DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

So, has Tensai gone full time announcer, or just dropped the Tensai gimmick completly, since he announced on NXT last night using his real name, and they pointed it out.

So, has Tensai gone full time announcer, or just dropped the Tensai gimmick completly, since he announced on NXT last night using his real name, and they pointed it out.

I think he's gone full time announcer.

Pretty impressive job by Xavier Woods. By simply asking to borrow their entrance music for one night, he eventually managed to first split-up and then end the in-ring careers of both Tensai and Brodus Clay.

• Like 1

His real name is Matt Bloom. This is more a shout-out to the Albert gimmick as Jason Albert.

• Like 1

Pretty soon we're going to need to get a "The Purge~" thread going, because it looks like this will be a banner year for the post-WM firings. 

It's looking to include Brodus, Evan Bourne, Zeke, about 4 divas... and I'm gonna guess at least one or two of: Kofi Kingston, Alberto Del Rio, and Zack Ryder.

Apparently Matt Hardy's promotion got 2,000 people in the door the same weekend TNA struggled to get 1500 people in the doors for Lockdown. I am just amazed that they couldn't use a photo of Matt for the promo poster that doesn't make him look like a drug addict.

Was Matt ever brought into TNA? Seems like he'd be a logical fit for them, at least he seems like a name that could draw more than 400 fans to a house show. Or, is he tied up to a RoH contract.

The Hardys can pretty much go anywhere in the Carolinas or VA and draw huge.  I've announced two of the Omega revival shows and both drew great with one or both on top.  Very curious to see what the Hardys/Briscoes match draws next month.

I usually suck at the future endeavored threads because I see money in almost everyone on the roster. I sincerely believe they are underutilizing Kingston and Ryder because they fit more into a kid-oriented product.

The Zekes/Bournes probably have fairly low downside guarantees so it costs them next to nothing to keep them around.

It's been at least a couple of years since they did the big post-Wrestlemania purge, so who knows if that'll even happen now.

Matt Hardy was in TNA, but I believe they fired him for being unreliable. (No, really.)

If they'd renamed Tensai as Matt Albert, the jokes would have written themselves...

It's been at least a couple of years since they did the big post-Wrestlemania purge, so who knows if that'll even happen now.

Matt Hardy was in TNA, but I believe they fired him for being unreliable. (No, really.)

If they'd renamed Tensai as Matt Albert, the jokes would have written themselves...

If they can make a wwe/scooby doo movie, they can make a wwe/cosby kids movie.

• Like 3

Someone should start a thread called something like "Wow, I totally forgot he was in TNA!"

Honestly, I think the list of who *hasn't* been in TNA is shorter.

• Like 2

If his music doesn't start with a "Hey, hey, hey...it's Maaaaaaaaaaatttttt Albert" then I will be pissed.  

• Like 2

Stephanie McMahon is one of the main stories on the msn homepage right now.

This? What a dick move by Sonnen -- I don't care if he is BFFs with Punk.

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://http//msn.foxsports.com/ufc/haymaker/call-me-maybe-chael-sonnen-outs-stephanie-mcmahon-s-cell-number-during-an-interview-031314'>Call me maybe: Chael Sonnen outs Stephanie McMahon's cell number during an interview

But, but, but Stephanie is evillllll.