DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

If I may get back to Nattie, I'm watching the Main Event match now, and her facials just scream "heel" to me.  She always seems to have that Funky Winkerbean-ish smirk going on.

A smirk as if she farted and is just waiting for someone else to notice and react negatively?

• Like 2

And while I'm not saying he's not an incredible worker, I really have to throw out the big knock against him.  

He was never, ever an effective heel.  The only two "heel" runs he had I can think of were Wolfpac Rey and Filthy Animals Rey.   Neither of which were anything above horrible. 

Steamboat was never a heel. He should have never been a heel. 

Also he was never in the Wolfpac.

I think you mean the Latino World Order.  However, Rey never did anything heelish with them, even though I'm pretty sure he was the last guy left wearing the shirt once the lWo imploded.

TNA is pimping the return of a former Knockout champion live on Impact tonight. Former Knockout champions not currently on the roster are Awesome Kong, Mickey James, Tara, Angelina Love, Taylor Wilde, and Winter. Taylor retired and I think Kong and Tara have said they will never return to TNA. If that's true, that would leave Mickey James, Angelina Love, and Winter as possibilities. This being TNA, that means that the former Knockout champion showing up will be Miss Tessmacher, who has been off TV for a few months, but is still listed on the roster

Just about to watch Paige/Emma for the first time. Is Emma's dancing meant to be silly? Or is she trying to be cool?

Or is it even possible anymore to not be doing something potentially goofy without being "ironic"? As in, if fans like it then it was intended -- but if they don't, it was some kind of parody?  (Santino can do it, but I think he's a special comedic talent in rasslin right now.)

Emma's dance is meant to be silly.  Like, she's kinda vapid and thinks she can dance, but she's an uncoordinated goof.  Her ring entrance is the same.  Her act is very much better served for the smaller, intimate audience like NXT.  It seems to be dying a death on Raw, because if you aren't familiar with her, it's like "Oh, another dumb broad who can't work", when in reality, she's actually really dang good.

Emma's good in the ring, they just really need to get her the fuck away from Santino.  And they should've regrown the gimmick organically on the main roster like they did on NXT instead of jumping right in.  I'd wager this is close to the last time they would need to reboot someone so long as the Network keeps running NXT (and the TV Shows pimp it as something to watch).

• Like 1

So, if the Shield is still breaking up, would they have Ambrose recast the two other guys with look-alikes? Might be kind of funny. Give him Camacho and Corey Graves (with hair dye) and have Ambrose insist that since he was the leader of the Shield, he decides who's Shield and who isn't.

TNA is pimping the return of a former Knockout champion live on Impact tonight. Former Knockout champions not currently on the roster are Awesome Kong, Mickey James, Tara, Angelina Love, Taylor Wilde, and Winter. Taylor retired and I think Kong and Tara have said they will never return to TNA. If that's true, that would leave Mickey James, Angelina Love, and Winter as possibilities. This being TNA, that means that the former Knockout champion showing up will be Miss Tessmacher, who has been off TV for a few months, but is still listed on the roster

It is. She's changed to her real name on all of her social media and keeps making #changeiscoming hashtags and stuff like that

I'm at the point where I don't think you have the SHIELD breakup. You keep building the tension, leading to the triple threat at mania. They have teh match, it's awesome, and at the end, the SHIELD reconcile. Assuming Bryan wins the title, him having some allies could work. Trips in a fit of rage tries to put everyone in his hand against Bryan: SHIELD, Wyatts, BAtista, Orton, etc. But the SHIELD turn face on the first Raw after Mania fighting off the Wyatt family. You go from there, potentially with a face turned Cesaro. For the record, if I'm fantasy booking Mania, Cesaro wins the Andre battle royal, last eliminating Big Show, and play off of that.

Taylor Wilde said on Twitter yesterday that she'd consider coming back for "a good contract with some guarantees". I'm gonna guess Angelina Love out of the choices

Taylor Wilde said on Twitter yesterday that she'd consider coming back for "a good contract with some guarantees". I'm gonna guess Angelina Love out of the choices

Over the weekend, Dixie Carter and the TNA Twitter account followed Angelina Love.  ...so...it could likely be...any of the above.

The recent stuff with Kane has made me think they're going to do a Shield face turn.  At Wrestlemania they can have Ambrose defend the US title against Kane (possibly on the preshow) and have Rollins and Reigns in some mulit-team match for the tag titles.  Since Bray obviously isn't going to go over Cena, the match will likely end with the Wyatts all whaling on Cena, at which point the Shield come out from the crowd to fight them off seeing as how they have unfinished business or whatever.  Blowoff Extreme Rules match.

Sooner or later the Shield breakup will be inevitable. So since we clearly need more Paul Heyman in our lives and Lesnar is only a part-timer, what would you think of Roman Reigns, newest Paul Heyman guy?

I wouldn't mind seeing the Shield in the battle royal, teasing dissension before uniting to somehow turn it into a group win. Then, the Hounds of Justice stop Kane from interfering in Daniel Bryan-HHH. At some point post-Wrestlemania, we get the unlikely ten-man tag match of the Wyatts, Kane, and Batista vs the Shield, John Cena, and Daniel Bryan. And the Shield finally comes apart when all three of them are in the MITB ladder match and one of them can't resist the temptation of screwing one of his brothers to get the title shot.