DVDVR Message Board

MARCH ANIMATED GIFS

RIPPA

1244566_o.gif

Still not sure what the better part of that was: the trumpeter losing his shit for Brock or the guitarist breaking the sound barrier with his 50 pound guitar running out of the ring when Eddy ran in.

• Like 2

gif_320x216_5edf42.gif

e6nlRmy.gif

9sBRUd7.gif

The amount of air that Okada gets on that dropkick amazes me every single time I've ever seen him do it.  There is one he hits on Tanahashi that looks like he is standing on his face for a split second that made me rewind about 50 times. 

WCW had the best refs.

I read at some point, somewhere, that the WWE had enacted a policy where the refs are supposed to be as inconspicuous as possible (refs aren't announced, booking doesn't involve them except for ref bumps, etc.).  It's just madness to me.  Say what you will about the Magnus vs AJ Styles match, but it had the moral-conscience-of-the-company-Earl-Hebner-isn't-going-to-take-this-shit-any-longer spot and it still works incredibly well.  The referee is an integral part of a wrestling match and a good ref is just as talented a performer as the wrestlers.  Refusing to let them perform one of the absolute worst parts of the WWE's numerous anti-entertainment policies.

WCW had the best refs.

I read at some point, somewhere, that the WWE had enacted a policy where the refs are supposed to be as inconspicuous as possible (refs aren't announced, booking doesn't involve them except for ref bumps, etc.).  It's just madness to me.  Say what you will about the Magnus vs AJ Styles match, but it had the moral-conscience-of-the-company-Earl-Hebner-isn't-going-to-take-this-shit-any-longer spot and it still works incredibly well.  The referee is an integral part of a wrestling match and a good ref is just as talented a performer as the wrestlers.  Refusing to let them perform one of the absolute worst parts of the WWE's numerous anti-entertainment policies.

There was a tiny moment on NXT the other day where Emma convinced the ref to dance for a second before he puffed his chest back up and was like 'NO I HAVE A SERIOUS JOB' that was fantastic and made me realize how starved I was for refs that are awesome.

• Like 1