DVDVR Message Board

Banging the head that does not bang

Curt McGirt

Reminder to self: get on Soulseek tonight and try to find the soundboard of that fucker

EDIT: Hell yeah I found it, and I'm gonna melt my ears in the ride with it tomorrow. All I hope is I can hear more Martin Ain than I did on the video. RIP...

Edited by Curt McGirt

Having gone back a bit to listen to Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde by Alcest, I was wondering if anyone could recommend bands or albums that are similar in style perhaps? Really enjoyed their stuff. Cheers.

Woo, I've listened to this about twenty times the last two days and I love it!

The video has stirred up controversy, so consider this your NSFW warning: it contains depictions of violent events and debauchery that have occurred throughout the history of Germany. The very first scene features Till getting his head cut off, for crying out loud!

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 8:23 PM, FireThunder said:

Woo, I've listened to this about twenty times the last two days and I love it!

The video has stirred up controversy, so consider this your NSFW warning: it contains depictions of violent events and debauchery that have occurred throughout the history of Germany. The very first scene features Till getting his head cut off, for crying out loud!

I love this song, and I love that the piano during the final 2+ minutes is "Sonne".

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest The Magnificent 7

I know I pimped The Crown’s recent album a couple pages back but I mean just listen to that intro on this track. 

Epic

Fantastic one-man band here. The prior LP, Coagulating Darkness, and all their other shit is awesome. 

That Crown record is so fucking good. It's like a cut-up of The Haunted, Wolfpack, and Entombed, only with a shitload of blast beats. It's also pretty much what I always wanted Dethklok to sound like -- they even have the same kind of solos. 

• Like 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

I just love that closer from Primordial's latest album.

And that Sulphur Aeon album.  It's unbelievable how good it is.  No getting around it, it's going to be an all-timer for me. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been listening to the new Rammstein album for a week now and it's really solid. In my opinion, they lead with the best track on the record in Deutschland but there's several real bangers in there: Radio, Auslander, Zeig Dich, Tattoo, and the powerful horror show song of the album, Puppe. The album sounds a lot like the music from the Herzeleid/Sehnsucht days with more emphasis on tanz metal and industrial. Great stuff.

Meanwhile, Fleshgod Apocalypse put out a new album this week as well, with a Rammstein cover that is done in only the way they can.

I just watched the entire Death documentary (Death by Metal) on Night Flight Plus. Chuck might've been an asshole (and who isn't) but he was also a visionary, and nobody deserves to go like he did. So this is for him. 

Rest in Peace, Evil Chuck.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Thanks 1

Guest The Magnificent 7

Awesome album...The Blind Leading the Blind. Glad Napalm Records picked them up. 

I love Japan. 

Is it just me or does the bass player look exactly like Gilbert Gottfried? 

Anyway, the Seven Inches of Death book has been hipping me to a few bands that I've actually never heard before. The best one so far is Gorement from Sweden. Their LP reminds of early Amorphis while the demo and EPs after it on this file are super brutal Swedish death, 100% Boss HM-1 pedal abuse to the max. Before the inevitable wimp-out, of course. 

If you think the logo looks a little familiar Bloodbath stole its style on purpose

Edited by Curt McGirt

Recently got into Sabaton. A friend of mine recommended them to me a while back and I liked what I'd heard. Had sort of forgotten about them until I saw Erik Rowan wearing a Sabaton t-shirt a few weeks ago.

• Like 1