DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 7/25

*Taped for Xplosion: Joseph Park def. Devon

*Taped for Xplosion: Eric Young def. Wes Brisco

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing July 25, 2013 from Louisville, KY

*The Main Event Mafia come out for a promo and say they aren't done with the Aces & Eights. Then they bring out new TNA World Champion, Chris Sabin. Sabin issued a challenge to whoever wins Ultimate X for a champion vs champion match next week. Bully Ray interrupted with an attorney, threatening to file a lawsuit if the title is not returned to him by the end of the show.

*Mr. Anderson def. Hernandez after the Mic Check for 7 pts in the BFG Series

*Manik def. Sonjay Dutt & Greg Marasciulo in Ultimate X to become the new X Division Champion

*Velvet Sky came out and cut a promo on Mickie James

*Mickie James def. Gail Kim to retain the knockouts title with a rollup. After the match, Gail got in referee ODB's face. Brooke Hogan came out and reminded Gail that ODB is still an active competitor.

*Christopher Daniels def. Samoa Joe for 7 pts in the BFG Series after a distraction from Mr. Anderson

*AJ Styles def. Jeff Hardy via submission for 10 pts in the BFG Series

*Bully Ray came back out to argue with Sabin over the world title. Hulk Hogan came down and said Sabin is keeping the title, then announced next month in Norfolk, VA will be TNA Hardcore Justice special and it will be Chris Sabin defending the title against Bully Ray in a Steel Cage with the Mafia and Aces & Eights banned from ringside.

So, wait, they set up a champion vs. champion match  with Sabin/Manicide for "next week", and then Hogan specifically states that Sabin will defend the title next month? I kind of assumed setting up the former match meant someone else was going to come out in the Suicide get-up again and shenanigans would ensue. Bully Ray trying to play himself off as TJ Perkins in the suit sounds kind of awesome.

So, wait, they set up a champion vs. champion match  with Sabin/Manicide for "next week", and then Hogan specifically states that Sabin will defend the title next month? I kind of assumed setting up the former match meant someone else was going to come out in the Suicide get-up again and shenanigans would ensue. Bully Ray trying to play himself off as TJ Perkins in the suit sounds kind of awesome.

Bully Ray doing a Midnight Rider and or Charlie Brown From Outta Town impersonation would be the best thing ever.

But, champion vs. champion just means the two champions are wrestling each other. Unless different spoilers say otherwise, it doesn't say its Title vs. Title.

Isn't Hardcore Justice the in-the-can PPV they are airing this month already???

Yes, and it was rubbish (except for the Bald Influence vs Generation Me Ladder match, which was incredible). LAX wrestled a couple of homeless guys, Joe Park wrestled Judas Mesias without them mentioning they they were either half brothers or stepbrothers or something, 3D faced Runt and Jeff, but everyone was in untelevised house show going through the motions mode... it was all comedy hardcore, and almost completely bloodless (Joe Park had a trickle, that was it).

Isn't Hardcore Justice the in-the-can PPV they are airing this month already???

Yes, and it was rubbish (except for the Bald Influence vs Generation Me Ladder match, which was incredible). LAX wrestled a couple of homeless guys, Joe Park wrestled Judas Mesias without them mentioning they they were either half brothers or stepbrothers or something, 3D faced Runt and Jeff, but everyone was in untelevised house show going through the motions mode... it was all comedy hardcore, and almost completely bloodless (Joe Park had a trickle, that was it).

There was a backstage bit where James Mitchell mentioned that Abyss was Joe's brother, and that Mesias was Abyss' half brother or step brother or whatever, so it makes sense. Mitchell is just the guy who screwed Joes mother - who must be a total hoss now I think about it if she combined with litle Jim Mitchell to produce Abyss.  And produced Joseph too.  Weird that all I really remember of that Hardcore Justice special was that and Bob Hollys tattoo.

The matches were largely good, but the UX match was either just boring or I'm completely numb to them. Very weak show promo-wise, which is strange given that Impact is usually awesome with promos. The show started with Dean Hill's being fine and never really got better. Dixie backstage was laughable. Looking forward to Bully-Sabin in 3 weeks.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/07/tna-impact-7-25-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/2seod00qnazkx6ahw6d7td1mqolh1hu4

• Like 1

Pretty good Mickie/Gail and Joe/Daniels matches. I wish they'd let Velvet go during this cost cutting since she's probably got a big contract and is useless. Mickie/Gail/Taryn with ODB thrown in the mix should be good. Ultimate X was just kinda there but the teased superplex off the cables was a cool visual. Hardy/Styles was good stuff... weird to see Hardy tap out rather quickly to the calf killer as it's the first time he's ever tapped in TNA and is someone who's lasted several minutes in the ankle lock while Kurt always escaped the calf killer in his matches with AJ. Still doesn't feel like Sabin's really coming off as superstar world champion. Sabin/Manik seems like a very odd 'champion vs champion' caliber match.

Well big for a knockout like reports said Tara supposedly had in leading to her "cost cutting" release, and how Christy Hemme's always been reported as having a bigger than necessary contract. Thought I remembered reading something similar when Velvet left for a couple of months last year during their contract restructuring disputes before she signed a new one and came back.

There was a backstage bit where James Mitchell mentioned that Abyss was Joe's brother, and that Mesias was Abyss' half brother or step brother or whatever, so it makes sense. Mitchell is just the guy who screwed Joes mother - who must be a total hoss now I think about it if she combined with litle Jim Mitchell to produce Abyss.  And produced Joseph too.

Aww, that's no good.  My favorite part of the Abyss/Joseph Park thing is that the only person who seems to realize they're the same person is Sting. 

They did bring Abyss' mom out once.  I don't think she was huge.  I seem to recall she looked old enough to be Mitchell's mother.  She wasn't as good an actress as Claire Lynch either.

And I always thought the storyline for Mesias was he was like a replacement son for Mitchell and that he came from Hell not Mitchell's loins.  Can't say I've missed any of the Abyss/Mitchell nonsense that came from that Sting feud.

I liked that bit where when Bully brought out the Lawyer and said "Do you know who he is?", one of the fans immediately yelled "KEVIN NASH!"

• Like 1

Having Dean Hill as the no-name attorney in Louisville would be like having Bill Dundee play an unknown security guard on RAW show in Memphis. He is so obvious to the fans of the area it is just stupid to take it seriously.  All I will say Dean makes a good heel even if the words he had to say was really bad.