DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

The report notes that if he does return, Punk will likely slot back into his match with Triple H at WrestleMania XXX, or possibly being added to WWE World Title Match. That match was reportedly changed recently in creative plans to a triple threat, with the third opponent not yet named internally.

The wording, which seems to scream "THEY WERE JUST ABOUT TO ADD BRYAN TO THE MAIN UNTIL PUNK GOT INVOLVED!!!!" screams that someone is trolling someone.  Either WWE is messing with Bryan's fans...or Punk's with a rumor.  Or with Meltzer.

Because if that's the "story" that everyone accepts...then the RAW thread will be way more of a trainwreck than anything a bunch of Bryan of Punk fans could chant on t.v.

It's almost like they're feeding Meltzer info designed to split the fanbase that likes the two guys that are annoying them so that both guys end up weaker.  Which would be fucking brilliant..and a reminder of why Vince always wins.

Here's their chance to put Bryan in the WWE Championship match! I can live with Punk being back if Bryan gets the hell away from HHH and into the match he should have been put in after winning the Rumble in the first place. 

If this is true, of course. 

hmm

Dolph Ziggler @HEELZiggler

kudos to @WWE for editing out the WE WANT ZIGGLER chants face to face w/dave I will never forget that thank u milwaukee #SmackDown

1:39 AM - 1 Mar 2014

Dolph Ziggler @HEELZiggler

...it only wouldve helped the show and made the match that much better @wwe #SmackDown keep doing your thing @WWEUniverse

Why would they even do that? Especially if they turned Dave right before Ziggy came out.

My dream scenario, now that Punk has been off TV for a few weeks is to build a long term angle around it. Keep him off mania and do a Sting 1997 type deal. He was ousted by the authority, etc.

You give Punk the time off he wants while building up interest the whole time.

• Like 1

Speaking of people "getting one over" on Vince, has anyone done so better than Brock Lesnar?

The guy probably gets paid as much as anyone in the company, and only has to wrestle twice a year. Doesn't have to do any media, any live fan appearances, etc. Of course, the performance the guy puts forth is well worth it, but still.

On the other hand, the guy is devoid of ego when it comes to selling for anybody. Look how much he gave that crackheaded muppet looking motherfucker CM Punk (I believe three clear pinfalls interrupted by Heyman.) Would a money-grabbing Goldberg be that accommodating to a guy that puny?

• Like 1

Why does Styles still use that damn thing?  He's hurt or nearly hurt like 4 people with it and its not like its the world's most awesome finish that ever finished.

The Spiral Tap would be a more impressive (and presumably safer) finisher.

I didn't even know the Styles Clash was dangerous. Certainly not more dangerous than a move where a guy jumps off the top rope and does a bunch of flips before landing on you.

The thing about the Styles Clash is that the risk/reward ratio is all sorts of messed up.  If everything goes perfectly, its a pancake face bump that is not even all that impressive.  If it goes wrong?  Which it has several times now, its a guy slamming his whole body weight and your whole body weight down on your neck!   And it can go wrong real easy considering AJ is maybe 5'11'' and the guy taking the move's head is swinging within inches of the canvas during the pendulum portion of the move.  It's probably a bitch to restrain from the instinct of tucking your head.  A 6'7'' guy would give you a ton more space to work with and would be way safer.  AJ can use the Playmaker for all I care, he shouldn't be using a move that doesn't look that great unless it goes horribly wrong.

I figure once AJ steps over the guys arms, their body is kind of forced into a safer position and that it would take effort on the recipient's fault to make it dangerous.

HOWEVER. It's a shit move anyway, and I'll never ever miss it. 

I saw a lucha dude get head spiked on a Styles clash and finish the match in the AWS once. I was in the front row and it was the most fucked up wrestling thing I've seen in person by a long shot. His chin hit his chest. I'm pretty sure Mercurio Jr. has a neck made of rubber.

Probably because Michelle was taller than all the other ladies at the time and has really long legs.  Alicia Fox could probably pull on off easy peasy.

The Styles Clash doesn't even make sense for AJ's gimmick.  He's the "Phenomenal One" and supposed to be this amazingly agile athlete but he beats people with a convoluted faceplant that he has trouble pulling off on bigger guys.  The Springboard 450 or the Spiral Tap are more fitting finishes for a guy with that gimmick.  I'd buy the Springboard forearm smash as a finish too.

Probably because Michelle was taller than all the other ladies at the time and has really long legs.  Alicia Fox could probably pull on off easy peasy.

She did it to Taker with no problem.  What's Styles' excuse?

• Like 1

I don't hate Punk for "playing the game"...  I hate his bitchy fans who have no problem with Punk playing the game but would lose their shit if it was anyone else (and have many times).

In some strange way, FSW has an obligation to troll regarding this issue because it is part of his character for some reason and people deal with it like EN090 and TNA.
Whoa whoa whoa
That's gotta hurt. It's like street performing. All that effort put into perfecting your art and trying to make it mean something and the passersby lump you in with the crazy homeless dude shouting about the government controlling his mind through his fillings.
  • Like 1

I don't hate Punk for "playing the game"...  I hate his bitchy fans who have no problem with Punk playing the game but would lose their shit if it was anyone else (and have many times).

In some strange way, FSW has an obligation to troll regarding this issue because it is part of his character for some reason and people deal with it like EN090 and TNA.

Whoa whoa whoa

That's gotta hurt. It's like street performing. All that effort put into perfecting your art and trying to make it mean something and the passersby lump you in with the crazy homeless dude shouting about the government controlling his mind through his fillings.

Which reminds me I miss this guy so much (Bay area folks will know him):

Absolute best gimmick in a city full of them.

• Like 1

Has Canada ever produced a bad wrestler?

Nattie "Who fucking knows why she gets slack when she's probably the worst diva" Niedhart

Oh, come now.  Worse than Aksana?  Worse than Eva Marie?  Worse than Rosa Mendes?

I don't like Nattie nearly as much as some, but that's just absurd.

Yeah, Nattie has had her fair share of watchable matches. She's far from the worst diva. 

hold up.. When most wrestlers politic their way into the main event scene and/or "protect their spot" it's bullshit but if Punk is inserted into the main event after the stunt he pulled, it's cool?

Explain that one.

But he is the Voice of the Voiceless! And Ice Creams!

El Hijo del Ice Cream sez. "This CM Punk, he no speak for me." Ice Cream Jr. just glares.

• Like 1