DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I can't believe I forgot Major Gunns and Stacy in an evening gown match that ended with Stacy having stomach pains which was supposed to be the start of some kind of miscarriage angle if I'm remembering correctly.

So apparently Devitt worked an indy show in Scotland and won a title, then after the match said he was going to be a regular for this group.

http://www.gerweck.net/2014/03/31/prince-devitt-addresses-rumors-on-his-future-booker-t-appears-in-furniture-store-commercial/

Same show with the London balls out thing.

Wasn't Regal's match fought under "Marquis of Queensbury" rules? Either way, Master Regal is GREATLY disappointed in me because I thought there was a "t" in Duchess. FOR SHAME!

Edit #2: Regal fought Flair in WCW under "Marquis of Queensbury" rules, and fought Jericho in WWF under "Duchess of Queensbury" rules.

Edited by Dewar

So apparently Devitt worked an indy show in Scotland and won a title, then after the match said he was going to be a regular for this group.

http://www.gerweck.net/2014/03/31/prince-devitt-addresses-rumors-on-his-future-booker-t-appears-in-furniture-store-commercial/

Are Paul London's balls going to be a regular for them?

Errrr, a friend needs to know.

• Like 1

Wasn't Regal's match fought under "Marquis of Queensbury" rules? Either way, Master Regal is GREATLY disappointed in me because I thought there was a "t" in Duchess. FOR SHAME!

Edit #2: Regal fought Flair in WCW under "Marquis of Queensbury" rules, and fought Jericho in WWF under "Duchess of Queensbury" rules.

The "Marquis of Queensbury" set with Flair was a series of sprints represented as "rounds" (1 5-minute round per week) with Regal doing his best Billy Robinson tribute act throughout, culminating in a decisive (and longer) match as round 5.

The "Duchess of Queensbury" match was Regal meets Calvinball, as it primarily consisted of Regal making up rules on the spot to prevent himself from losing to Jericho, until he was finally able to heel out a win.

Are Paul London's balls going to be a regular for them?

Errrr, a friend needs to know.

http://www.insanewrestling.co.uk/

Keep "their" eyes focused there, I guess?

• Like 1

Ahh, ICW, didnt notice it was them, Ive watched a bit of their online show and it seemed mostly Scotch dudes with Devitt as the only outsider.

Looks like they flew in Devitt, Sabu, London and the Sumerian Death Squad for their show.

Im a huge Devitt fan and would love to see him show up in WWE, not sure what they would do with him mind, but he has a great look.

Yeah, I can't wait for 3 minute Devitt matches without suplexes. (I actually used to be stoked when indy-ish dudes made WWE, but eh. I'm glad for his payday, but this isn't a blessing to pro wrestling.)

tna1.jpg

How long before TNA is doing "Empy Arena" matches but doesn't have to bother clearing out anyone beforehand?

Sigh (for many reasons)....

At a VERY quick glance, I thought this was another setting up for Mania, empty area photo.

I think one thing that's as old as the internet is people posting photos of empty-looking arenas without any kind of context (for instance.. was it taken an hour before the show? is it showing the off-camera side of the venue? etc), and a bunch of people immediately jumping on them as if they prove that some company or other is "dying". Not that I know anything about that photo, but I'm just wondering how you all are so certain.

Also I love the fact I just recognized Danshoku Dino by his ass crack.

Suddenly Davey Richards stomping on his face doesn't sound as terrible as it could have been.

2312_02_05.jpg

I want and do not want a gif of this shit.

imagine this is a gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAsPIzxaCps

and imagine it doesn't have the worst overdubbed commentary ever

"that is not de move you want de wrestler to be doing on you right now"

I've known about Dino for a while but I think that is the first full length match of his I've ever watched. Do his matches ever transcend the gimmick and get really good or does he usually just stick to the sexual harassment comedy stuff?

He actually does build the stuff into his matches in serious ones sometimes, but it's still always goofy because of what they are, but they treat it like real offense because of it being DDT. He can actually wrestle outright if he wanted to with none of the silly stuff, but there's no real point for him to do so.

http://www.wcwworldwide.com/post/78446840143/wwe-network-wcw19

Here's a list to check out regarding best/worst WCW things to check out on the Network. Bash at the Beach 2000 is my recommendation regarding the most Russo Russo-show.

It's New Blood Rising in my opinion. The Goldberg/Nash/Steiner three-way with Goldberg being "unprofessional" b/c he doesn't want to take the jacknife and Steiner and Nash having to "improvise" a finish is about as Russo as you can get. And who can forget about Judy Bagwell on a Forklift and Lance Storm losing about 20 different falls to Mike Awesome but winning the match b/c it's under Canadian Rules?

Also, the pay-per-view is named after a stable that broke up before the show....

Props to Cristobal for referencing Calvinball.