DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-3-14 - Raw in Chicago

MGFanJay

Shield/Wyatts should blow off at Mania but no we have this completely forced Cena/Bray Wyatt feud to do instead.  John cut an uninspired paint-by-numbers promo because there's no reason for this feud. 

I appreciate those groups basically doing every idea they have because they know this is it.

If they weren't so adamant about this stupid Cena/Wyatt match at Wrestlemania, I would really love to see an old-school TLC match at Wrestlemania between The Wyatts and the Shield.

I have no idea where they are going with the Shield split. Triple Threat match between all three members for the US Championship?

Kaptain kayfabe hit the nail on the head. Its time for that portion of the audience to move on. Jae was also right.. if punk cared enough he would have just sent out a tweet saying no I wont be there and saved his fans time and energy but in truth he's probably sitting in his house reading comics or mma play fighting with the Gracies.

He left. His choice. He'll come back one day...WWE tried, its on him. The machine will keep going.

• Like 1

No one mentioned Punk besides Josh on the pre-show and Heyman. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh wasn't supposed to acknowledge the chants.

Ok, but Heyman's entire promo was about Punk. So that's a lot of mentioning. Also, Lawler said something about "that's not who you expect to see when CM Punk's music plays".

Just watched the Shield / Wyatts again.  Tremendous, as said before.  I frequently thought of Dean Ambrose as the "weak link" of the shield, but he got some great offense throughout.  His figure four sequence with Rowan, taunting Bray while in the Sgt. Slaughter Noogie, those windmill Thesz Presses; he did good!  And they did a good job of only really having Roman Reigns doing his big running moves (actually, now that I think about it, he really only has those running attacks - superman punch, spear, running clothesline, running dropkick to the apron --- his only non-running move is the Samoan drop where someone has to be running at him! Maybe hold off on the singles push until he gets a more diverse moveset). 

Maybe it's time to have Dean Ambrose start defending his US title.  I loved his babyface fire in this -- and I don't think I ever thought I would say that. 

Do you just stay up all night thinking of every little thing that bothered you about RAW? You must be a ton of fun to hang out with...

Here's an idea, if something bothers you so much that you bitch about it for longer than the show was even on, maybe it's time you found a new source of entertainment. Take a tip from your "beloved" WWE and

fout.jpg

Did I touch a nerve? Sorry to upset you.

Dumping on a Sheamus match is hardly a Chicago-only thing, but yeah, that was pretty dumb.

The crowd was pretty awesome outside of that though. Really added a lot to the Uso's title win, the Shield/Wyatt's and the HHH/Bryan promo.

re: Daniel Bryan's storyline progression.

In September, RAW's were routinely ending with HHH/Randy Orton beating down Daniel Bryan, who wanted nothing more than to get the World Title back.

Six months later, RAW ends with HHH beating down Daniel Bryan, who now wants nothing more than to face Triple H in a regular one-on-one singles match with nothing of any significance at stake.

EVOLUTION IS A MYSTERY, FULL OF CHANGE THAT NO ONE SEES

It sounds to me like Bryan...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Played the Game.

• Like 3

What's the different between what was chanted at Christian and Sheamus in Chicago last night, and the "same old shit" chants and the like that occur in multiple other cities? None. And fuck that Christian vs Sheamus match. That match falls squarely into the "we don't have anything for these guys, so let's just have them wrestle each other on every Raw and SmackDown!" It's insulting to fans and people who pay for the ticket to see such rote matchmaking. 

Okay. Other people were mentioning earlier about the commentary and how bad it has become. I think Cole and Bradshaw *may* do fine off script, but I worry about Lawler. Does anyone else think he would do fine if he didn't have someone in his ear, or has age finally caught up with him?

What's the different between what was chanted at Christian and Sheamus in Chicago last night, and the "same old shit" chants and the like that occur in multiple other cities? None. And fuck that Christian vs Sheamus match. That match falls squarely into the "we don't have anything for these guys, so let's just have them wrestle each other on every Raw and SmackDown!" It's insulting to fans and people who pay for the ticket to see such rote matchmaking.

You're right two good wrestlers wrestling is a terrible blight on the pro wres industry.

• Like 2

Christian and Seamus are good wrestlers. And they've given them a story that started before EC. But those guys can't get their story or their angle over. There are a ton of other guys on the roster getting their stuff over. Why can't those dudes? It's on them.

• Like 2

Okay. Other people were mentioning earlier about the commentary and how bad it has become. I think Cole and Bradshaw *may* do fine off script, but I worry about Lawler. Does anyone else think he would do fine if he didn't have someone in his ear, or has age finally caught up with him?

I just don't think he pays much attention anymore. He knows about the main guys, but I doubt he watches Smackdown or keeps up with the lower-card guys.

I kind of figured Christian-Sheamus was doomed due to the crowd last night, he seemed to have their hijacking get hijacked by WWE. Hopefully the voiceless realize now that Punk doesn't care about them, this isn't some big work and he won't be back for a while. Chicago got Shield-Wyatts II, that Heyman promo and the Usos finally winning the tag titles. Get over yourselves, if you think Punk going out there and going through the motions would have made your night then go watch the Network.

• Like 1

Finally? Lawler has been terrible since the Attitude era ended, and he was only good back then because his only job was yelling about titties.