DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I cheer Von Erichs, why would I not want to be like the Von Erichs

Ahhh where to start...well, the Von Erich's story doesn't have the happiest of endings....

Nah, he must be talking about Waldo's side of the family.

With Gorilla Monsoon and now Michael Cole always saying things like "Wrestler A  just hit Wrestler B with his PATENTED move", I always thought it would be funny for a guy to try to sue another guy for using a move they "patented".

With Gorilla Monsoon and now Michael Cole always saying things like "Wrestler A  just hit Wrestler B with his PATENTED move", I always thought it would be funny for a guy to try to sue another guy for using a move they "patented".

Would that be taken to wrestlers' court?

Would that be taken to wrestlers' court?

Jake Roberts would be a billionaire if he sued everyone that ever used a DDT.

When I was a kid, I always wanted there to be a cocky heel wrestler whose gimmick was that he was so good at wrestling, his finishing move was always his opponents "patented move", because he would inevitably be better at applying it than whomever had spent years perfecting it. I think Eugene is the closest that they've ever gotten to using the idea. 

When I was a kid, I always wanted there to be a cocky heel wrestler whose gimmick was that he was so good at wrestling, his finishing move was always his opponents "patented move", because he would inevitably be better at applying it than whomever had spent years perfecting it. I think Eugene is the closest that they've ever gotten to using the idea. 

That was (sort of) Damien 666's gimmick in Japan.  He would yell out a wrestler's name and then do the signature move.

Not a lawsuit, but I remember a feud between Brian Kendrick and Jimmy Jacobs involved Kendrick complaining Jacobs had stolen the Sliced Bread #2 (or the Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-Select-Start, as Jacobs called it.)