DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

• 8 months later...
On 11/23/2018 at 2:20 PM, tbarrie said:

Since this seems to be the thread for the Telltale Batman series as well, does anybody know if it's still possible to buy them?

Yes the post is over 6 months old but this is still relevant

You can find physical copies of the game still (new and used)

The games were (or are still in the process) of being delisted from digital sites.

I just realized that I own a physical copy of the 2nd Batman game but I never put it in my system.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes the post is over 6 months old but this is still relevant

You can find physical copies of the game still (new and used)

The games were (or are still in the process) of being delisted from digital sites.

I just realized that I own a physical copy of the 2nd Batman game but I never put it in my system.

Does it still download patches even after delisting? 

I have the Platinum for Batman: Arkham Asylum on PS3 and I'm planning on going for the Platinum on the Japanese version and the PS4 version at some point. The Japanese version may be a little tough to do the Riddler trophies and I'm putting myself through the combat challenges again.

• Like 1

I ended up pre-ordering Asylum the day before it came out, because Best Buy had a preorder deal that included both Phantasm and Sub-Zero on DVD. I thought the game would probably be cool, but upgrading my fave Batman thing ever made from tape to DVD plus the Mr. Freeze movie I hadn't seen was the thing that tipped me over.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Playing back Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, amazing games. The writing, combat, stealth, voices from the beloved Batman: The Animated Series and references to the world of the Dark Knight are appreciated by this Bat fan. The FreeFlow Combat system went on to inspire other games. The challenge maps offered replay value as you tried to beat your score. I completed every Riddle in both games.

Edited by The Natural

• 7 months later...

Having brought up the previous Arkham games by Rocksteady, Batman: Arkham City has less merchandise than Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham Knight. I'm surprised by that as Arkham City tends to be seen as the best Arkham game. I'd give that accolade to Arkham Asylum. You can get Funko POP! for Asylum and Knight unlike City as an example.