adds to the reality of what we're watching. I love it so much.

I noticed this on the Smackdown pre-show.  I also had to laugh when Josh kept referencing storylines in a sportscasting sense while talking about actual, scripted storylines.  Very meta

Once Seth Rollins goes babyface he should get Riley's music.

I think the pre-show and post-show roundtables don't make things feel more real necessarily but they do make things feel more important which is always a good thing. We'll see if that sticks in two months' time.

This made me look up Riley's music, and watching this titantron HOW DID HE NOT GET OVER

SO MUCH SMILING SAY SMILING TO MY FACE

Man its pretty simple. Punk isn't just punk, he stands for the new guard, younger guys. They are chanting, in part, "fresh, fresh". Same reason the usos were over last night. They wanna see young guys get pushed. Who cares if punk is a nice guy or selfish or not. Have to be selfish to go to the top as a performer. Lots of bad people make good art.

• Like 2

Another highlight was to see that Alex Riley finally found his calling. I hope he is used in the broadcaster role for WWE Network going forward and NEVER wrestlers again. Riley going with the brown hair made him indistinguishable even by WWE standards.

He's terrible as the colour commentator on NXT. Maybe being a talking head at the roundtable works better for him though.

Man its pretty simple. Punk isn't just punk, he stands for the new guard, younger guys. They are chanting, in part, "fresh, fresh". Same reason the usos were over last night. They wanna see young guys get pushed. Who cares if punk is a nice guy or selfish or not. Have to be selfish to go to the top as a performer. Lots of bad people make good art.

Punk has been in the company for 8 years now. He's not the new guard at all. He's DEFINITELY not fresh.

• Like 2

Surprised nobody has mentioned yet that during the RAW pre-show, Lawler did a post match interview with Los Matadores just off the ramp behind the crowd like Mean Gene used to do back in the old Superstars days! Was a very cool visual and something I wish they'd bring back more often.

Pretty good show, the crowd wasn't nearly as much of a factor as hyped which was probably for the best.

Live reports are strongly suggesting they basically had the crowd turned all the way down most of the show -- one report said they literally couldn't hear a word HHH or Stephanie said during their promo.