DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Other then being his mom did she ave any qualifications to be somebody's agent? I never get this when actors and athletes have their mom or dad as their agent, I mean I do in the sense that they are your folks and should be looking out for your best interest and who isnt gonna trust their mom. But it seems like a conflict of interest to me. I would never have my mom call in sick for me.

31 if it happened in 2001. 22 if it happened in 1992. I'm not exactly sure if Jim Ross is referring to WWF or WCW when it comes to the time of that Buff/Judy story.

So, when does Scotty Riggs get into the gigolo business?

The better question is, when does Jimmy Del Ray live up to his nickname and get into the gigolo business?

Other then being his mom did she ave any qualifications to be somebody's agent? I never get this when actors and athletes have their mom or dad as their agent, I mean I do in the sense that they are your folks and should be looking out for your best interest and who isnt gonna trust their mom. But it seems like a conflict of interest to me. I would never have my mom call in sick for me.

Unless you are Thora Birch.  Mom and pop arent' always going to look out for you.

Watching old stuff and the WWF roster turnover from Wrestlemania 8 to Wrestlemania 9 is startling. WWE really needs something like that today where they move on from guys who have been treading water for years and new blood comes in.

Nearly twenty guys worked mania 8 that didn't work mania 9

Most of the current rostet can't even make to the Raw before WM. Let alone the preshow. And it's been this way for years now.

Former AWA wrestler and WWE enhancement talent Buck “Rock & Roll” Zumhofe was found guilty of six counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and six counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct in Minnesota yesterday, for molesting his daughter. Zumhofe will be sentenced today. Reports are that he tried to run from the courtroom when the verdict was read but police tackled him.

you'd think being a pro wrestler would prepare one to fuck women of questionable quality

One of the counselors at camp when I was in 6th grade was a die-hard Buff fan, and she was smoking hot. Of course, I was 11, so my judgment may have been a little warped by the ongoing hormone tornado in my body.

Former AWA wrestler and WWE enhancement talent Buck “Rock & Roll” Zumhofe was found guilty of six counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and six counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct in Minnesota yesterday, for molesting his daughter. Zumhofe will be sentenced today. Reports are that he tried to run from the courtroom when the verdict was read but police tackled him.

hitting him in the head with a boombox may have been police brutality though

• Like 2

#RememberTheWrestler

• Like 1

The Headbangers would have smashed a boombox over a cop's head.

"Did he sell it?"

EHTiORT.jpg

• Like 7

The Headbangers would have smashed a JVC Kaboom-box over a cop's head.

FTFY

Bagwell's, erm, interesting career turn was brought up on last night's @Midnight on Comedy Central. Jericho was on there the other night too... and WON! I'm guessing Hardwick is a wrestling fan.

EDIT: Watch Foley show up and fail miserably.

Man Foley is perhaps the saddest "old dude" going. Flair looks like death and has fucked up his life. Hogan has pissed all over my memories of him. But Foley is like the cool crazy uncle you grew up with and you'd see him like twice a year and just want to hang out with him forever. Then when you're older he buys you beer and tells you cool stories and gives you dirty magazines and he's just the dude that you hang out with at parties and shit.

Then you're 24 and you realise he's no further along in life than when he was 18 and he's just doddering about trying to be cool and funny and you always go to his place to meet up with him because your girlfriend hates him. Then you're 30 and he's never met your kids because you're scared he'll walk in the room stinking of piss and cigarettes and they'll be traumatised for years.

• Like 6

Hulk can produce a shadow of what he was. Which a lot of these old timers and The Rock can't. 

I don't know why but ever since his son died, Flair has seemed like the old Flair. I think he gave up and has nothing to lose. My heart goes out to him. I can't imagine how he even gets out of bed now. 

Bagwell's, erm, interesting career turn was brought up on last night's @Midnight on Comedy Central. Jericho was on there the other night too... and WON! I'm guessing Hardwick is a wrestling fan.

EDIT: Watch Foley show up and fail miserably.

Man Foley is perhaps the saddest "old dude" going. Flair looks like death and has fucked up his life. Hogan has pissed all over my memories of him. But Foley is like the cool crazy uncle you grew up with and you'd see him like twice a year and just want to hang out with him forever. Then when you're older he buys you beer and tells you cool stories and gives you dirty magazines and he's just the dude that you hang out with at parties and shit.

Then you're 24 and you realise he's no further along in life than when he was 18 and he's just doddering about trying to be cool and funny and you always go to his place to meet up with him because your girlfriend hates him. Then you're 30 and he's never met your kids because you're scared he'll walk in the room stinking of piss and cigarettes and they'll be traumatised for years.

Forget the whole "I don't know where I live" thing, I wasn't worried about Foley's concussion count until that one real weird Melina chapter in his third book.

I don't know why but ever since his son died, Flair has seemed like the old Flair. I think he gave up and has nothing to lose. My heart goes out to him. I can't imagine how he even gets out of bed now. 

He makes sure to keep the booze on a table he can't reach and not on the nightstand by the bed as motivation to get up.

With everything Mick has sacrificed, he is entitled to act as weird as he wants. 

Not disagreeing with you mate, I just don't want to see it. It's pretty heartbreaking. Like, Hogan is all there he's just a bit of a deviant. But Naitch and Mick are in a bad way mentally and it isn't pleasant.

He makes sure to keep the booze on a table he can't reach and not on the nightstand by the bed as motivation to get up.

As the close friend of several alcoholics (probably myself included) I didn't really think too much about Flair's partying until we stumbled upon an episode of Impact during a hang out session, and one of the young go-hards commented "Damn, that nigga's face RED"

• Like 2