DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-3-14 - Raw in Chicago

MGFanJay

What's the different between what was chanted at Christian and Sheamus in Chicago last night, and the "same old shit" chants and the like that occur in multiple other cities? None. And fuck that Christian vs Sheamus match. That match falls squarely into the "we don't have anything for these guys, so let's just have them wrestle each other on every Raw and SmackDown!" It's insulting to fans and people who pay for the ticket to see such rote matchmaking.

You're right two good wrestlers wrestling is a terrible blight on the pro wres industry.

Answer my question motherfucker. Don't just sidestep it like a punk bitch.

Christian and Seamus are good wrestlers. And they've given them a story that started before EC. But those guys can't get their story or their angle over. There are a ton of other guys on the roster getting their stuff over. Why can't those dudes? It's on them.

That is a ridiculous statement. They went out and had a good match and the crowd shat on it because they're fucking mutants

• Like 1

What's the different between what was chanted at Christian and Sheamus in Chicago last night, and the "same old shit" chants and the like that occur in multiple other cities? None. And fuck that Christian vs Sheamus match. That match falls squarely into the "we don't have anything for these guys, so let's just have them wrestle each other on every Raw and SmackDown!" It's insulting to fans and people who pay for the ticket to see such rote matchmaking.

You're right two good wrestlers wrestling is a terrible blight on the pro wres industry.

Answer my question motherfucker. 

300-scaled.jpg

Christian and Seamus are good wrestlers. And they've given them a story that started before EC. But those guys can't get their story or their angle over. There are a ton of other guys on the roster getting their stuff over. Why can't those dudes? It's on them.

That is a ridiculous statement. They went out and had a good match and the crowd shat on it because they're fucking mutants

You can't have it both ways. You just spent weeks complaining about the bland wrestlers from today's product and hyping the Attitude Era and then shit on a crowd for not giving two bland (but really good) wrestlers respect. 

OK the answer is that its equally shit. But at least with the others its a legitimate reaction not a tantrum. Chicago fans think they're suddenly important. More important than the guys in the ring. So they can fuck off. They'll probably all stop being wrestling fans now that there isn't a good Chicago wrestler anyway.

Sheamus v. Christian comes down to booking. That was a crowd that only wanted to see what they wanted to see. The show was booked accordingly. It's not an accident that there were multiple Bryan and Cesaro segments and the other wrestlers likely to get crapped on (Orton/Cena) didn't wrestle.

It's no different from Roman v. Bray last week. WWE has gone around the horn enough times that they should know how different things will play in different cities.

You can't have it both ways. You just spent weeks complaining about the bland wrestlers from today's product and hyping the Attitude Era and then shit on a crowd for not giving two bland (but really good) wrestlers respect.

They can't complain about WERKERS like Punk and Ziggler by shitting all over two guys just as talented. It wasn't a fifteen minute diva fuck up, nor was it Khali vs Fandango vs Brodus. It was a good match with two talented guys. If they don't want to see that they're not legitimate wrestling fans and should stop pretending to be.

• Like 3

Plus, it's been building and building and all because the person they're chanting for left of his own volition.  He wasn't unjustly fired, he was given a co-main event at Wrestlemania XXX and he said that's not good enough and left.

• Like 1

The hide behind your wife thing was played out before it was ever kosher to say but it's still a big step up from a decade ago.

"You may be the strongest, smartest, most celebrated.. but with my Peaks/Jericoholics/Spinaroonie/other intangible qualities, I believe I have a strong chance to beat you."

• Like 1

Okay. Other people were mentioning earlier about the commentary and how bad it has become. I think Cole and Bradshaw *may* do fine off script, but I worry about Lawler. Does anyone else think he would do fine if he didn't have someone in his ear, or has age finally caught up with him?

Finally? Lawler has been terrible since the Attitude era ended, and he was only good back then because his only job was yelling about titties.

Well, at that point he was still going by the script. As others have mentioned, he seems to be suffering from the Dory Complex, where he wanders. I was just wondering if he can go out there and be himself if he can be compelling or if he has lost it. I guess I have gotten my answer anyway.

I consider myself to be a legitimate pro-wrestling fan & I wouldn't watch Christian Vs. Sheamus if you paid me. Fuck both of those boring-ass dudes. Sheamus hasn't really ever done shit, maybe a couple good matches here and there (I remember liking his match with Big Show) but he's basically just a jacked-up juice head that worked out with Triple H & now he's a parody of nothing but catchphrases & signature moves that are boring & not entertaining to me. Christian hasn't been important since he was falling off ladders, putting on a chicken suit & living in the shadow of Edge.

No, I don't want to see either one of them, let alone against each other for a multiple-week long feud that I didn't give one flying fuck about the first time.

Like I've said before, it doesn't matter if you're a good worker if no one wants to watch you fucking work!

Lawler was the worst in the WWE from the jump. Did you guys ever live through the Kiss My Foot era? Memphis Lawler and WWE Lawler are different creatures. Man, all of those times he yelled "Puppies" like some 4th grader who just discovered his sexuality.

When was the last time I gave a crap about Christian? I think the time he baited Orton into a disqualification? I've never given a turd about Sheamus. That's not to say the guy isn't good at the actual wrestling part of the game. He is. But the dude is so bad at playing his character. He just doesn't have that part of it down and never will.

The very vocal crowds are great when they are into something and sometimes amusing, sometimes the worst when they are not. It is what it is. I would take a Chicago or a smarky crowd any day over those crowds that sit in silence.

Lawler was the worst in the WWE from the jump. Did you guys ever live through the Kiss My Foot era? Memphis Lawler and WWE Lawler are different creatures. Man, all of those times he yelled "Puppies" like some 4th grader who just discovered his sexuality.

This was more or less what I was trying to get at. If he was allowed to, would he still be able to go with his Memphis Mode or not? But with commentary instead.

Yeah. "Wooo hooo puppies!!" was a bit embarrassing and annoying.

OK the answer is that its equally shit. But at least with the others its a legitimate reaction not a tantrum. Chicago fans think they're suddenly important. More important than the guys in the ring. So they can fuck off. They'll probably all stop being wrestling fans now that there isn't a good Chicago wrestler anyway.

Quoting this to say you actually answered the question and I appreciate that. I'll have to agree to disagree, but it's still appreciated.