DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I wonder what happened to CM Punk's tour bus. I like to think he gave it to AJ and now her and all the others divas travel around in it and solve mysteries and whatnot.

Kinda creepy that AJ's new shirt looks like one of Punk's old shirt.

Khali and David Otunga are still on the roster, so no, he isn't the worst.

Khali's match with Ryback was better than Fandango's matches with Dust and Cody.
But do you honestly think Khali is better than Fandango? I'm not convinced Khali is better than Giant Gonzalez.

I never saw Flair's miracle carry job of Gonzalez, but I can't imagine it was better than Khali vs. Cena in '07.

On the other hand, Khali could actually move in '07...

'07 Cena > '91 Flair

[uSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

• Like 5

I'm watching Cena/Rock part 1 on the Network. I forgot how much these two potato each other throughout the match. I also forgot how much I loved this match. 

But then I remember how much I hated Cena/Rock II the following year. 

I can't think of a more disparate reaction I've had between two matches with the same guys in them. 

I'm watching Cena/Rock part 1 on the Network. I forgot how much these two potato each other throughout the match. I also forgot how much I loved this match. 

But then I remember how much I hated Cena/Rock II the following year. 

I can't think of a more disparate reaction I've had between two matches with the same guys in them. 

What's the maximum time allowed between matches? Because if there's no statute, I have to go with Hogan/Warrior '98. Not that the first was a technical classic, but hoooooooly shit

• Like 1

I updated my website with some additional WCW & WWE Contracts if anyone is curious.

https://sites.google.com/site/chrisharrington/mookieghana-prowrestlingstatistics/wwe_contracts

Corporate Officers (SEC Filings): Shane McMahon, Vince McMahon, Linda McMahon, Paul Levesque (Triple H), Stephanie McMahon, Jim Ross

Booking Contracts from Lawsuits: Brock Lesnar (2003), Chris Kanyon (2002), Mike Sanders (2001), Raven (2000), Ultimate Warrior (1987), Ultimate Warrior (1992), Ultimate Warrior (1996), Jeremy Borash, Sonny Onoo

Good companion material to the new Fighting Spirit Magazine article (Issue 104) all about the Ultimate Warrior-WWE lawsuit(s) by Bix.

so if the site of the citizenship ceremony means anything, The Great Khali is now a Texan. Or at least Texan Great Khali would be a fun time for everybody. Khali goes from Indian to Cowboy. Wears a hat and a giant belt buckle

screen-shot-2012-01-09-at-12-27-00-pm.pn

jwykl1.jpg

so if the site of the citizenship ceremony means anything, The Great Khali is now a Texan. Or at least Texan Great Khali would be a fun time for everybody. Khali goes from Indian to Cowboy. Wears a hat and a giant belt buckle

screen-shot-2012-01-09-at-12-27-00-pm.pn

jwykl1.jpg

It's a disgrace that Jimmy Wang Yang never once cut a promo. Talk about half-assing a gimmick.

Christian won't be challenging Big E. for the IC title tonight on Main Event, according to WWE.com. They didn't give a reason, either.

According the The Main Event talking heads he suffered a concussion in the match last night. 

Story from Hooks earlier

which led to little Haley ending up being changed into a John Cena onesie when it was bedtime when we all got together for Xmas.

Nice!  Too bad it wasn't the super cool Brock onesie that has the "Eat, Sleep, Poop, Repeat" on the front

• Like 3

Anyone watched the documentary -  Card Subject To Change?  Pretty good so far.  They paint Kevin Sullivan as a pretty likeable kind of guy in his post WCW days.

I enjoyed it very much even though it made me pretty sad during the Trent Acid parts. If that guy had his life together he could have easily gotten a run in the WWE at some point. Shame how his story ended.

• Like 1

Khali and David Otunga are still on the roster, so no, he isn't the worst.

Khali's match with Ryback was better than Fandango's matches with Dust and Cody.

But do you honestly think Khali is better than Fandango? I'm not convinced Khali is better than Giant Gonzalez.

Yes and that the only defense Fandango has is being better than Khalli, shows how much he sucks. 

HHH/Randy Orton (LMS No Mercy 07 vs. WM 25)

Also, random observation... I was looking through the old NXT show lineups (when it was a competition), and although the winners flamed out big time, each of the first three seasons gave us a top tier star. The worked voting really couldn't have been much worse for picking future stars.

Season 1: Wade Barrett - Daniel Bryan 

Season 2: Kaval - Husky Harris/Bray Wyatt

Season 3: Kaitlyn - AJ

Season 4 continued the trend of retrospectively terrible winners (Johnny Curtis), but no one worth a damn came from that show either.