DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R1 Match 2 BRYAN vs. DALLAS

DANIEL BRYAN vs. BO DALLAS  

100 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE

I do feel bad for Bo. He has a great character and he's not terrible in the ring.

But we could take this moment to discuss something that a friend of mine brought up the other day: Daniel Bryan is the Triple H of March Madness.

• Like 1

Bo literally just had his best match of the year, that could have given him some momentum to escape round 1... but not against this opponent, not this year.

Bryan has won this tournament each of the last 3 years, and in none of those years did he produce as many high quality matches as he did this year.

But we could take this moment to discuss something that a friend of mine brought up the other day: Daniel Bryan is the Triple H of March Madness.

Daniel Bryan comes out here every March and cuts a 30 minute promo about THIS BUSINESS before every set of tournament matches. I only hope that scrappy young Bo can overcome DVDR's obvious attempts at burying a hot new talent to come out with a win.

Well, I'd rather watch a Bo Dallas promo with Renee Young than a Bryan promo where he gets people to ask questions that have single word answers or something. That's for sure.

I can't find the Bo Dallas world tour on youtube but I think it was back in November with all the slides. Someone should grab that from hulu. I am trying to keep peace between the cat and the baby so I can't now.

Ultimately though, it's Bryan's year, which is saying a lot considering he's won three in a row.

• Like 1

kNOw Mo Bo, the white boots, and handing out cookies to NXT fans definitely places Bo high on the list in my book. I wish he would have gotten someone like Del Rio who would have been an easier opponent to defeat (and a no brainer in my book). If Bo contunes to an amazing year I can see him making it to the sweet 16.

Daniel Bryan will have my vote through the whole tournament. Daniel Bryan was awesome during the time period with Team Hell No with/without friends vs. The Shield, the great Gauntlet match with the terrific match against Antonio Cesaro from the 22nd of July 2013 RAW, my 2013 Match of the Year against John Cena at SummerSlam 2013, the matches against Randy Orton and versus Bray Wyatt at the 2014 Royal Rumble.

Well, I'd rather watch a Bo Dallas promo with Renee Young than a Bryan promo where he gets people to ask questions that have single word answers or something. That's for sure.

I can't find the Bo Dallas world tour on youtube but I think it was back in November with all the slides. Someone should grab that from hulu. I am trying to keep peace between the cat and the baby so I can't now.

Ultimately though, it's Bryan's year, which is saying a lot considering he's won three in a row.

I'm going to probably vote cat ... no, baby. Hmmm ... guess it depends; who would they be facing in the next round? #marchmadnesscrackpipe

Daniel Bryan will have my vote through the whole tournament. Daniel Bryan was awesome during the time period with Team Hell No with/without friends vs. The Shield, the great Gauntlet match with the terrific match against Antonio Cesaro from the 22nd of July 2013 RAW, my 2013 Match of the Year against John Cena at SummerSlam 2013, the matches against Randy Orton and versus Bray Wyatt at the 2014 Royal Rumble.

But what do you think about Bo?

But what do you think about Bo?

I enjoy Bo for the reasons in the topic and the video you posted. Bo was unfortunate to get this draw as opponent depending, I think he'd have had a decent run in this.

Dallas is sneaky good as a traditional heel and has pretty good work in the ring, but Bryan is the #2 wrestler in my worldview and vs. Cena/vs. The Shield has obviously had better output on those matches alone. Bryan this round...and probably the next few. 

I realize I am pissing in the wind here, but I am voting for Bo; simply on the fact that I find him a more entertaining character.  That is not to say that DB is not the better wrestler, or has had better matches; it is just that right now I'd rather see Bo on my TV more then Bryan.

Not No More Bo. KNOW More Bo.

The dude has been on fire on NXT. It's such a terrific character right now. The NXT announcers rightfully get lauded but they've missed a key component of Bo -- he does these little dickish things to win his matches and no one realizes it. Turnbuckles magically get untied. He rolls back out "accidentally" to avoid a 10-count. And the entire time, he does it with a smile on his face. It's great because he does these things but then has this weird defense mechanism where he still believes he is a hero. He clearly has no self-awareness and thinks he's an idol of worship when everyone thinks he's a total tool. But he also has this great denial of ever doing anything wrong, when he's clearly a sneaky and sly bastard.

He's also surpassed Drew McIntyre in the "use every part of the ring as a weapon" category. He's superb at that -- sneaky apron pulls, ramming backs into the ring, the aforementioned turnbuckle-related usage for victories, etc.

He wrestles like he's this sneaky in-ring genius.

Bo's a true joy to watch. His promos are great and his ring work is a blast. One of my favorite guys in the world right now.

I realize I am pissing in the wind here, but I am voting for Bo; simply on the fact that I find him a more entertaining character.  That is not to say that DB is not the better wrestler, or has had better matches; it is just that right now I'd rather see Bo on my TV more then Bryan.

BOOOOOOOOOOOTISTA!

Bo Dallas is one hell of an entertaining guy but Daniel Bryan is the best wrestler in the world.  A vote against him is a vote for anarchy.

Bo looks like the jock douche at school who decides he wants to get in touch with his "alternative side", yet remains the jock douche. God I hate him (in a good way).

Daniel Bryan is the alternative dude who calls the jock douche out on his BS.

Both have been great this year, Dallas done a 360 and then another 180 to turn his gimmick around and has good matches every time I see him on NXT.

But come on, its Daniel Bryan.