DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

It's been at least a couple of years since they did the big post-Wrestlemania purge, so who knows if that'll even happen now.

Matt Hardy was in TNA, but I believe they fired him for being unreliable. (No, really.)

If they'd renamed Tensai as Matt Albert, the jokes would have written themselves...

If they can make a wwe/scooby doo movie, they can make a wwe/cosby kids movie.

• Like 3

Someone should start a thread called something like "Wow, I totally forgot he was in TNA!"

Honestly, I think the list of who *hasn't* been in TNA is shorter.

• Like 2

It's been at least a couple of years since they did the big post-Wrestlemania purge, so who knows if that'll even happen now.

Matt Hardy was in TNA, but I believe they fired him for being unreliable. (No, really.)

If they'd renamed Tensai as Matt Albert, the jokes would have written themselves...

If his music doesn't start with a "Hey, hey, hey...it's Maaaaaaaaaaatttttt Albert" then I will be pissed.  

• Like 2

Stephanie McMahon is one of the main stories on the msn homepage right now.

This? What a dick move by Sonnen -- I don't care if he is BFFs with Punk.

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://http//msn.foxsports.com/ufc/haymaker/call-me-maybe-chael-sonnen-outs-stephanie-mcmahon-s-cell-number-during-an-interview-031314'>Call me maybe: Chael Sonnen outs Stephanie McMahon's cell number during an interview

But, but, but Stephanie is evillllll.

I know we don't discuss politics here any more, but apparently the Russian Duma is currently debating a bill that will outlaw "Russophobia". The jokes write themselves.

Just send Russo over to Russia then, they can have him.

• Like 2

Someone should start a thread called something like "Wow, I totally forgot he was in TNA!"

Honestly, I think the list of who *hasn't* been in TNA is shorter.

What about guys who seem like they SHOULD have been in TNA, but haven't.

Shelton Benjamin, Paul Burchill, Chris Masters?

And two holy grails for me have been found. 

Me and my buddy have been looking for these promos online for years. We saw them on TV when we were 13, had them on tape for awhile but they got lost years and years ago.

And he found them today.

Don Muraco and Lou Albano are the most spectacular men. As two fans of the bad guys, this was the greatest thing ever.

and then.. LOU ALBANO IS A SCUMBAG!

Muraco is so awesome.

• Like 2

And two holy grails for me have been found. 

Me and my buddy have been looking for these promos online for years. We saw them on TV when we were 13, had them on tape for awhile but they got lost years and years ago.

And he found them today.

Don Muraco and Lou Albano are the most spectacular men. As two fans of the bad guys, this was the greatest thing ever.

and then.. LOU ALBANO IS A SCUMBAG!

Muraco is so awesome.

These, as well as Blassie, Grand Wizard and later JVentura and RRPiper stuff, shaped my whole worldview. I mean, Backlund may have been a great role model (and later on, I recognized what a brilliant worker he was) but who would a callow youth such as young RAF (and morally-stunted adult (again, myself)) want to hang out with and therefore emulate? Who got the ladies? Who had the most larfs? Damn, we watched these over and over...

no regrets,

RAF