DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I gotta say, reading Bix destroy thr Grantland guys on Twitter this morning because they're clueless about the Network is glorious.

Good to hear. It was an error-filled puff piece.

They should have just blocked him.

Bo should come in with IRS and totally acknowledge his "weirdo" brother.  IRS could blame mass tax evasion as the reason he could only afford to send one of his kids to a good school. 

IRS had to disown Bray after finding out he is the leader of a Cult which claims tax-exemption status.

I was thinking today that it would have been pretty hysterical when Chris Hero was still in nXt if they had cast him in the Bobby Dempsey role in some new super athletic douchey heel stable. The weight loss suit, the weights, everything. Considering how petty wrestling can be, I sort of assume the only reason this didn't happen us because Dusty and HHH hadn't seen that period of ROH.

Here's a strange question for everyone: has wrestling changed over the last three years or so?

I was watching some random PPVs from the past few years on the Network and it seems like the style of wrestling in the WWE feels different and more strike-heavy than it ever has been. Also the match formula for WWE matches have been refined and perfected.

I dunno, and I can't exactly explain it as well as I want to, but mainstream wrestling feels a lot different than it did in the recent past.

It's a combination of 3-hour Raws and a bunch of mid 2000s indy wrestlers hitting the roster at the same time. The extra time on Raw has allowed just about everyone to significant reps with 10+ minute matches and the indy guys are responsible for things like more/better strikes and the "kings road" style finishing runs. Not surprisingly, the time frame of these changes correlates rather strongly with the usage of Daniel Bryan on WWE tv. Then you follow him with guys like Cesaro, Rollins, Ambrose, etc that do the same things in the midcard and pretty soon the majority of the roster has adapted because it's what the hot new acts are doing.

random thought: if Solomon Crowe gets called up to the WWE in his hacker gimmick, his vignettes should involve him hacking into the WWE feed during RAW matches to air random 5/10 second clips of programming from the WWE library. Like a match is interrupted by a clip from 1992 WCW or 1998 Shotgun Saturday Night or something.

so essentially i'm suggesting a debut build where Crowe does the Max Headroom incident (without any naked asses being swatted) for a few weeks without any direct connection of the hackings to Crowe until he debuts.

• Like 2

The Max Headroom broadcast signal intrusion was a television signal hijacking that occurred in Chicago, Illinois, on the evening of November 22,1987. It is an example of what is known in the television business as broadcast signal intrusion. The intruder was successful in interrupting two broadcast television stations within the course of three hours. Neither the hijacker nor any accomplices have ever been found or identified.

• Like 1