DVDVR Message Board

Banging the head that does not bang

Curt McGirt

Bolt Thrower is just Bolt Thrower. There are BT elements in Audio Kollaps but they're their own beast. 

My own addition for the day is Swordwielder, some draggy crusty Axegrinder-y shit. Not a bad album but I need some more listens. 

http://wieldthesword.bandcamp.com/

And also this because I finally downloaded it. The singer I believe is different (too lazy to look it up) and a bit less restrained, if not he just changed, but it still sounds as good as always. Great blend of traditional metal and doom. Such a guitar tone...

EDIT: Yeah, different singer. If you have half an interest in this check out their album New Dark Age, it is fucking A M A Z I N G.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^ban this man from the thread

New Triptykon is pretty dope aside from the vocals, at least when Tom is trying to sound "modern". First song is totally random but comes together halfway through. Second is very much in the vein of "Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh" on Monotheist, I think.

It seems like you guys have some pretty sophisticated taste 'round here (what else is new!) but has anyone tasted the new Zakk Wylde? The harmony part of the solo is pretty sweet, but the rest of the song is kinda meh. I enjoyed the last album a lot, but in actuality, I think the whole BLS thing kinda peaked around The Blessed Hellride (I'll be generous and say that there are some decent cuts on Mafia, if only because that was probably the height of my fandom):

• Like 2

I must add that said store also got me the Minor Threat 7" comp LP, the Shut In 7", Slayer - Reign In Blood LP, Stray Cats - Built for Speed LP, Ramones - S/T LP, and Ramones Mania LP in this very short space of time. Yeah.

EDIT: OH! I forgot, a copy of Trouble - Run to the Light on cassette that I was more than happy to pay $11 for. All of this within the last month. Who needs distros when you have friends?