DVDVR Message Board

WWE Presents Chicago Chants CM Punk for 3 Hours

Dolfan in NYC

I don't watch raw for the shitty fans, them trying to get themselves over us embarrassing. And of course its because Punk is a miserable twat. And of course it's Chicago.

I would agree with you about crowds that try to get themselves over (ex: chanting for random announcers during a match), but that doesn't seem to be the case here. It seems like the goal of that sheet is to chant for the people they like and want to see elevated in the company, and shit on those they don't like and are tired of. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Greggulator actually hit the nail on the head. It's like watching a Duke game at Cameron Indoor Stadium when WWE gets a crowd like this. Much more fun than when they run Omaha, Nebraska or some bumfuck town like that.

Like Green Bay?

I don't see what is so bad about that "cheat sheet" for chanting. Whoever created it is basically just asking people to shit on HHH/Orton/Batista, which the crowd was probably going to do anyway. Other than that, they're encouraging people to chant for CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, which the crowd was probably going to do anyway. They're also trying to make sure everyone gives the proper attention/love to the Shield/Wyatt's match - just in case the crowd wasn't planning to do that anyway.

What the fuck is so bad about that? I have never seen a group get so offended at people having fun at a pro wrestling show like the posters of DVDVR do.

They also want people to chant in support of Ziggler.

If they wanted to hijack Raw, they should do the following:

- Boo any video package for a Hall of Fame induction - this is when they should kick the "We Want Punk" chants into high gear

- Start "we want Divas" chants at inappropriate times

- Cheer for the Miz

- Start possibly racist/sexist/homophobic chants that ruin the TV presentation

- If Stephanie shows up, do a dueling chant.  Borrow the "You've still got it" from NXT Arrival and add "It is herpes" as the counter-chant

19 year old me would love the hell out stuff like a chant sheet. 26 year old me? Not so much.

34 year old me thinks 26 year old you needs to lighten up.

Don't call me fat. I'm sensitive.

• Like 1

My crystal ball is in the shop, but I have a feeling that it would be a disaster if they put Punk in the championship match. *Maybe* not tonight, due to RAW being in Chicago, but in the next few weeks look for him to get negative reactions, as well. Then we will have *3* guys getting booed out of the building in the WM match.

My crystal ball is in the shop, but I have a feeling that it would be a disaster if they put Punk in the championship match. *Maybe* not tonight, due to RAW being in Chicago, but in the next few weeks look for him to get negative reactions, as well. Then we will have *3* guys getting booed out of the building in the WM match.

Agreed. That Wrestlemania crowd is going to be the smarkiest of the smarky. They're going to hate any World Title match that doesn't involve Daniel Bryan.

Man that twitter is the dirt worst. They think of themselves as revolutionaries.......against a television program. Daniel Bryan, the guy who people thought would never make it has beaten the top names clean since Summerslam and is in the 2nd or 3rd biggest match at Wrestlemania against HHH. It would be cool if he was in the main event but being a top featured act at Wrestlemania isn't anything to sneeze at.

What percentage of regular fans even realize he's been gone for something more than a short rest?  It's only been a few weeks, which isn't that strange for a guy to go away for...Like, what, three RAWS? 

Will the average person who watches regularly but isn't....one of....us...even see this as "a return"?

• Like 1

Would Punk getting inserted into the main event and being booed be a great "I told you so" moment for HHH?

What percentage of regular fans even realize he's been gone for something more than a short rest?  It's only been a few weeks, which isn't that strange for a guy to go away for...Like, what, three RAWS? 

Will the average person who watches regularly but isn't....one of....us...even see this as "a return"?

And the rest, the ones who would boo him, are the ones who want to hijack Raw for him anyway.

Batista/Bryan has been announced for tonight. I hope the stip is Bryan gets into the WM main event if he wins, with Punk coming out to protect against any shenanigans. I know I said it in the omnibus yesterday, but I strongly feel that would be the most logical way to go.

Batista/Bryan has been announced for tonight. I hope the stip is Bryan gets into the WM main event if he wins, with Punk coming out to protect against any shenanigans. I know I said it in the omnibus yesterday, but I strongly feel that would be the most logical way to go.

If the show ends with Punk standing over Bryan's unconscious body after he screws him out of his chance, this will be the funnest internet eve' ever.

Divide and Conquer, Hunter!  Let the nerd fanbases kill each other off.

No, fuck you lamerz. Wrestling should only ever be held in empty arenas or places where fans sit on their hands and don't dare to interrupt the artistry going on inside the squared circle.

There are bigger things to bitch about in Chicago. Shitty weather and how the crime rate *mysteriously* drops because of it, for example.

Gathering a bunch of losers to chant for a guy who is whiney, snarky and generally unhappy says more about the fans than stuffing instead of potatoes. The biggest problem with wrestling is that the fans think they know more than the people writing the shit. But Vince already got their money so what difference does it make?

Jesus, someone needs a fucking hug.

No, fuck you lamerz. Wrestling should only ever be held in empty arenas or places where fans sit on their hands and don't dare to interrupt the artistry going on inside the squared circle.

There are bigger things to bitch about in Chicago. Shitty weather and how the crime rate *mysteriously* drops because of it, for example.

Gathering a bunch of losers to chant for a guy who is whiney, snarky and generally unhappy says more about the fans than stuffing instead of potatoes. The biggest problem with wrestling is that the fans think they know more than the people writing the shit. But Vince already got their money so what difference does it make?

Jesus, someone needs a fucking hug.

GREGGULATOR, GREGGULATOR, Please report to the Pre-Raw thread STAT.  30 CC's of bright, sunny outlook are needed in OR 3!

If the show ends with Punk standing over Bryan's unconscious body after he screws him out of his chance, this will be the funnest internet eve' ever.

Divide and Conquer, Hunter!  Let the nerd fanbases kill each other off.

I might be alright with that, to be honest. It would certainly be interesting to see what the reaction would be.