DVDVR Message Board

The Batman: Arkham series.

I'm really stoked for this after watching that video. I pre-ordered and took the Skins pack option over playing as Deathstroke. That suit looks pretty sharp but I cannot wait to play as this version:

Posted Image

I think that's the only Batsuit I wanted which didn't make it in Batman: Arkham City.

Leaked achievements/trophies for Batman: Arkham Origins *SPOILERS*:

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/batman-arkham-origins/Achievements_and_Trophies

Weird seeing multiplayer ones after Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City as a single player game. The Lady Shiva and Deathstroke achievements/trophies will be tough as I'm assuming you won't be able to replay them unless you start a new game.

Got no issues with them reusing the Robin stuff from AC for Deathstroke's play in AO.  Robin was fun as hell to play with.

I liked playing as Robin but he was my third choice character ahead of Catwoman but behind Nightwing with Batman on the top spot.

Information for the season pass:

Posted Image

There are some Batsuits I know and some I don't. I think the Infinite Earths pack was already announced. Like how you can train as Bruce Wayne in challenge maps, my favourite thing about the above.

I've seen some people complaining on other boards about what the cost will be for the game & the extras but hey, for me this series has always delivered. I'm not crazy about dropping close to $100 for one title but I've never felt ripped off by the last two games.

• Like 2

Dropping $80 on the game + season pass is not a bad deal, considering how season passes used to be in the $30 range.  This is a downright bargin.  and while I probably won't use the skins that often (aside from Brightest Day just for shits), the Initiation Maps plus the DLC Epilogue will be worth it.

I'm only planning on getting the Knightfall pack and probably the story DLC.  And maybe the Bruce Wayne pack if it gets good reviews.

Amazon has the soundtrack available and it confirms the appearance of these two characters (only click if you want to know):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FGLK2QK/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1380308133&sr=8-1

Killer Croc and Magpie

Music was composed by Christopher Drake who has done like all the DCAU movies and Injustice.

Some closeups of the season pass skins:

Posted Image

Earth 2, Long Halloween,Flashpoint, ThrillKiller, and Dark Knight of the Round Table.

Posted Image

First Appearance, Red Son, Noel (Bermejo), New 52(?), Blackest Night

So that's what, 15 different alternate suits for Batman in the game?  16 skins I guess if you count Bruce Wayne.

• Like 1

Some closeups of the season pass skins:

Posted Image

Earth 2, Long Halloween,Flashpoint, ThrillKiller, and Dark Knight of the Round Table.

Posted Image

First Appearance, Red Son, Noel (Bermejo), New 52(?), Blackest Night

So that's what, 15 different alternate suits for Batman in the game?  16 skins I guess if you count Bruce Wayne.

Not liking the selection of Batsuits compared to Batman: Arkham City's. Only two I like is the First Appearance and The Long Halloween. I made my list of Batsuits I wanted to see in Batman: Arkham Origins and the only one which might have made it is The New 52 one and it doesn't look good.

I've never understood the draw of different skins. It would be neat if they affected anything, or made a difference to his fighting style/available gadgets.

For me it's having a choice playing the look of your favourite Batman and the Batsuit.

• Like 1

Right but if they don't do anything, what does it matter?

It's the same way in a wrestling game.  It's like do you want to play as Crow Sting or Surfer Sting?  Or a fighting game, you can switch the colors of your fighter.  No it doesn't really change the game play of the character, but it's fun to change the color for some variation.  As a huge fan of the Batman Beyond show and comics, I think getting to play as Batman in the Beyond suit is pretty cool.

It's like what color do you want your Batman?  No they don't do anything, but it's fun to play with an alternate skin.  

• Like 1

Yeah, but do you really want a TDKRises skin where Batman turns into a whiny pussy?

I would've loved if the Dark Knight Returns skin in AC moved slower since he was older.

I'm also massivly dissappointed that the Batman 66 skin doesn't cause "POW! BAM! BOOF!" pop up bubbles.

• Like 3