DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Happy to hear drake younger signed with wwe. You can tell listening to him on podcasts that he really loves the business, humble dude and an all around nice guy.

Hopefully he's healthy enough to have a long career in the wwe. He did some crazy death matches for an extended period of time. I always thought he was one of those guys too talented to be wrecking his body night after night doing small shows.

I can't believe "Beef Stew" Lou Marconi is still around.

He just won the NWA National title. Very proud of him, as he's a good friend. He has been trying to get in contention for the NWA World title for years, and he's not giving up on that dream. 

It's probably one of my top-5 wrestling nicknames of all-time.

• Like 2

Drake Younger signed with WWE tonight. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. It's also pretty bizarre that CZW has put more people in to development recently than ROH.

So my old EWR games where I made the Messiah WWE champion could still end up being accurate?

Jesus came back, and the best he could do with his time was professional fucking wrestling? Or is there something I'm misunderstanding?

well, he didn't have many references or a solid job history. Not much you can do with a background in carpentry without looking hard, I hear

• Like 4

Drake Younger signed with WWE tonight. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. It's also pretty bizarre that CZW has put more people in to development recently than ROH.

So my old EWR games where I made the Messiah WWE champion could still end up being accurate?

Jesus came back, and the best he could do with his time was professional fucking wrestling? Or is there something I'm misunderstanding?

well, he didn't have many references or a solid job history. Not much you can do with a background in carpentry without looking hard, I hear

I hear his dad's kind of a big deal, I'm sure he can hook him up with a gig.

Does Brock's Jimmy John's deal keep the WWE from selling merchandise for him?  All his shirts he wears have the JJ logo I've noticed

I couldn't find anything solid online, but FWIW, the Jimmy John's Wikipedia article says they entered into a new agreement with Brock when he came back to WWE in 2012, but there's no source so take that with a grain of salt.

i'd imagine that WWE action figures of Brock could exclude the Jimmy John's logo unless that somehow angers Jimmy John's.

So, looking around HistoryofWWE. Found this

WWF @ Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center - March 24, 1990 (matinee)
WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan & the Big Bossman defeated WWF Tag Team Champions Andre the Giant & Haku in a non-title mach when Hogan pinned Haku with the legdrop

I'd guess that's the last time Hogan and Andre faced each other in a match. And it's pretty random since it came in a string of matches involving Hogan/Bossman facing Perfect/Genius or Hogan/Bossman facing the Powers of Pain.

I'm sure one of those "Hulk Hogan/Big Bossman" matches is on video somewhere and it might actually be an interesting pairing.

Same Milwaukee card had the Bushwhackers going over Perfect/Genius. They went down to Chicago and ran Hogan/Bossman-Hennig/Genius, hoping nobody would be the wiser.

i'd imagine that WWE action figures of Brock could exclude the Jimmy John's logo unless that somehow angers Jimmy John's.

So, looking around HistoryofWWE. Found this

WWF @ Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center - March 24, 1990 (matinee)

WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan & the Big Bossman defeated WWF Tag Team Champions Andre the Giant & Haku in a non-title mach when Hogan pinned Haku with the legdrop

I'd guess that's the last time Hogan and Andre faced each other in a match. And it's pretty random since it came in a string of matches involving Hogan/Bossman facing Perfect/Genius or Hogan/Bossman facing the Powers of Pain.

I'm sure one of those "Hulk Hogan/Big Bossman" matches is on video somewhere and it might actually be an interesting pairing.

Same Milwaukee card had the Bushwhackers going over Perfect/Genius. They went down to Chicago and ran Hogan/Bossman-Hennig/Genius, hoping nobody would be the wiser.

I couldn't find any matches, but I found this pretty dope promo:

• Like 2

Drakes a really cool guy and Im happy for him.

With Callihan, Moxley and now Younger I'm wondering who might be the next CZW alumni to get called up? The WWE is almost halfway to a cage of death!

Masada claims to have previously turned down a developmental deal. I'm sure if he ever decided he wanted to stop doing death matches he could probably sign. Maybe he would if they offered something to his wife.

Despite that, I would say Drew Gulak is probably the next CZW guy to move onwards and upwards. No one else on the roster seems likely. I would say that Adam Cole and Gulak are probably the two Indy guys that are most likely to make an impact right now.

I hear his dad's kind of a big deal, I'm sure he can hook him up with a gig.

His dad did wrestle with HBK in that one match. Don't see why Jesus wouldn't be Kliq material as well.

• Like 1