DVDVR Message Board

NHL - March 2014

Dolfan in NYC

Dallas Star Rich Peverley had a heart attack on the bench during the Dallas-Columbus game today. 

He was thankfully revived in the ambulance.  They're reporting the first words he said to the doctor, "Can I get back in the game?"

This just in, Rich Peverley is more of a man than you. 

I know Gillis and Aquaman are tight, but if GMMG isn't fired this summer, I'd pull a Guy Boucher and be SHOCKED. This has been awful asset management, even if I liked the Luongo trade for what it was. Gillis painted himself into a corner and got what he could for him. But to go from Schneids and Luongo to neither in less than one year and Markstrom, Horvat, and Matthias is the return? Sheeeeeeit, partner, yo ass is done.

Dallas Star Rich Peverley had a heart attack on the bench during the Dallas-Columbus game today. 

He was thankfully revived in the ambulance.  They're reporting the first words he said to the doctor, "Can I get back in the game?"

This just in, Rich Peverley is more of a man than you. 

Scary Stuff. . .reading about it on the ESPN crawl is one thing, but that video is really scary, hopefully he'll make a full recovery

God I love the media. Lack basically in tears post-game saying "it's my fault" & guy in front of him keeps shoving the recorder in his face as he tries to turn away.

What a collapse. I guess people smarter than me are saying Tortorella will survive the purge but I can't see it.

Hearing Jiggs so happy last night made me happy. I can't remember the last time an NHL team scored 7 in a period. I recall the Danbury Trashers doing it to the Motor City Mechanics in the old UHL.

Mine eyes are made the fools:

2ND 15:38 VAN Alexandre Burrows (1) Wrist shot - ASST: Jason Garrison (25), Jordan Schroeder (3)

Edit: Don't worry, it evens out. Ryan Kesler's knee was destroyed.

Edit to the edit: Burrows with another! Henrik will have to lose his head as payment to the devil.

That was some all-time terrible refereeing there from Lehner getting bumped twice by Habs players on the tying goal & then no whistle when he had a 4 count with the puck in OT. And this is coming from someone with no bias to either team.

Factoid from the Red Wings/Maple Leafs game the other night:

The Red Wings have 11 players on their current roster that were on the roster for the Calder Cup championship last year with Grand Rapids.

Grand Rapids has 10 such players.

It's just unreal what's happened to Detroit with injuries this year.  Yeah, some of that is a by-product of getting old (though Datsyuk's two injuries were caused by dirty hits - including a vicious elbow that somehow didn't merit a suspension - and not necessarily age).  Going into that Maple Leafs game, Detroit had their top four centers (Z, Datsyuk, Weiss and Helm) out.  David Legwand, who wasn't even with the team 2 weeks ago, was playing center on the #1 line.  Brendan Smith, a defenseman for whom defense is a mystery, was playing left wing. 

The upside?  Since January 20th, Gus Nyquist is leading the NHL in goals.