DVDVR Message Board

MARCH WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Wasn't Santino a fake Russian in developmental?

Yeah, around the time Heyman took over as OVW booker, Santino started doing a Russian shootfigter gimmick.

That was his second gimmick, I think.  He had a different gimmick when Cornette was there (and slapped him; the infamous Boogeyman incident that got Corny canned).

Why would WWE be regretting making him a Bulgarian? Am I missing something?

Watch the news. The Russian Duma has just agreed to send troops into Ukraine under the excuse of protecting their naval base in Sevastapol, and they have also withdrawn its ambassador to the US. So it'd be kind of topical.

I actually did know about this! Because of the trending things on Facebook. But I still don't know why that would cause WWE to care? They're publicly traded, for one. Heels aren't what they used to be. And they can promote Rusev as being the first Bulgarian wrestler or whatever, which will last longer than this news (assuming he doesn't completely bomb). Just make him a Russian so Cena can topple him at a PPV that people only pay $10 for now? Eh....

So Punk fans are like planning to hijack the Raw show or something. Makes me sad that they won't be doing a BNB segment with Wade telling the fans they need jobs, get laid and/or to think about committing suicide if that's whattheir lives have come to.

So Punk fans are like planning to hijack the Raw show or something. Makes me sad that they won't be doing a BNB segment with Wade telling the fans they need jobs, get laid and/or to think about committing suicide if that's whattheir lives have come to.

I'm going to be very disappointed if WWE doesn't go out of their way to troll Punk fans.

Anyone here familiar with UWE out of Harrisburg, PA? Their next show in on the 15th, with AJ Styles vs AR Fox. Nash and Sonjay Dutt are also on the show.

I've never seen Styles, so I'm thinking of heading out. Just not familiar with any of the regulars to know what to expect...

I'll re-ask the questions i had from last page of Feb discussion...

Few topics of discussion coming from watching the WWE network:

1) Who do you think were the best hot tag/babyface in peril guys of all time?

2) The guys most unfitting to be in a young girl heart throb tag team?

Dennis Condrey looked like a viking, and Robert Gibson just looked like a piece of shit, what with his Repo Man coat and all. You can sign to your family all you want, you're making it less likely for a sixteen year old to want to blow Ricky Morton in 1983. They're my early contenders.

• Like 1

I'll re-ask the questions i had from last page of Feb discussion...

Few topics of discussion coming from watching the WWE network:

1) Who do you think were the best hot tag/babyface in peril guys of all time?

2) The guys most unfitting to be in a young girl heart throb tag team?

Dennis Condrey looked like a viking, and Robert Gibson just looked like a piece of shit, what with his Repo Man coat and all. You can sign to your family all you want, you're making it less likely for a sixteen year old to want to blow Ricky Morton in 1983. They're my early contenders.

I think people forget Robert Gibson was not a bad looking guy in the early 80's . He just started aging in dog years. 

Sort of related, Ricky Morton told a story about Robert beating the piss outta Kodo Fuyuki and Kawada in 1988. 

*static* LOOK IN MY EYES, WHAT DO YOU SEEEEEE?

Does anyone think they'll do a Punk fake out on Raw? On one hand it would get nuclear heat, and I could totally see HHH reveling in it (although they should give the spot to Batista if they do it). On the other hand, it extends the life of random CM Punk chants through Mania at least. Chicago will go nuts with them regardless, but they've gotten pretty small everywhere else, so I don't know if they want to throw gasoline on that dying fire.

*static* LOOK IN MY EYES, WHAT DO YOU SEEEEEE?

Does anyone think they'll do a Punk fake out on Raw? On one hand it would get nuclear heat, and I could totally see HHH reveling in it (although they should give the spot to Batista if they do it). On the other hand, it extends the life of random CM Punk chants through Mania at least. Chicago will go nuts with them regardless, but they've gotten pretty small everywhere else, so I don't know if they want to throw gasoline on that dying fire.

IMO this is yet more proof that

OHHHHH CHICAGO

IS FULL OF SHIT

OH CHICAGO IS FULL OF SHIT

IT'S FULL OF SHIT, SHIT AND MORE SHIT

OH CHICAGO IS FULL OF SHIT

• Like 1

I think Punk is going to turn up. Vince caved and gave him what he wanted.

Ironically enough, at this point inserting Punk into the title match would hardly be the worst thing in the world. It accepts the inevitable booing and allows Orton to control most of the match so Gassedtista won't have to.