DVDVR Message Board

NHL - March 2014

Dolfan in NYC

GUYS!  THE BLUES AND THESABERSDID SOMethingIcan'teventry to careabout thistwoidiotteams...........

The short of it:  The Blues traded 90 guys for 90s days of Ryan Miller. 

That's one guy per day or 45 guys per probable playoff games won.

Lafontaine being put in a spot where he's asked to make the biggest trade the franchise has done in... I don't know, over a decade, then promptly out the door. That just seems to me like that doesn't make for good optics. Interesting to see what is said. I'm not sure Lafontaine really wanted to be in the GM seat long term though. Like Brian Burke only real.

Not to mention the rumors picking up that Ted Nolan is gonna get a long term contract? Hard to imagine it's just a coincidence that the President of Hockey Operations resigns if he was on board with that. Sounds like Pegula inserting himself into things and LaFontaine wanting no part of that.

Lafontaine being put in a spot where he's asked to make the biggest trade the franchise has done in... I don't know, over a decade, then promptly out the door. That just seems to me like that doesn't make for good optics. Interesting to see what is said. I'm not sure Lafontaine really wanted to be in the GM seat long term though. Like Brian Burke only real.

He wasn't the GM. Sucks when both of my favorite teams are trainwrecks. Never thought I'd see the day when I'm more optimistic about the Bills than the Sabres.

This is such a great visual with the snow but this is the closest thing to an unplayable field as possible.  With every shot of the puck you are taking mounds of snow with you and the visibility is close to nothing now

Man I hope they sell those Penguins hockey masks repping the Barry Foster 29.  Just incredible  :o

Oh shit Jim Cantorie is there.  Might see another 8 inches of snow then

This is basically the game that due to weather makes the argument of why allowing this to be more than a once a year gimmick is really unwise.

I stopped watching halfway in. It's just unwatchable. And that's with the fucking Blackhawks and the Penguins.

If this was Pegulia going to bat for Nolan then I understand it. Unless they just want to lose to get a top pick there is no reason to fire Nolan. No coach in recent memory gets more out of less than him.

It's kind of crazy to see Tegan & Sara perform in front of a stadium of people (even if those people are just nice Canadians at a hockey game), like it seems like a way too big and inappropriate place for them to be standing. And I say that as a conflicted fan, who in no way begrudges the girls for finding pop success after spending years playing every tiny ass place that would have them, but still kind of misses the old music. I call it the Liz Phair Rule.

I realize that should probably go in the Music forum, but I refuse to set foot in there. I don't want to risk having my opinions of people around here ruined, by finding out what their real taste in music is.

• Like 1

More goalie shuffling in Edmonton. Bryzgalov sent off to Minnesota for a fourth rounder (which is fine, he wasn't re-signing here anyway), and Viktor Fasth gained from Anaheim for a 3rd and 5th round pick. Scrivens/Fasth is a pretty off the board combo I suppose, but we'll see how that goes.

Also Dustin Penner got dealt from the Ducks to the Capitals for a fourth round pick, lol. That's got to be part one of a two stage move for a team in Anaheim's position in the standings.

Sigh.

They lost Luongo once, which was painful, and now he's coming back and it's excruciating.

Good for Markstrom though leaving this shithouse franchise. I hope Tallon brings back Weiss, Allen, and Olesz too.

My favorite teams have an uncanny knack for trading the only players on the team I like. Kulikov is probably on deck.