DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Ambrose interview here:

I probably don’t have any more of a bigger following on the Internet than anybody else does, I just probably have a stranger one. I don’t know where that comes from.

Being a little too convincing while playing a creepy sociopath on the indys, maybe?

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that Jon Moxley will probably eventually get a strong babyface push.  It just seems wrong.

I don't know what's better, Cesaro's facial expressions or the fact that it's so amazingly obvious that Hogan has no idea who he is.

This was wonderful. My only gripe with your post is that you did not introduce him as "Currently Reigning March Madness Champion Cesaro."

We need a filter!

http://www.wwe.com/classics/badass-wrestler-stories-26102385/page-3

I am sure everyone else here has read these, but the Haku story is worth another read. If it ain't real, I don't want to live in this world anymore:

It all started out innocently, with Sullivan and Haku searching for a place to grab a six-pack to take back to their hotel. With all of the area liquor stores closed, they headed to the nearest tavern to buy some brewskis.

“There was a guy in there that was playing pool,” Sullivan said. “We weren’t locals, so he saw us and called Meng a real derogatory word that you shouldn’t use.”

That’s when things took a turn for the unbelievable.

“The next thing I know is that Meng goozles the guy like Mr. Spock,” Sullivan said. “It was fast and furious. He then grabbed another guy who tried to get involved and knocked him unconscious.”

Sullivan still can’t believe what he saw next.

“Meng bit through the guy’s shirt like a wolf, bit a chunk out of the guy’s back, then spit it on the floor,” he said. “I said, ‘It’s time to go.’ ”

I'm curious what you can point to as an example of the Shield and the Wyatts "adapting pretty well on the fly".

For the Shield, and least for Bray, the things they say in and around the ring are the best examples of them making something better on the spot. Whether it's trash talk, encouragement to their team, or just their reactions to what's happening around them, all four of those guys show a knack for being able stay in character during non-scripted situations (and usually improving them).

I'm curious what you can point to as an example of the Shield and the Wyatts "adapting pretty well on the fly".

For the Shield, and least for Bray, the things they say in and around the ring are the best examples of them making something better on the spot. Whether it's trash talk, encouragement to their team, or just their reactions to what's happening around them, all four of those guys show a knack for being able stay in character during non-scripted situations (and usually improving them).

Yeah, think about that fancam where Harper is sneaking up behind Ambrose, and the kid starts yelling "Dean! Dean!" (which, btw, is how you know he is a Face -- if a little kid cares to protect him from bad guys, then he is for sure a good guy).

Ambrose responded to the kid's yelling and played along with Harper. I thought it was a great moment.

Not trying to discredit any of that, because I agree that it makes everything a hell of a lot more interesting from an in-ring perspective for some, but didn't it come out a few months ago that Vince was now telling most talent to actually talk/verbally express emotion while wrestling? I'm thinking that was in response to groups like The Shield and the Wyatts doing exactly that and it coming across really well on television.

I would love to see a movie about Meng/Haku's life, but I doubt there's anyone badass and savage enough to play him.

I think Camacho could do his dad justice by playing him. At least, then he can stop pretending to be Mexican and be his badass Tongan self.

WWE is usually really good at.protecting dudes finishing moves. So why do Show and Batista still do the spear as a near fall move when Roman Reigns uses it as a finish? Same question with Dolph using the Fameasser while Billy Gunn is around.

so if the site of the citizenship ceremony means anything, The Great Khali is now a Texan. Or at least Texan Great Khali would be a fun time for everybody. Khali goes from Indian to Cowboy. Wears a hat and a giant belt buckle

And racist Texans all over the state just shuddered, as not one shit kicking redneck would ever have the sack to fuck with Khali.

I want a pic of Khali at the Alamo with Kinky Friedman on his shoulders.

And wrestling wise, Khali can now replace Cesaro in Real Americans eventually.

• Like 1