DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

Well, I am just past the stuff in Scarecrow's apartment in Chinatown. I had a feeling that was coming, but I am still a little irked by how it was presented.

I will say that this game does a much better job of tying all of the side stuff and everything into the overarching story than Arkham City did. Arkham City felt a lot more scatterbrained in that regard to that point that even some of the story missions felt like filler.

Granted, but City at least made most of the stuff matter. Even when shit was repetitive it was like "Gathering clues!" or something rather than all the militia side missions which are such a grind with a lame payoff. Or the Man Bat/Firefly missions which are grossly repetitive.

Also it took me forever to figure out that when a mission indicator led nowhere I needed to advance the story to progress which is so frustrating because why arbitrarily lock side missions and moreso why not fix it so you can't see where they're supposed to be until you can do them? Frustrating.

From all the glitches you guys are getting, sounds like you're playing on PC. If so, you should know the PC was notoriously badly ported and glitchy with full refunds being offered pretty much immediately. Not sure if that offer ended with 2015 but worth checking if it's been that bad.

I'm still frustrated by this game. I still liked it but so frustrated.

I just disabled the air missile. Something tells me that i probably need to work through clearing some of these watchtowers before progressing further. It seems like gliding around Arkham is going to become a bit vexing otherwise.

I wish like fuck I had done that now.  Still need to go back and finish the pre-Harley predator sequence, but I think I'm going to have to bump down the diff (which sucks)

I think that's where I am in the story. I just got past the Founder's Island bit with the drones and the air missiles and enabled the Batwing.

If your objective is "Return to Clock Tower to examine Scans" then yes

If that is where you are - you should definitely work on side story stuff to level up. (And I am not even talking like find Riddler clues, etc... you should have unlocked some side stuff that is literally one mission long.)

Like A Friend In Need might be the easiest experience points you get in the game

It will make your life easier

If your objective is "Return to Clock Tower to examine Scans" then yes

If that is where you are - you should definitely work on side story stuff to level up. (And I am not even talking like find Riddler clues, etc... you should have unlocked some side stuff that is literally one mission long.)

Like A Friend In Need might be the easiest experience points you get in the game

It will make your life easier

I've essentially fully leveled up my armor at this point for both the batsuit and batmobile (I may have one armor upgrade left on ballistics and the batmobile). I also have the canon recharge maximized. Really, I think the other "useful stuff" I have left would be getting all of the disruptor upgrades. 

Actually - I found the ones that lowered the combat combo # to be the most helpful (Non-Armor and Batmobile specific category)

I have very few of the Disruptor upgrades (though I did discover far too late in the game that the one that hacks the drones is fucking amazing)

I've been replaying the Arkham games in order and just finished Origins and WOW is it far better than the rest of the series. The other games are so plot driven with characters mostly lacking in humanity. Origins gives everyone their motivations and has a story with both a fun plot and great emotional beats. Fast travel is super helpful, the crime scene reconstructions are cool, getting to chill in the Batcave is a blast, and it has the best boss fights of the series. The martial artists were a decent addition too.

It's not without downsides. It's the glitchiest (though in City I kept character swapping and having the game follow my character off the roof, through the floor, and clipped out of bounds) and the Dark Knight System is garbage but overall my second impression in direct comparison is that it's far and away the best.

Cold, Cold Heart is next, followed by my first playthrough of Blackgate, then it's a replay of Arkham Knight on Plus to try and unlock that last Batsuit.

• Like 1

So is the season pass worth picking up? Does it contain new missions or is it just a bunch of challenge rooms and skins? It's half price on the PS Store in the UK at the moment and looking tempting. I didn't get into Knight as much as the other Arkham games but still enjoyed it and wouldn't mind some more.

Picked it up today, cant complain for £15.50. I had a £10 voucher from a promotion a while ago that i never spent so the whole thing cost me £5.50 technically. I might have found myself a little ripped off if i'd have paid the full amount at launch and had to wait 6 months to get everything. I played through the Harley, Red Hood and Batgirl missions. It's a shame they aren't all as substantial as the Batgirl one. 6 extra missions at an hour a pop would have been great but i'm guessing the remaining 3 will be as short as the first 2. Loved playing as the Red Hood, i'm assuming you can use him in the challenge modes? So i'll have to give those a try at some point.

Finished off the Arkham Episodes and started Season of Infamy. Is it me or is the final part of Catwoman's Revenge unnecessarily hard? It took me about half a dozen attempts to beat it. Every time i'd string together a nice combo i'd just cartwheel across the map targeting the wrong person and end up stuck in electricity while beating them down.

Played through the Freeze mission. Love that these actually have story to them rather than just feeling like a bunch of missions tacked on at the end. I always enjoyed these little side missions during the Arkham games so it's nice to have some more. Even if it makes no sense to be doing them after the main game has finished. Completely forgot how to drive the Batmobile. I'd got half decent at it when i was playing the main game but after not touching this for months i cant even keep it in a straight line anymore.

I'm tempted to track down all the riddles finally even though i know it wont be worth the effort. That 76% complete on The Riddler mission just sits there mocking me....

• 4 weeks later...

Between tonight and when I get back home from the beach on Sunday, I am determined to finish this and get it back to my buddy. This game just shows why I am terribly impatient with video games as a whole and rarely do a lot of side stuff.

I spent an hour last night attacking some side quests to build up Bats a little bit and to clear the roads a bit before they get more congested (I understand stuff becomes an even bigger headache after I complete this Harley Quinn at Panessa mission).

I really, really hate all of these most wanted missions. The roadside bomb ones are especially annoying because I am just not quick enough to dodge everything coming at me, and the game obviously keeps you inside a very narrow radius.

I'm currently playing Arkham Knight and I'm almost finished.

I've completely ignored the riddler trophies so far. Is it worth it collecting them?

I've done it for the other three games, but i'm not sure, if I want to waste this much time for this again.