DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Curt McGirt

Banging the head that does not bang

...and with this one my Manowar collection is complete (as in the first four albums, you don't need anything else)

And speaking of Bathory far above, this is where Quorthon stole everything from for the Viking era

It just rules, and nobody talks about it. 

Also rules and nobody talks about it. If you could make a sandwich with Slayer, Sacrifice, Possessed and early Morbid Angel this would be it. And if you don't like that sandwich, then go down the street and buy a salad at the grocery store bud

Anybody heard the new Sleep yet?  I haven't heard it yet but I am super stoked.  Yes, I guess a day late.  Oh well. 

These guys took me by surprise today. It's just two guys from Toronto but boy do they rip. In an era where every other death metal band sounds like Incantation, these guys do it right with memorable riffs and hella dynamics. And not a blast beat in sight! I guess their lyrics are about Bloodborne and Dark Souls which is pretty weird though. New album coming soon on 20 Buck Spin. 

Oh, and their demos? Sheeeeeeeeyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...

I ordered Pestilence - Testimony of the Ancients and USPS sent me a hardcover book on Kentucky wildlife instead. I'm sure said bird-watcher is gonna be as pissed as I am...

• Haha 2

A lyric video for an Immortal song is hilarious, but here’s their first post-Abbath output. It sounds like you expect (people who like this sort of thing, etc) but maybe a little better. If this is representative of the album, I’ll like it.

So that is the new Demonaz shit since he finally got over his tendinitis(z)? It's... not bad. Faster than expected. I haven't liked anything they did since At the Heart of Winter but this might hit the sweet spot for somebody wanting some Battles type stuff with better production. 

In other news there is new Gruesome coming out, for anyone wanting some more early Death worship. Video is most definitely NSFW (even though I watched it at work haha)