DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Poor poor Ted Tanabe.

Die the same day as Misawa - no one notices

People talk about great refs and no one cares about you

Ted Tanabe is dead?!

Yup - the day after Misawa died, Tanabe had a heart attack while referring the main event match for Osaka Pro and then passed away the next morning.

Obviously - with all the Misawa stuff almost no one saw it

Seriously, Phil?  We discuss this, I throw out JOE MOTHERFUCKING HIGUCHI and you no-sell it?

Why do you hate Joe, Phil?  Why?

According to his twitter, Linda McMahon is going to induct Warrior into the HoF

If it's just to slap her ass as she's walking away, it would be totally worth it.

Well that settles it, I'm watching the HOF live on the Network just hoping this happens.

Woohyah!

Because of our tropes, please forgive me if this sounds hideous, but I sincerely am curious about Matt Frewer's ability to pull off a missile dropkick. Like, if the WWF in the mid-80s were to have tried pulling off the guest host gimmick for Tuesday Night Titans, I could imagine Frewer being one to try some crazy ass spot like that.

Did Steve DiSalvo/Steve Strong ever get a WWF tryout? He definitely had Vince's "look". I think if they put him with the right manager, he could've been huge. As an unstoppable monster heel, then as a Warrior-esque face after turning on said manager and his stable.  

Because of our tropes, please forgive me if this sounds hideous, but I sincerely am curious about Matt Frewer's ability to pull off a missile dropkick. Like, if the WWF in the mid-80s were to have tried pulling off the guest host gimmick for Tuesday Night Titans, I could imagine Frewer being one to try some crazy ass spot like that.

Isn't he like 7 ft. 4 and 120 pounds?  Maybe just have him do judo chops.

Did Steve DiSalvo/Steve Strong ever get a WWF tryout? He definitely had Vince's "look". I think if they put him with the right manager, he could've been huge. As an unstoppable monster heel, then as a Warrior-esque face after turning on said manager and his stable.  

He worked a couple matches as a heel in August '87 that I assume were tryouts.

So, in fecking around on the WWE Roster page, I found it funny that Los Matadors are listed, as well as the Colons... seperatley.  Also funny is Hunico and Sin Cara listed.

I know its been updated, because Hogan is back on the roster page.  But funny thing... Punk hasn't been removed yet.

LET THE CONSPIRICY RUMBLINGS COMMENCE!

The Judo Chop is a move that needs to come back in Pro Wrestling. Someone should work an Anti-MMA gimmick where their big knock out finisher is a Judo Chop. Clearly I am hoping for Double J Double M A to do this in his new rasslin company with Toby Keith.

The Judo Chop is a move that needs to come back in Pro Wrestling. Someone should work an Anti-MMA gimmick where their big knock out finisher is a Judo Chop. Clearly I am hoping for Double J Double M A to do this in his new rasslin company with Toby Keith.

Some fat guy can feud with Santino and wear a pig-shaped sock on his hand to perform a Pork Chop finishing maneuver. Then, being a fat guy in WWE, he can be enticed to turn face by the opportunity to dance with Emma.

Some fat guy can feud with Santino and wear a pig-shaped sock on his hand to perform a Pork Chop finishing maneuver. Then, being a fat guy in WWE, he can be enticed to turn face by the opportunity to dance with Emma.

We got a new gimmick for Albert!

• Like 1