DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I'm sure there's a great untold story about how Judy Bagwell got on the WCW payroll. I'm picturing her showing up one day at WCW headquarters to chew out Bischoff over something ridiculous and Bischoff giving her a job so she would leave him alone.

Brody held the tag title in World Class, if that counts.

Likewise Kamala was champion in Memphis.

I was going by the promotions listed by the person asking the question.

Fair enough, though I'd argue he left out a lot of promotions that were major in their day.

Watching old stuff and the WWF roster turnover from Wrestlemania 8 to Wrestlemania 9 is startling. WWE really needs something like that today where they move on from guys who have been treading water for years and new blood comes in.

Nearly twenty guys worked mania 8 that didn't work mania 9

• Like 1

Watching old stuff and the WWF roster turnover from Wrestlemania 8 to Wrestlemania 9 is startling. WWE really needs something like that today where they move on from guys who have been treading water for years and new blood comes in.

And business dropped accordingly.

JTG and Xavier Woods as Cryme Tyme II would be the quintessential WWE move when they need some tags post-Mania.

I wonder if he gets his mom to call in sick for him, when there's a fat chick he don't wanna fuck?

(I'm disappointed in myself, for that sentence.)

I'm sure Buff knows that fat chicks will let him degrade them, like standing them against a wall and pelting them with lunch meat. Plus, fat chicks will suck you off like they're sucking jelly out of a donut. He's not gonna pass that up.

• Like 1

Was amused to learn today that he vacated it twice. A situation where Kerry is the reliable party, lol.

• Like 1

To do the WCW Russo era right, you really need the WCW Lives from that period. I'm not sure if they've been archived anywhere. Between the Kool Aid drinkers, the shoot interviews and Russos frequent state of WCW chats, it's probably a goldmine.   

To do the WCW Russo era right, you really need the WCW Lives from that period. I'm not sure if they've been archived anywhere. Between the Kool Aid drinkers, the shoot interviews and Russos frequent state of WCW chats, it's probably a goldmine.   

The best way to do WCW Russo right is to not watch it.

• Like 3

Content listing for the upcoming "Wrestling's Greatest Factions" DVD released on May 27

Disc 1

*D-Generation X

Corporate Rumble for #30 spot in the Royal Rumble

D-Generation X vs The Corporation

RAW * January 11, 1999

*The Heenan Family

Bobby Heenan, King Kong Bundy, & Big John Studd vs. Big Machine, Super Machine, & Capt. Lou Albano

The Big Event * August 28, 1986

*Right to Censor

Right to Censor vs Too Cool & Rikishi

SummerSlam * August 27, 2000

*The Fabulous Freebirds

Elimination Match

The Fabulous Freebirds vs Iceman King Parsons & The Von Erichs (David & Kevin)

WCCW * May 13, 1983

*The Nexus

Elimination Match

The Nexus vs John Cena, Edge, Sheamus, Chris Jericho, & Randy Orton

RAW * August 30, 2010

*The Dangerous Alliance

Bobby Eaton & Steve Austin vs. Sting & Marcus Bagwell

WCW * January 18, 1992

*The Hart Foundation

Flag Match

Bret Hart, Owen Hart, & The British Bulldog vs Steve Austin, Dude Love, & The Undertaker

RAW * July 21, 1997

Disc 2

*The nWo

War Games Match

Team WCW (Diamond Dallas Page, Roddy Piper, & The Warrior) vs Team Hollywood (Hollywood Hogan, Bret Hart, & Stevie Ray) vs. Team Wolfpac (Kevin Nash, Sting, & Lex Luger)

Fall Brawl * September 13, 1998

*The Brood

The Brood vs The JOB Squad (Al Snow, Bob Holly, & Scorpio)

Rock Bottom * December 13, 1998

*Million Dollar Corporation

Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match

Million Dollar Team (Bam Bam Bigelow, King Kong Bundy, Tatanka, & The Heavenly Bodies) vs Guts and Glory (Adam Bomb, Lex Luger, Mable, & The Smoking Gunns)

Survivor Series * November 23, 1994

*Nation of Domination

Owen Hart, Kama Mustafa, & D'Lo Brown vs. Triple H & The New Age Outlaws

Over the Edge * May 31, 1998

*Blue World Order

Big Stevie Cool vs. Axl Rotten

ECW Hardcore TV * January 7, 1997

*The Corporation

Corporate Gauntlet Match

Steve Austin vs. The Corporation

RAW * February 13, 1999

Disc 3

*Evolution

Elimination Match

Evolution (Triple H, Ric Flair, & Randy Orton) vs The Dudleyz

RAW * July 14, 2003

*The Oddities

Kurrgan & Golga vs. Too Much

Shotgun Saturday Night * October 17, 1998

*The Triple Threat

Shane Douglas & Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu

ECW Cyberslam * February 21, 1998

*Legacy

Legacy vs Triple H, Batista, & Shane McMahon

Backlash * April 27, 2009

*Dungeon of Doom

War Games Match

The Hulkamaniacs (Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Lex Luger, & Sting) vs. The Dungeon of Doom (Kamala, The Zodiac, The Shark, & Meng)

Fall Brawl * September 17, 1995

*Straight Edge Society

Handicap Match

The Big Show vs The Straight Edge Society (CM Punk, Luke Gallows, & Joey Mercury)

SummerSlam * August 15, 2010

*The Four Horsemen

Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, & Tully Blanchard vs. Barry Windham, Lex Luger, & Sting

NWA Main Event * April 3, 1988

I always feel bringing up the Nexus and the brief 7 months under Wade Barrett each time they mention factions mean someone realized how bad they screwed up.

:(

so the last couple of days, i've been trying to answer this question in my head:

"who's the most famous wrestler to never win ANY title in a major promotion?"

i was thinking of US-based wrestlers and promotions, so WWF/WCW/AWA/ECW/TNA.

best answers i've come up with yet:

Scott Norton

Kamala

Jimmy Yang? Not only did he never win a title in a major promotion, and unless you count a couple of New Japan tournament wins (neither leading to a title reign), never even won a title, period (not even some shindy's title just to book him for a couple shows.) .

so the last couple of days, i've been trying to answer this question in my head:

"who's the most famous wrestler to never win ANY title in a major promotion?"

i was thinking of US-based wrestlers and promotions, so WWF/WCW/AWA/ECW/TNA.

best answers i've come up with yet:

Scott Norton

Kamala

I was going by the promotions listed by the person asking the question.

Fair enough, though I'd argue he left out a lot of promotions that were major in their day.

yeah, i didn't make a definitive list, just a starting point.

Jimmy Yang? Not only did he never win a title in a major promotion, and unless you count a couple of New Japan tournament wins (neither leading to a title reign), never even won a title, period (not even some shindy's title just to book him for a couple shows.) .

whoa.

good call-out. i figured he must've had a Cruiser reign during his WWE run, or at least that the Jung Dragons won the tag titles or something in WCW.

31 if it happened in 2001. 22 if it happened in 1992. I'm not exactly sure if Jim Ross is referring to WWF or WCW when it comes to the time of that Buff/Judy story.

So, when does Scotty Riggs get into the gigolo business?

I don't think anyone wants the clap, though.

• Like 1

I'm sure Buff knows that fat chicks will let him degrade them, like standing them against a wall and pelting them with lunch meat. Plus, fat chicks will suck you off like they're sucking jelly out of a donut. He's not gonna pass that up.

Weirdest disconnect between content and poster's name that I've seen in some time...

• Like 9