DVDVR Message Board

NHL - March 2014

Dolfan in NYC

I'm not sure it's done either. Washington could still move one. Nashville could move a prospect if they really wanted to, although it's against type for them. There's still an outside, slim possibility of something happening in Ottawa though I doubt it. The Islanders might want one as part of a Vanek deal too.

Not to mention that we are supposed to want to flip Halak for more prospects. My goal is for us to have every first round pick in the 2015 draft.

• Like 1

BTW, today's Luongo trade is really full circle.

Florida trades Luongo to Vancouver for Todd Bertuzzi, Florida trades Todd Bertuzzi to Detroit for Shawn Matthias, Florida trades Shawn Matthias to Vancouver for Roberto Luongo.

• Like 3

This felt like there was much more action than the last few years. In no coincidence, the rental player price was significantly more reasonable.

Vanek to Montreal was really, really left field.

Also someone needs to tell Mike Gillis that he's not Rick Steiner and that beard thing isn't going to work for him.

In any other organization Snow would've been fired years ago, but with lunatic Wang he has a job for life. How can you be so incompetent that you are unable to win with Johnny Hockey?

Sounds like Florida is going to spend a bunch of money in the off-season.  Hopefully they do it right because I'd like guys like Huberdeau and Barkov to realize their potential. 

I could also see Luongo getting moved again now that Gillis isn't involved and a chunk of his contract is paid for.  He sounded pretty bummed out about going to a team with nothing to play for.  He's probably going to get lit up.

I was under the impression that Luongo wanted to come back. I know a lot of Panther fans are over the moon at getting Luongo back but I'm not sure.

The Panthers are allegedly going to spend up to the cap but I'm sure it'll be like a few years ago where they overpay a ton of fringe 2nd liners and then try to trade them a couple years later. I'm not sure who will be out there for free agency (Gaborik?) but I doubt there will be anyone who would be a major game changer for the club.

In any other organization Snow would've been fired years ago, but with lunatic Wang he has a job for life. How can you be so incompetent that you are unable to win with Johnny Hockey?

Tavares isn't a pimple on the ass of Mario Lemieux who is probably the greatest offensive player in NHL history and Mario finished 5 of his first 6 seasons out of the playoffs back when 16 of 21 teams made it in

• Like 1