DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

Yeah, but do you really want a TDKRises skin where Batman turns into a whiny pussy?

I would've loved if the Dark Knight Returns skin in AC moved slower since he was older.

I'm also massivly dissappointed that the Batman 66 skin doesn't cause "POW! BAM! BOOF!" pop up bubbles.

You mean like this?

I think something like that would be cool, but logistically in these games that are already jam-packed, it seems impossible.  Basically it means all these alternate skins would need brand new character animations and rendering.  So it would be like how Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing or Batman in City all play completely differently from each other.  

Now would I have liked if Batman Beyond had his rocket boots instead of using the grappler?  Yes.  But wouldn't it be kind of cheap if you could just use rocket boots the whole time?  Would the game even work if I just had rocket boots I could use whenever I want?  I think at least it was cool that they gave the Beyond skin the wings instead of a cape.  I just see it as, if there is a design or particular version of Batman you really like or would like to play as, well now you can look that way in the game.  

• Like 2

I really, REALLY want this to be as good as it feels like it could be.  Eric Holmes was one of the first real friends I made on the internet MUSHing in the 90s, and I want him to get the level of success he deserves.  I'm glad that some of the skepticism at the initial announcement seems to have been back-burnered; I just hope they deliver.

• Like 1

Thanks for the video, TheVileOne. Again, I really like the different look, I feel Batman: Arkham Origins has to Arkham Asylum/Arkham City. Great seeing the Batcave.

Different look? You mean the batsuit right? Because everything else looks more or less copy/pasted from the previous games. The hobo's looked pretty much like the political prisoners from AC, including the cowering animation. And that throat grab interrogation move could've been done differently in my opinion.Looks like the fighting system is pretty much one on one from AC as well. Not that it's a bad thing, but they could've mixed it up a little bit with the animations. Which were impressive the first time around, seeing it again in a "slightly" different setting just seems lazy to me.And another thing that annoys me is the ground takedown "crotch/ass punch". Funny in Arkham Asylum. Slightly annoying in Arkham City. Lazy in Origins. 

Thanks for the video, TheVileOne. Again, I really like the different look, I feel Batman: Arkham Origins has to Arkham Asylum/Arkham City. Great seeing the Batcave.

Different look? You mean the batsuit right? Because everything else looks more or less copy/pasted from the previous games. The hobo's looked pretty much like the political prisoners from AC, including the cowering animation. And that throat grab interrogation move could've been done differently in my opinion.Looks like the fighting system is pretty much one on one from AC as well. Not that it's a bad thing, but they could've mixed it up a little bit with the animations. Which were impressive the first time around, seeing it again in a "slightly" different setting just seems lazy to me.And another thing that annoys me is the ground takedown "crotch/ass punch". Funny in Arkham Asylum. Slightly annoying in Arkham City. Lazy in Origins. 

I don't mean the moves for the reasons you describe. It's how the game looks, it looks shiner/shaded differently to me in action compared to the first two games. I've liked the Batman: Arkham Origins Batsuit from the start, I'd be fine with that as the Batsuit for Ben Affleck.

Interested to see the reception Arkham Origins gets as they've had to follow Rocksteady's first two Batman: Arkham game.I think the reviews will say Arkham Origins is more of the same with some differences. This will determine your opinion on the game.

Looking forward to finding out Rocksteady's next work on the Batman series.

I can kind of see what Natural is saying.  When I played the demo at E3 it did have a bit of a different look than City to me.  It looked somewhat grainier if that makes any sense.

But also Gotham City looks very different now.  It's Christmas Eve and it's taller and more verticle.  I mean the GCPD building itself looks pretty massive and multi-tiered.

• Like 1

Thanks, TheVileOne.

Out of the alternate Batsuits, the only two I'd use is the First Appearance and The Long Halloween Batsuits. I need a better look at The New 52 suit to see if I'd add it to the list. I liked the selection of Batsuits in Batman: Arkham City more particularly Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Year One, The Dark Knight Returns and Batman of the Future.

The game actually reminds me of Batman(1989). Like Batman 89 this Batman has all his shit together(The plane, the cave, the gadgets). But still hasn't become a friend to the police, and is now going up against the freaks of Gotham. 

• Like 1

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/02/batman-arkham-origins-season-pass-draws-controversy/

Batman: Arkham Origins season pass draws controversyWB Montreal’s plans for Batman: Arkham Origins have so far been expansive. The studio’s trip into Batman’s beginnings will include multiplayer, permadeath, and a string of post-release content, including an awful lot of outfit options for the Caped Crusader as part of the season pass. The outfit options have producer Guillaume Voghel on damage control today—IGN reports that the multitude of costumes has some fans perceiving a lack of real value. Voghel defends the pass’s contents and teases something else for the game that he thinks will have a large impact.“There’s going to be a lot of value in that Season Pass,” Voghel tells IGN. “One of the items we can’t talk about yet…we’ll just wait for the gamers to really see what the entire package contains. It’s going to be a big deal.”Arkham Origins’ season pass promises skins, a challenge mode, and an additional side story for $20. The challenge mode, called “Initiation,” features a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne fighting his ninja mentor in Asia. Two of the skins coat Batman in costumes from the Gotham by Gaslight and Brightest Day comic storylines, while the New Millennium and Infinite Earths packs contain six additional skins each. So far, there are no details on the “side story” DLC.Arkham Origins is the prequel to the Arkham franchise started by Rocksteady Studios in 2009. Arkham Asylum and Arkham City put the studio on the map, but Rocksteady has handed the reins to Warner Bros. Montreal for this installment. The franchise is no stranger to DLC controversy—two years ago, Arkham City drew criticism for locking away single-player Catwoman content behind its online pass, and for tying similar cosmetic skins to different retailers. Those issues were more of a console problem, however.Season Passes and after-release DLC aren’t going anywhere, and when done right, can be beneficial to your budget (we’re looking at you, Bioshock Infinite), but if WB Montreal ends up relying on new bat-costumes for its post-release plans, we’ll be pretty disappointed.