DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I would love to see a movie about Meng/Haku's life, but I doubt there's anyone badass and savage enough to play him.

I think Camacho could do his dad justice by playing him. At least, then he can stop pretending to be Mexican and be his badass Tongan self.

WWE is usually really good at.protecting dudes finishing moves. So why do Show and Batista still do the spear as a near fall move when Roman Reigns uses it as a finish? Same question with Dolph using the Fameasser while Billy Gunn is around.

so if the site of the citizenship ceremony means anything, The Great Khali is now a Texan. Or at least Texan Great Khali would be a fun time for everybody. Khali goes from Indian to Cowboy. Wears a hat and a giant belt buckle

And racist Texans all over the state just shuddered, as not one shit kicking redneck would ever have the sack to fuck with Khali.

I want a pic of Khali at the Alamo with Kinky Friedman on his shoulders.

And wrestling wise, Khali can now replace Cesaro in Real Americans eventually.

• Like 1

WWE is usually really good at.protecting dudes finishing moves. So why do Show and Batista still do the spear as a near fall move when Roman Reigns uses it as a finish? Same question with Dolph using the Fameasser while Billy Gunn is around.

I think it has to do with the whole "paying dues" bullshit that the lockerroom still has. I think in any other medium a performer would recognize the potential 1 move could do for a person, and drop it. I mean, no body in the crowd is going crazy when Show or Batista use it, so why do they need it?

so if the site of the citizenship ceremony means anything, The Great Khali is now a Texan. Or at least Texan Great Khali would be a fun time for everybody. Khali goes from Indian to Cowboy. Wears a hat and a giant belt buckle

screen-shot-2012-01-09-at-12-27-00-pm.pn

• Like 6

I wonder what happened to CM Punk's tour bus. I like to think he gave it to AJ and now her and all the others divas travel around in it and solve mysteries and whatnot.

I would watch this show.

• Like 2

I wonder what happened to CM Punk's tour bus. I like to think he gave it to AJ and now her and all the others divas travel around in it and solve mysteries and whatnot.  

I really hate myself for sounding like a name-dropper, especially since I'm not because I barely know the guy in question, but it's a cool story anyway.  My cousin's father in law (his name is Larry, so I don't have to keep referring to him as the father in law) was CM Punk's tour bus driver and for a long time drove Undertaker, and has also driven Big Show on and off. 

He has driven numerous rock stars and musicians and said that by a long shot, no client has ever come close to treating him as good as pro wrestlers have.  He actually struck up a friendship with The Undertaker.  My cousin and her husband have baby that's about 15 months, and Larry and Taker will often exchange text messages with pictures of Larry's granddaughter and Taker's young daughter.

He said anytime they stopped for food, Taker always bought him dinner and was always extremely appreciative of the work he put in.  He often gave Larry merch to take home, which led to the hilarious sight of my 70 year old aunt Kay walking around in a Undertaker T shirt. 

Back in December while Punk was still working  and WWE did a house show in Indianapolis, my cousin's husband had a night with nothing to do while my cousin was working, so he took Haley, the baby in question, to Bankers Life Fieldhouse to see grandpa.  He was welcomed backstage with Larry and apparently my little baby cousin made herself at home, running up to everyone and gathering quite a bit of attention from everyone.  They had some crates of baby merch and handed over a bunch, which led to little Haley ending up being changed into a John Cena onesie when it was bedtime when we all got together for Xmas.

I guess the overall point here is, again, he has nothing but good things to say about the people he has driven for and WWE in general, saying they have always treated him great. 

• Like 20

I would watch this show.

Show? I assumed that's just what they do in general.

• Like 1