DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I've heard it's quite high. And avoid the SHIMMER after-parties at all cost. I've heard a mutual pal of ours Jerome Cusson bring this up.

That's funny because the reason I brought it up is because I saw Victoria/Tara's restaurant is having an after party. And the reason I knew that is because I was thinking of checking that place out this weekend since it's not far from my house.

It's too bad, I've watched a couple of shows and the wrestling is solid. I don't want to go by myself if it's perv central, and even though my wife would probably dig the show, I don't want to have to start stabbing dudes in the face for excessive leering.

Can't Prazak do back ground checks or something?

No Jae seriously go. Do a report. You can meet Cibernetico there, he'll tell you about Tara's shoe size and suchlike.

• Like 6

I like Zack. 

lol

I think he's a guy people want to root for. But the WWE has shown if you try to get yourself over with out their help you will pay for it. The WWE is a weird place. They constantly say they want guys who will reach for the brass ring on their own and when someone does he ends up like Zack Ryder.

Zack Ryder did touch the brass ring. But you see the problem is he couldn't hold on because his hand was slick with vaseline

• Like 1

Zack Ryder did touch the brass ring. But you see the problem is he couldn't hold on because his hand was slick with vaseline

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?!??! HAHAHAHAHAAAAA*

*This happened in real life.

• Like 1

Wow, how can you not do this?

Saturday, April 12th: The Squared Circle Party Bus to SHIMMER vol. 63-64 at the Berwyn Eagles Club!

For $34, you'll be a part of the following epic SHIMMER journey:

12 PM - Depart from The Squared Circle (2418 N Ashland Ave. Chicago, IL) for the Rodeway Inn (8640 Ogden Ave Lyons, IL 60534). Stop briefly to pick up people at the hotel, then continue to the Berwyn Eagles' Club (6309 W. 26th St., Berwyn, IL 60402).

9 PM - Pick up at the Berwyn Eagles Club and head back to The Squared Circle

TBD - Depart The Squared Circle and return to The Rodeway Inn

You'll also receive an exclusive SHIMMER/#TeamSquaredCircle party bus t-shirt only printed once to commemorate the occasion, thanks to our good friends at OneHourTees.com.

I suppose you could test it out with the AAW party bus this weekend.

Despite my protests that every stupid angle on Greys Anatomy and Neighbours has been done on WWE and better, my wife still refuses to watch it. Strangely, hates the promos, prefers the in ring stuff.

Started watching the Countdown shows on the Network last night. Was more interested in watching it then.

BTW, since I posted the Heiden-rape scene before, I couldn't not link my two favourite Heidenreich moments.

Snitsky Meets Heidenreich

http://dai.ly/x6u32r

Might just be my favourite wrestling segment.  Heidenreich's confusing emphasis on the word 'jacket' ("Come back with my JACKET!"), the grunting, the line "I like what you do to babies".

Unfortunately, I can't currently find their other great moment, when Heidenreich was going to be in a casket match and Snitsky came up to him and said "I hear you don't like caskets" to which Heidenreich replied "Like them? I hate caskets."  I actually really miss Snitsky and Heidenreich being on my TV every week.

• Like 1

I've been to both AAW shows and Shimmer shows in Berwyn, and the crowds are equally awful but for different reasons. AAW is full of super smarky douches that spend the entire night trying to get dumb chants to catch on. Shimmer shows are full of dudes that may as well be wearing t shirts that say 'Id rather be masturbating'. A few years ago a dude in sweat pants, a home made Daizee Haze t shirt, and the John Cena US Title scolded me because I was 'talking, not watching'. Despite all that, Shimmer can be an ok time because at least the crowd that goes are all really in to the show as opposed to trying to get themselves over.

Lastly, I don't know if my experience is unique, but some of the shimmer shows I have been to ran super long. Like, not quite IWA: MS long, but long enough where I always thought about leaving before the main or regretting it in the morning.

I've heard it's quite high. And avoid the SHIMMER after-parties at all cost. I've heard a mutual pal of ours Jerome Cusson bring this up.

That's funny because the reason I brought it up is because I saw Victoria/Tara's restaurant is having an after party. And the reason I knew that is because I was thinking of checking that place out this weekend since it's not far from my house.

It's too bad, I've watched a couple of shows and the wrestling is solid. I don't want to go by myself if it's perv central, and even though my wife would probably dig the show, I don't want to have to start stabbing dudes in the face for excessive leering.

You'll definitely be around some super creepy dudes, the ones that insist they aren't that type of fan, take it very very seriously and mock anyone who does not like women's wrestling. And from what I've seen/heard the meet and greets during the intermission are a big cluster and the regulars treat the after party as the best thing ever cause they hang out with their favorite wrestlers. Plus stuff like dudes taking chops from the wrestlers was happening a few years back.

Lastly, I don't know if my experience is unique, but some of the shimmer shows I have been to ran super long. Like, not quite IWA: MS long, but long enough where I always thought about leaving before the main or regretting it in the morning.

Long enough to get material for two DVDs.

I don't know if it's calmed down a bit but the issues were when the after parties were at Paisan's in Berwyn which isn't far from the Eagles Club. That said, the Squared Circle is a much smaller venue than Paisan's and Tara is a great hostess. My first visit was during the NXT Arrival show and there weren't many people there. But with SHIMMER drawing an international crowd and creeps, I don't feel comfortable going to the shows, much less the after parties. I'm not trying to dissuade you as the food at Squared Circle is pretty good.  

BTW, since I posted the Heiden-rape scene before, I couldn't not link my two favourite Heidenreich moments.

Snitsky Meets Heidenreich

http://dai.ly/x6u32r

Might just be my favourite wrestling segment.  Heidenreich's confusing emphasis on the word 'jacket' ("Come back with my JACKET!"), the grunting, the line "I like what you do to babies".

Unfortunately, I can't currently find their other great moment, when Heidenreich was going to be in a casket match and Snitsky came up to him and said "I hear you don't like caskets" to which Heidenreich replied "Like them? I hate caskets."  I actually really miss Snitsky and Heidenreich being on my TV every week.

Heidenreich was suppose to be at the Powerslam Productions/Wrestling Outreach "Don't Call it a comeback" show in Picayune MS about 2 weeks ago. But he no-showed it. Was told there is a long story behind him not being there. But they still had Ted Dibiase Jr and Luke Hawx.Plus they played a video of Tully Blachard preaching for 10 minutes.

I don't understand why someone would go to a wrestling show for creepy reasons unless Magnus is on the card.

Everything gets creepy when people get too far into it.

You mean like how far I want to get into Magnus?

...I'm really, really sorry.

• Like 2

I don't understand why someone would go to a wrestling show for creepy reasons unless Magnus is on the card.

Everything gets creepy when people get too far into it.

You mean like how far I want to get into Magnus?

...I'm really, really sorry.

You should be. It's not natural. It's an abomination toward God. It's shameful and disgusting. I mean honestly Big Fresh...he works for TNA. You could do better.

• Like 7

I think you all have given more thought about Zack Ryder in the last day then the WWE has in the last two years combined. You have to admire Zack as mentioned before. He could easily just be like other guys on the roster and cost and not try to poke his head up and keep collection easy pay checks. But he's trying his darndest to get noticed again.

I like Zack. I think he's a guy people want to root for. But the WWE has shown if you try to get yourself over with out their help you will pay for it. The WWE is a weird place. They constantly say they want guys who will reach for the brass ring on their own and when someone does he ends up like Zack Ryder.

I really hate that "WWE punished Zack for getting over" meme. I think they started rewarding him for getting over, but something else happened. Didn't someone say that backstage Zack was his own worst enemy or something like that?

I really hate that "WWE punished Zack for getting over" meme. I think they started rewarding him for getting over, but something else happened. Didn't someone say that backstage Zack was his own worst enemy or something like that?

Watching that video it's pretty clear to me that this is the case.

Brainwashed Mike Davis as Dusty Rhodes

I've seen a lot of stupid Kevin Sullivan stuff, but this fits into that small pile of really awesome stuff he did with that devil worshipper/cult leader gimmick.

Zack, much like his buddy Dolph were/are vocal about the level of their push. Rumors indicate that this gives them heat. Of course I'm guessing they would be in the same position on the card if they kept their mouths shut and those they have heat with preach the importance of speaking up and not taking no for an answer.

I remember from Hollys book, he wrote about how in order to get ahead you need a big player in creative enamored with you. With a guy like Ryder certain, not all, crowds were really feeling him but creative had no idea what to do with it.

I witnessed Rydermania first hand at Survivor Series11 at MSG. He was easily the third most over guy after Punk and Rock before a super vocal crowd. I don't know how at the very least you don't turn that into a few years of sell outs at the Nassau Coliseum.

On the subject of AAW, has anyone else checked out their new TV show?  The first three episodes are up on YouTube.  It was about what I expected:  A lot of ROH-style action.  The main focus has been the Silas Young-Eddie Kingston feud and there hasn't been much emphasis on the main title so far.

The "something else" that happened was that once he was given a little leeway he was exposed as being, I think the technical term is, dog shit turrible

• Like 4