DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

That Del Rey piece warms my heart. She's so fucking kickass, and I'm glad she's getting recognition, even from just the website.

Isn't this the making of a perfect angle? Sara comes in claiming she made these girls, she's the best. It writes itself.

I am not quite sure when the decision was made to let the WWE website be awesome but they are now cranking out things that you would never expect.

Latest example

WWE's Secret Weapon: How Sara Amato is changing the Diva's Division

Well hey, I said after that Paige/Emma match at Arrival that she deserves a raise.  This works too.

That article was great. If Emma and Paige are signs of her influence I hope they keep her around for a long time.

Since we're talking Divas did anyone see AJ vs Nattie from Main Event? One of the better WWE women's matches I've ever seen.

I don't know if anyone watches True Detective, but I think

Errol/The Yellow King's weird compound seriously needs to be ripped off for some Wyatt Family vignettes. Shit, if it were me, I'd have Wyatt kidnap Nikki Bella in the build for WM, and have Cena find her tied up wearing a pair of antlers. Of course, we'll keep it PG and just say they kidnapped her. But any adult watching who has seen the show will get the idea. The whole mystic bayou thing they did through the whole series really gave me a lot of cool ideas for them.

Yeah, I made a comment in the Raw thread that Bray should have been the Yellow King.  I'll be surprised if we don't get some antlers at some point, and I'm sure they'll some creepy Nikki stuff to heat up the feud. 

I'm out of likes for the day apparently, but that's awesome, man. I must have totally glossed over it.

• Like 1

I think they should start filming at least parts of house shows and have a recap/highlight show and then they could do title changes at house shows and shill "check out the WWE Network to see the exclusive footage of this historic event." They could even interrupt what ever is streaming with a BREAKING NEWS Tag Team title change and show footage of it. It would increase the importance of house shows and the network.

• Like 1

Since we're talking Divas did anyone see AJ vs Nattie from Main Event? One of the better WWE women's matches I've ever seen.

I'm co-signing this.  I'd like to hear Nattie-haters convince me that she's still the worst female worker on the main roster.

• Like 1

THOUGHT OF THE DAY.

I think I'm retroactively hating Mike Tenay's WCW commentary because of his TNA commentary. I don't remember caring before, but now when his voice chimes in I vomit all over myself.

• Like 5

THOUGHT OF THE DAY.

I think I'm retroactively hating Mike Tenay's WCW commentary because of his TNA commentary. I don't remember caring before, but now when his voice chimes in I vomit all over myself.

I have the same problem but it's with imagining the stupid fucking face he pulls when he's not talking. Like Droopy trying to solve a magic eye puzzle.

• Like 9

Speaking of THOUGHTS, I was thinking about this earlier today and was curious about Rey's place in wrestling history. Where does he stack up against the best of all time? His promo work is really weak, but does he have enough top end matches against a variety of opponents to deserve mention alongside of people like Flair, Hart, and Jumbo?

I'm leaning towards yes, but will have to go back and watch a lot of his stuff before I could make a good argument either way. Regardless, I'm starting to realize Rey Mysterio is one of my favorite wrestlers. 

THOUGHT OF THE DAY.

Well, when Russo decides to introduce an announcer who hilariously vomits every time Tenay speaks, we know who to blame.

Speaking of THOUGHTS, I was thinking about this earlier today and was curious about Rey's place in wrestling history. Where does he stack up against the best of all time? His promo work is really weak, but does he have enough top end matches against a variety of opponents to deserve mention alongside of people like Flair, Hart, and Jumbo?

I'm leaning towards yes, but will have to go back and watch a lot of his stuff before I could make a good argument either way. Regardless, I'm starting to realize Rey Mysterio is one of my favorite wrestlers. 

To me, Rey has really hurt his all-time standing with his last few years. I started to sour on him with his Eddie Guerrero Memorial WHC run, but I really feel like he's hung around too long now.

I'm co-signing this.  I'd like to hear Nattie-haters convince me that she's still the worst female worker on the main roster.

Great match.

Clearly she isn't the worst in the ring with Cameron and Eva Marie about. Her commentary appearances are always horrible and she's not got a very good understanding of how to be a babyface; I think tonight's performance shows she is also phoning it in most of the time.

That match was so unfair to Rey, he has to go through a tournanment to win but Cena gets an instant title shot against a tired Rey. I know heel Rey wouldn't work but that should have been reason for Rey to turn on Cena and have a Cena vs Rey feud.

How can you hold bad promos against him but at the same time include people that don't speak English or work in the States? Shouldn't everyone be graded equally? People aren't holding promos against guys like Misawa or Kawada, right?