DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

It also occurs to me that this episode may never get on the network, even though it was really good, because there's a bizarre vignette about them vaselining up their hands to shove something up the bare ass of a naked Flair they've talked into getting onto a table in all fours -- and a young Piper walks in, says hello, turns around, and walks out.

It was Dusty helping Flair shove hemorrhoids the size of golf balls back into his asshole with the aid of vaseline.

I like my version better. :lol:

I'm not sure where the idea of Ryder being a bad worker came from. He's bigger than people think, has a nice vertical, good timing and people get into his matches in the live events I've seen him on. I think the story was that here was a 6-man with him, bryan, and punk in the main event and the segment drew a low rating, and even though punk's ratings were never super-strong, Ryder took the blame. If he stays patient, they'll find something for him to do. See also; Axel, Curtis...

• Like 1

I'm still waiting to see anything from Axel and I see something in pretty much everyone on the main roster. He's across the board average. And while we may view him as a young talent who is yet to fully develop the guy is hitting 35 this year. He reeks of being someones abandoned pet project.

• Like 1

Well, not all veterans are likely to be helpful, so maybe guys have learned not to ask.

I've heard a story that Jimmy Jacobs once asked Bobby Heenan for advice. His response was something along the lines of, "Get all the pussy you can, 'cause you're going nowhere."

Where'd he wind up going? I hope he at least took Heenan's advice along the way.

I feel like Axel would make an acceptable fake next generation Anderson, if we didn't know who his father was. He has the hairline for it.

Perfect tag guy. Team with some other guy with a beard and make them Evil Lumberjacks. They can finish with the Doomsday Device and shout "TIMBERRRRRRRR" as it's happening. 

• Like 1

Curtis Axel is a much better face than a heel.  He sells good and has a fiery comeback.  As a heel, he just makes goofy faces and yells for no reason.  He doesn't really come off as heelish, he just seems a little retarded.

Might as well face it, the genesis of the start of the beginning of Mac Gillicutty probably isn't going to happen in WWE.

• Like 1

Curtis Axel is a much better face than a heel.  He sells good and has a fiery comeback.  As a heel, he just makes goofy faces and yells for no reason.  He doesn't really come off as heelish, he just seems a little retarded.

Might as well face it, the genesis of the start of the beginning of Mac Gillicutty probably isn't going to happen in WWE.

Fine, well-intentioned lumberjacks.

Fine, well-intentioned lumberjacks.

Time for Big Josh Jr.!

Fuck. Not again.

Thank GOD no one actually watched early 90s WCW or five times as many people would have hung that name on me in high school.

You are now known as Big Josh Jr. At least your name isn't Dave-- then your greatest fear would be the moniker "Evad."

Also God help me had Regal v1.0 in WWF existed in the early 90s. As it was I got that one pretty good from my fellow wrestling nerd friends.

That said, if I ever need entrance music that's gonna HAVE to be my go-to.

This is my interview with Del "The Patriot" Wilkes. I am doing a second part on Friday. He had a lot of good insights about working in All Japan, WCW and the WWF. He also tells some good stories about Stan Hansen, Steve Austin and Kawada. 
  • Like 1

Fuck. Not again.

Thank GOD no one actually watched early 90s WCW or five times as many people would have hung that name on me in high school.

You are now known as Big Josh Jr. At least your name isn't Dave-- then your greatest fear would be the moniker "Evad."

A couple people actually called me evad in high school, and at least one did so for the obvious reason.

Ryder's problem wasn't that his one main event 6 man tag rating came back bad.  His problem was that virtually every quarter hour featuring him showed a significant dip in viewers with very few exceptions (one of the times Kane destroyed him was a decent gainer, that's the only one I recall).  As much as the live crowd dug him the crowd watching at home consistently changed the channel when he was on worse than just about anyone else getting consistent tv time at the time.  They could have probably found a niche for him somewhere but his push was halted for very legitimate reasons.

Fuck. Not again.

A couple people actually called me evad in high school, and at least one did so for the obvious reason.l.

What was the reason the others would call you evad?